Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

in addition to that facebook post there was the newsletter updates that implied that all people who selected PC would get access in addition to the interview(s) Bobby King gave.
I went back and checked the newsletters and found this:

Newsletter 14 said:
We've finally been greenlit on Steam!

We expect to have a new version of the Pinball Arcade available on Steam in a couple of months. Thanks for your patience and for your support in voting for us!

To celebrate, Kickstarter backers who selected the Windows version can expect to be getting a beta build of the Windows version in the next several weeks.

Not exact but sounds like any one who selected the PC as a option would get access to the beta. But then there's this

Newsletter 16 said:
Since our Steam Greenlight several months ago, we’ve been hard at work creating a Steam version of the Pinball Arcade. We’re happy to announce that the first Beta build of the Steam platform was released to internal test last week! We will be conducting a closed public Beta of the Steam version in July- if you are one of our Kickstarter backers entitled to Beta access on the PC platform, watch your email for information on how to get access! We are targeting an August release for the Pinball Arcade on Steam with all of the current table packs available.

This makes it sould like only those already entitled to beta access would get the steam beta.

I deleted Newsletter 15 so I can't quote that one. If anyone has it can you check to see if it mentions anything about steam.

Further I think it was a podcast interview with Bobby that mentioned the steam beta for 100+ backers, There was also mention of those who chose PC as a platform in the KS would get the 1st 4 table pack for free as part of their reward. I can't find the Podcast though so if anyone can find that post it here.

Bobby also stated something like it himself in one of the interviews. Ask him.

Ok so the quote I was referring to was from the Round 1 interview with Jeff.

Here's the Link and he discusses the steam version starting at 9:45

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...obby-King-(Round-1)?highlight=audio+interview

Partial quote from the interview said:
I'm actually surprised we haven't sent that out yet, that's one of the goals we had earlier in the year was to get all the kickstarter PC guys a version of the game that had the 4 launch tables and the table they backed and its still the plan and I cant see why we cant get that to you guys relatively soon

Again no actual mention of the beta but he references KS pc pledgers getting a build with the 4 launch tables and their backed table.

I remember him saying it was a sort or mea culpa for the length of time it took to get the steam version green lit.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I just found this post to Facebook from December 31, 2012. Obviously, after reading the paragraph in entirety they are referring to the beta build that happened in January.

It’s Day 12 of the 12 Days of a Pinball Arcade Christmas!

Congratulations! FarSight applauds the top 100 players of our latest tournament! We are cooking up their prize and plan to include it in the next mobile updates.

Congratulations again! This time to the Bally table Centuar as winner of our online poll! It garnered 46% of the vote, followed closely by 8 Ball deluxe at 43% and Fireball at 11%. We plan to release Centaur in May or June of 2013 on mobile and the month after that on consoles. Stay tuned for more fan table voting throughout 2013.

We will be having a Pro Version sale on iOS and Android throughout the month of January. The Pro Version for Tales of the Arabian Nights will be just $0.99! What a deal!

Speaking of Pro Versions, the Table of the Month for the next pack will be the Pro Version of Medieval Madness.

Special News about the PC version of Pinball Arcade: While we still hope to be greenlit by Steam and use them as our distribution portal, we are creating a special build for the $500+ kickstarter backers that will allow them to play a PC build containing Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and the four pack of launch tables. Everyone that selected the PC version as a backer reward of either Star Trek or Twilight Zone will get the opportunity to play the PC version of the table you backed very soon. We’ll be sending out emails to download these builds via email in January.

Happy New Year, everyone!​

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/510851395602592

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I just found this post to Facebook from December 31, 2012. Obviously, after reading the paragraph in entirety they are referring to the beta build that happened in January.

It’s Day 12 of the 12 Days of a Pinball Arcade Christmas!

Congratulations! FarSight applauds the top 100 players of our latest tournament! We are cooking up their prize and plan to include it in the next mobile updates.

Congratulations again! This time to the Bally table Centuar as winner of our online poll! It garnered 46% of the vote, followed closely by 8 Ball deluxe at 43% and Fireball at 11%. We plan to release Centaur in May or June of 2013 on mobile and the month after that on consoles. Stay tuned for more fan table voting throughout 2013.

We will be having a Pro Version sale on iOS and Android throughout the month of January. The Pro Version for Tales of the Arabian Nights will be just $0.99! What a deal!

Speaking of Pro Versions, the Table of the Month for the next pack will be the Pro Version of Medieval Madness.

Special News about the PC version of Pinball Arcade: While we still hope to be greenlit by Steam and use them as our distribution portal, we are creating a special build for the $500+ kickstarter backers that will allow them to play a PC build containing Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and the four pack of launch tables. Everyone that selected the PC version as a backer reward of either Star Trek or Twilight Zone will get the opportunity to play the PC version of the table you backed very soon. We’ll be sending out emails to download these builds via email in January.

Happy New Year, everyone!​

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade/posts/510851395602592

Did that build ever get released? I got the intial TZ beta but that was a single table with zero optimization and that one was given out around the 15th of December. If I'm not mistaken that build was never released.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
OK everyone, please remain calm until we can get this sorted, as there's obviously mass confusion here.

Shaneus, beta access started at $500+ for Twilight Zone and Star Trek Backers.

It starts at $300+ for T2. All tiers below the $300 pledge amount receive the game as soon as the unlock codes are distributed to us from the corresponding companies (PSN, Steam).

Beta testers are the only backers to receive early access to tables.
I think we're talking about two different betas. You're speaking of the ongoing beta like we have for iOS currently. In that case, you are correct, that ongoing beta hasn't been promised to anyone except to the $400+ backers for T2. (TZ and ST:TNG did not promise ongoing beta access, and TZ had a one-shot PC beta back in Nov/Dec 2012. ST:TNG never had a PC beta, probably because only 3 people would have been eligible for it.)

What we're asking about is the one-shot beta for the Steam version, where backers of any level that chose PC as one of their platforms were going to be able to test the table(s) they backed and possibly the core tables as well depending on backer level, but only until the official release happened. After release, the backers would have the entitlements for the table(s) they backed and would need to purchase the other tables as normal, and they would have no further part in beta testing. It is this beta that everyone is concerned about.

(I see some of the other members have started to excavate Facebook for the relevant posts. Thanks for your help!)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
"What we're asking about is the one-shot beta for the Steam version, where backers of any level that chose PC as one of their platforms were going to be able to test the table(s) they backed and possibly the core tables as well depending on backer level, but only until the official release happened. After release, the backers would have the entitlements for the table(s) they backed and would need to purchase the other tables as normal, and they would have no further part in beta testing. It is this beta that everyone is concerned about."

Yes!! This was supposed to go to PC backers of TZ and STTNG and to anyone $100 and over since that includes the PC as one of the platforms.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
PinWiZ, Can you point me to where this was stated? Want to make sure we get any past promises fulfilled. I was not aware of this. I'm going off the information on the original Kickstarter pages.

As you can see, the link I provided in my post you quoted no longer exists, but the same information was posted HERE by you guys which stated the following :

"Special News about the PC version of Pinball Arcade: While we still hope to be greenlit by Steam and use them as our distribution portal, we are creating a special build for the $500+ kickstarter backers that will allow them to play a PC build containing Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and the four pack of launch tables. Everyone that selected the PC version as a backer reward of either Star Trek or Twilight Zone will get the opportunity to play the PC version of the table you backed very soon. We’ll be sending out emails to download these builds via email in January."

I made that post providing information you guys posted back in December.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
""Everyone that selected the PC version as a backer reward of either Star Trek or Twilight Zone will get the opportunity to play the PC version of the table you backed very soon. We’ll be sending out emails to download these builds via email in January.""

Includes the $100 tiers and above since those include all platforms TPA is released on.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
So to be clear that farsight facebook post promises a PC beta with the 4 launch tables plus TZ and STTNG for anyone who pledged +500 on either KS. And everyone else who pleged gets a PC beta with just the table they pledged for. Basically betas for everyone who chose PC, and a souped up beta for those in the 500 tiers.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So to be clear that farsight facebook post promises a PC beta with the 4 launch tables plus TZ and STTNG for anyone who pledged +500 on either KS. And everyone else who pleged gets a PC beta with just the table they pledged for. Basically betas for everyone who chose PC, and a souped up beta for those in the 500 tiers.

You are correct.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So the $100 tier gets the shaft?

No, anyone below the $500 tier were originally not supposed to get access to any Beta of any sort in the beginning, but FarSight decided to offer everyone below the $500 tier Beta access of the table they backed on PC and those who were in the $500 tier and above Beta access of the table they backed plus the four core tables as a way of giving back for the long wait for PC backers.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Ok. If that is how they want to play this fine. Just mark it as another Farsight miscommunication, lie, overreach. Call it whatever you want to. I am done with their kickstarters from here on out.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok. If that is how they want to play this fine. Just mark it as another Farsight miscommunication, lie, overreach. Call it whatever you want to. I am done with their kickstarters from here on out.

Can you please point me to where the miscommunication, lie or overreach from FarSight occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.