Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

So the $100 tier gets the shaft?

With the Kickstarted tables being included in the Season passes now, it's an even deeper shaft now.

This gives the impression that Farsight can afford to sell these tables at a discounted rate and lose money on the sales, so that there will always be a need for further kickstarters, where the high level donators either pay 3-5 times more and get some sort of access based reward or donate 5-10 times less to merely get a single copy of the table. This hardly encourages anyone to further back FS in any more Kickstarters unless they believe in the altruistic idea that the thing should happen; regardless of the rewards offered.

As a $100 backer I now have to rebuy table(s) I am "entitled" to on any platform I re-purchase TPA on. At least FS offered me A credit for T2 seeing as I have already paid for it in Season 2 and then Kickstarted it.

I probably have enough credits to pre-buy Season 3 at this point. Not that that does me any good, as in order to buy season 3 i'll have to buy it through the IAP and then get credited for the amount I am already owed ... Which will just be more credits. Yay. Soon i'll have to gift TPA to random people I know instead.

It's not that FarSight owes us anything, well with credits on account ..., but the way this has been handled is leading to yet another SNAFU Cluster**** that isn't helping their reputation as a company, and that affects how the product is viewed.

Don't make promises you can't deliver, stop undercutting your support base, and stop making it so difficult to support this company.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So lets get the facts straight...

FACT: All backers of the TZ and STTNG KS are entitled to a BETA code where you chose (or changed to) PC as your platform

FACT: T2 KS were never going to get BETA access below $500 tier

FACT: $500 KS tier get the core tables as well as the KS tables they chose to support?

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Whatever. Why the f would I be here for 6 months expecting something like that?

Lol seriously, you were promised nothing more than a beta for the tables you pledged (and even that was not promised to you when you actually pledged your money it became an extra after the fact.). Which if they honor their statement on facebook you will get. If you read it as you were going to get The whole shebang than the misunderstanding is on your end. You have a point if you aren't given a beta at all, but right now it just sounds like your throwing a tantrum. We made Mike aware of the discrepancy and hopefully it will be resolved and you and the rest of the sub 500 pledgers will get the beta for the table they pledged for. Until that happens we're literally in the same boat we were in yesterday.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Again, from Newsletter #14, dated April 20:

We expect to have a new version of the Pinball Arcade available on Steam in a couple of months. Thanks for your patience and for your support in voting for us!

To celebrate, Kickstarter backers who selected the Windows version can expect to be getting a beta build of the Windows version in the next several weeks.

Bobby King stated in one of the interviews that the beta will contain the core tables as well.

Really Farsight, you can only lose by backing down and not delivering what you've promised. People will get furious and that are not the customers you want.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

First of all, you need to calm down a bit and second, if you can't provide us with any information to back up your accusations, I suggest you leave well enough alone.

I also backed both The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation Kickstarters at the $100 level and if I get a Beta of just the two tables I backed, then I see that as an added bonus as we were never originally promised a Beta of any kind and I certainly never expected to get the core tables as well. I still don't know where you read or heard that information from.

JosiahB

Nov 6, 2012

What do you care if everyone who pledged for PC gets the Steam Beta (if that does end up happening)? When you pledged $100 for the TZ Kickstarter, this is what you were promised:

Get a special version of the Twilight Zone pinball table with access to the table operator’s menu on every platform (again, except the Xbox 360). You'll also get an entry into the Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament!

That's it. Nothing more. And I don't see the word "beta" there anywhere. You agreed to that. Anything more that Farsight gives you is a bonus.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
They also said pro mode was exclusive and then gave it away to everybody.

Do I really need to go back? Everybody here including moderators felt the same way. Do not promise what you can't deliver. Where are the wallpapers that were promised?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
What do you care if everyone who pledged for PC gets the Steam Beta (if that does end up happening)? When you pledged $100 for the TZ Kickstarter, this is what you were promised:

That's it. Nothing more. And I don't see the word "beta" there anywhere. You agreed to that. Anything more that Farsight gives you is a bonus.

I was thinking the same thing as I read through these posts. When you pledged $100 you weren't expecting to get any beta access. Anyway, it's only beta access for a couple of weeks (unless you thought you were getting permanent beta access).

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012

What do I care? I care because I too wanted PC but where was that choice ever given to me? I will say it again, $100 level and above include EVERY platformTPA is released. That includes PC. Why should I be screwed over because I didn't even get a email asking what platforms I want it on. I get them all!! What don't you get?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They also said pro mode was exclusive and then gave it away to everybody.
Actually, they never said the pro mode would always be exclusive to the $100+ tiers, and at several points backers in those tiers indicated that we would rather see it made available to everyone, rather than see FarSight invest a bunch of time and resources (the operator menus take a lot of time to implement and test) for something that, at the time, only about 300 people would have been able to access.

And they don't give it away, it costs $3-$4 a table to upgrade it to its pro version. One of the most common complaints we get here is that they do in fact charge for the pro mode features, which some people feel should be included in the base table. But that's a different discussion and one that we're not getting into in this thread.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I was thinking the same thing as I read through these posts. When you pledged $100 you weren't expecting to get any beta access. Anyway, it's only beta access for a couple of weeks (unless you thought you were getting permanent beta access).

It is principle of it.
I never, ever expected permanent beta access. I did expect what they said they were going to deliver.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Actually, they never said the pro mode would always be exclusive to the $100+ tiers, and at several points backers in those tiers indicated that we would rather see it made available to everyone, rather than see FarSight invest a bunch of time and resources (the operator menus take a lot of time to implement and test) for something that, at the time, only about 300 people would have been able to access.

And they don't give it away, it costs $3-$4 a table to upgrade it to its pro version. One of the most common complaints we get here is that they do in fact charge for the pro mode features, which some people feel should be included in the base table. But that's a different discussion and one that we're not getting into in this thread.

Maybe it was the $1 ball that was so exclusive that the $100 backers got. Whatever, make me out to be the bad guy all you want. You, yourself felt the same way I did, and even posted as to such.

JosiahB

Nov 6, 2012
What do I care? I care because I too wanted PC but where was that choice ever given to me? I will say it again, $100 level and above include EVERY platformTPA is released. That includes PC. Why should I be screwed over because I didn't even get a email asking what platforms I want it on. I get them all!! What don't you get?

I think you're confused. If everyone that pledged under $500 for PC TZ gets the Steam beta, you will too. No one said otherwise.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
I feel bad for you dapinballwizard... months of dedication and that's what you get.

Why don't they just release the game on steam at this point? Tons of people would be interested to pay the full price for an early access and to be a beta tester. Early access could still be free during the beta for the ''VIP donators''.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
There are people that pledged only $20 and picked PC as their choice. If they got it and I didn't because they picked PC, yeah I would have a problem with that.

JosiahB

Nov 6, 2012
There are people that pledged only $20 and picked PC as their choice. If they got it and I didn't because they picked PC, yeah I would have a problem with that.

What I just said in my last post (you might not have seen it) is that that's not going to happen. I'm not sure why you would have assumed that. If everyone under $500 that chose PC gets the Steam beta, that means EVERYONE. The $100 tier would be included by default.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Thought it was stated that all people who picked the PC version for all past KS tables (Twlight & Star Trek) would get beta's of these tables??

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There's way too much ranting going on about who does and who doesn't get Beta access on the PC when the answer has been clearly stated many times. If this keeps up, I will be forced to temporarily close this thread to allow some of you to cool off and actually read what has been posted over and over regarding Beta access on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.