BlahCade Podcast #11 - Bobby King Interview (TAF Kickstarter)

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
But there' s already an existing TFTC licensed pinball table. I interpreted him to mean a license which there isn't an existing pinball table.

Okay. My bad. As I said before, I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet (and I won't until the end of the day). I just got excited when people started commenting about licenses.

I am actually kinda bummed out that they are already talking about doing original tables. There are so many classics from the early 80's and before that they haven't even tapped yet!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some Sony movies
Mary Shelley Frankenstein
Ghost Busters
Resident Evil
Close Encounters
Johnny Mnemonic
Spider-Man
Men In Black
Godzilla
Robocop
Starship Troopers

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sounded to me like they got a license to do an already licensed Sony pin and also a Sony license to create an original pin. Didn't he say a package of more than one license?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, to me it was one property that already existed, one that would be done as an original.

My mind immediately went to Ghostbusters for the original, and because it is a Williams/Bally table, Johnny Mnemonic I think would be the other. Adding in the wrinkle that Data East/Sega is on the way more so than in the past, that does open it up to those other titles. I'm very excited about the block purchasing of licenses though. That means less need for kickstarters for all but the major titles. Be curious to see what the stretch goal is when the kickstarter is revealed tomorrow. If there is one.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Sounded to me like they got a license to do an already licensed Sony pin and also a Sony license to create an original pin. Didn't he say a package of more than one license?

It should be several tables coming out with the Sony licensing done. Certain properties would require additional licensing (Spider-man, Men in Black, Starship Troopers, etc).

As for the original table, there are a lot of possibilities. Close Encounters would be absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. Underworld seems like it would make a lot of sense. I read up on the holding of Sony and they also have Wheel of Fortune but Jeopardy! is a theme that has not been done and could be a possibility. Plus who wouldn't want anything with Bill Murray and Stripes would be pretty cool, too. Of course it could also be Erin Brockovich or 50 First Dates.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Isn't Bram Stoker's Dracula a Sony property? So maybe they already did the pre-existing one.

Edit: okay, I'll shut up until I actually listen.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Isn't Bram Stoker's Dracula a Sony property? So maybe they already did the pre-existing one.

It's in addition to BSD. Buying a block only makes sense if it's more than 2 properties. Think 3-4 for the prices to become reasonable.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There already is a Close Encounters pin. It's an early SS pin. I wouldn't think they would go through the licensing to recreate that pin though.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
LAST ACTION HERO!!!!

anything Columbia, TriStar or MGM Would be in play.

So STARGATE, ROBOCOP, FRANKENSTEIN, STARSHIP TROOPERS, GOLDENEYE, JOHNNY NEMONIC could all be options.

GHOSTBUSTERS would seem to be the no brainer Sony original property. That being said UNDERWORLD makes a lot of sense too.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think we definitely see Johnny Mnemonic. It's a popular table (though I never got to play it) and would fit right into the lineup. Could well be early S4. Get the polls warmed up ;-)

Personally I'd like to see Starship Troopers, but it's a Sega/DE so we may need to wait.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Great job on the Podcast I'm really looking forward to what the future holds.
Shutyertrap and Jeff asked all the right questions.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
I hope GhostBusters will be the original table, cant believe there was never a real life table of that made at the time!

Also isnt Phantom Of The Opera also a Sony property?...if so might tie in with it being the first table of Season 4?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
LAST ACTION HERO!!!!

anything Columbia, TriStar or MGM Would be in play.

So STARGATE, ROBOCOP, FRANKENSTEIN, STARSHIP TROOPERS, GOLDENEYE, JOHNNY NEMONIC could all be options.

GHOSTBUSTERS would seem to be the no brainer Sony original property. That being said UNDERWORLD makes a lot of sense too.

Stargate would be a Gottlieb that might actually be a popular pick.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I hope GhostBusters will be the original table, cant believe there was never a real life table of that made at the time!

Also isnt Phantom Of The Opera also a Sony property?...if so might tie in with it being the first table of Season 4?

No kidding, it drives me crazy that Gottlieb was so cheap that they went ahead and just did a "Bone Busters" instead. lol So lame.

As for POTO, the table isn't based on the movie.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

No kidding, it drives me crazy that Gottlieb was so cheap that they went ahead and just did a "Bone Busters" instead. lol So lame.

Yeah, Ghostbusters stood out to me as probably the largest license that would still get a lot of fanfare today. So hoping that would be their first original. Only other franchise I saw that stood out and might be a good one would be Men in Black. While the series isn't as popular as it once was I can see it being a pretty fun original table. But as much as I would love hearing the Danny Elfman music on a table it would be cool to hear the Ecto 1 siren go off and the Ghostbusters theme song playing in attract mode.

Here's a list of all Columbia picture releases if you want to go through it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Columbia_Pictures_films

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.