Cactus Canyon and Central Park screenshots

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Sure, why not. Not ios but android version is pretty close anyway...

95sbuu.jpg

The pistol grip has not the correct possision. Look the flyer Picture.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4445&picno=4155&zoom=1

I hope its better on Xbox 360

night

May 18, 2012
The grips are missing a screw as well.
And why are the ramps made of chrome, and not transparent plastic.....like the original? (referring to the flyer). This IS a table still in production? Is it?

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
OMG theyre missing the screw! Thats it im not buying it! :) I think the viewing angle is different, its an optical illusion like transparent chrome. :)

night

May 18, 2012
OMG theyre missing the screw! Thats it im not buying it! :) I think the viewing angle is different, its an optical illusion like transparent chrome. :)

Hey, don't make fun of the screws! But the chrome, that should be plastic. Transsssssparent.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
And why are the ramps made of chrome, and not transparent plastic.....like the original? (referring to the flyer). This IS a table still in production? Is it?

You can see through the ramps. Since when can you see through chrome?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The guns are in the correct position...the screenshot above is not showing the whole apron...you can see the slots for the instruction cards below the bottom of the grip, just as in the flyer.

The screws may have been taken out to reduce polygon count for the mobile devices. The ramps are probably opaque for the same overdraw performance reason why No Good Gofers' ramps are opaque instead of transparent. Whether that reason is valid or not is the subject of some controversy.

Cactus Canyon is not only not in production, but its production was stopped early to make way for the Pinball 2000 machines. There were only 903 machines made, and the software was never completely finished. (Although there is an unofficial project to finish it and add new modes/rules.)

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Roy Wils playing the beta of Cactus and CP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oscj9nKR-g

I know CP is a favourite for some people, but I have no idea why. It's a terrible drain monster, even by the standards of EMs. Just my opinion, but these House-Ball fiends gave pinball a bad reputation. They made the game about luck, rather than skill.

Other than nostalgia value, I can't imagine playing CP for more than a few minutes. Even the theme is lame. It's doesn't even have some retro-kitsch Mad Men kind of value to it.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I know CP is a favourite for some people, but I have no idea why. It's a terrible drain monster, even by the standards of EMs. Just my opinion, but these House-Ball fiends gave pinball a bad reputation. They made the game about luck, rather than skill.
I know that, as a kid anyway, this was part of the reason I shied away from pinball in arcades. I had a table at home (Strat-o-Flite) and one at my grandmother's (Mystic Marvel) and loved playing those. But in the arcade? No way.

Tabe

angrytilter

Jan 20, 2013
Big hands, and a small phone. Landscape feels more natural, like a controller. Plus, I normally text and surf in landscape, because the keyboard is too small.

Edit: I just noticed... what's with the green and yellow lines around the center drain of Central Park? They look like they were drawn in mspaint.

gxcOEjX.png

Oxl2SYS.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts