Challenge Mode Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah we are still tweaking the point algorithms =) trying to get it just right. Ah the leaderboard thing is a bug, we didn't want people to have to play after 100

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Usually drain at 100 points but had a great game on a table I had gotten the 1K hof points on while offline :)

stephen007

Feb 20, 2014
I may be late to the game as Challenge Mode has been released now (on iOS) but man is it hard. I can reasonably "comfortably" get Pinball Wizard on the old Wii Williams collection's challenge mode. On iOS I'm only getting Pinball Lizard level (15-30). [shrug] Maybe that's by design to make it more challenging. Or maybe I'm not as good as I think I am :-D

pmonline111

Mar 2, 2013
App crash

I rarely play on my phone... Mostly play on tablet. (Android galaxy tab 2 10.1) It doesn't happen often... But app just crashed while in Harley Davidson table during Challenge mode (I was doing pretty good).
Just annoyed I guess.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Challenge mode made me play on my Android device again, as it's not yet available on Steam. Actually a very fun mode. Improvement would be to have some leaderboard functionality including comparison with friends.

A way to diversify would be to put the tables into a random order each time you start a challenge.

Last edited:

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I've been playing it, and I think it's fun, but it's not without problems. A number of times, I have hit start from to try again, and the pinball doesn't start. It just sits there and you cannot shoot the ball. You can reset, but it loses a chance of the three. This has been on Arabian Knights and Funhouse. I have also scored my highest scores ever on some tables, including finally scoring the billion shot in Bride of Pinbot and 66M on Arabian Knights, and it saddens me that it doesn't save the scores to the regular place as proof I did those scores. (I play mainly on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running 4.2.2 JB, for debug purposes.) The furthest I have gotten on the Williams challenge is Funhouse, which I still say isn't emulated correctly. On the real table, which I knew well, the ball didn't go so fast round the top to the side flipper, and it wasn't nearly so hard to hit Rudy or the trap door.

And I agree with Xanija, randomizing the tables would help make the challenges better.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Tried the new challenge mode on the LoD beta, and I like the standardization of "Continue" vs. "Load" and the "Next Up" instead of zeroes on the table we haven't played.

Unfortunately, at least on my Galaxy Tab 7 2.0 running Android 4.2.2, the Williams challenge now crashes instead of moving from Arabian Knights to MM.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Challenge mode made me play on my Android device again, as it's not yet available on Steam. Actually a very fun mode. Improvement would be to have some leaderboard functionality including comparison with friends.

A way to diversify would be to put the tables into a random order each time you start a challenge.

Really good ideas here it is everything I was going to basically post.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
I figured out why the mode was crashing. Turns out if "There is an improved version of this table available" and you try to select it in Challenge Mode, it breaks the program. Once I went to MM and got the new version, the Williams challenge mode worked fine. And just as a suggestion, I made it through the Stern challenge completely, so since it's the easiest one, that one might wanna be on the top to order it from easiest to hardest.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Not having enough points to continue with a challenge gives 2 buttons: "Save and exit" and "Try again":

chvH6km.png

Having enough points but enough credits to try again for a better score gives these two buttons: "Try again" and "Continue". There is no option to save the challenge at the current state. So if I don't have more time to play another game, I am forced to "Continue", although I might want to improve the score at a later time:

keMjX3D.jpg

(Sorry for german screenshots, but I'm sure you can work it out)

Last edited:

Martin Rusby

Nov 6, 2012
I have just played this for the first time today and have a bug. Playing season 1 challenge and after completing the theatre of magic challenge the game crashes when i try to start black hole.Happened twice in a row now

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I have just played this for the first time today and have a bug. Playing season 1 challenge and after completing the theatre of magic challenge the game crashes when i try to start black hole.Happened twice in a row now

In normal play mode (not challenge) - start Black Hole table, you'll probably find an improved version is ready to download.
This is most likely what's causing the crash.
Run through all your tables to make sure all are up to date.

Also you have to own the tables in the challenge to play them.

If not either of them - I don't know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts