DLC Pack 6?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
When opportunities present themselves, you make adjustments accordingly to take full advantage of them. That said, you're all going to love DLC Tables Pack #6! :)
This means it's a table they don't already have licensed (which rules out AFM, DD, WW, TZ, and even Getaway, unless ZZ Top said "we'll give you the rights to La Grange, but only if you sign right now!"). So, it's either a license they haven't officially announced yet, or it's a table from a manufacturer they haven't acquired. I'm guessing the former, since I doubt they'd want to mess around with new hardware just for one table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Im confused. What license issue would there be with ATTACK FROM MARS?

There wouldn't be but for some reason most people think it is based on the movie Mars Attacks. There is even a large contention of so called diehard pinball fans that refer to the table as mars attacks.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Here's my newest theory.....Jay Obernolte comes out and does a dead on Alec Baldwin impression and announces The Shadow. What do you think? Ok, I'll go back to the drawing board.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I always wondered if it was a licensed product and when the movie bombed they removed the licensed images.
That's highly unlikely, since it takes at least a year to go from idea to finished product, and AFM came out in 1995, one year before Mars Attacks.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I always wondered if it was a licensed product and when the movie bombed they removed the licensed images.

The people who made the table claim the timing with the Mars Attacks movie was coincidental.

The reason the visual style looks so similar is probably common inspiration: Mars Attacks! was based on the campy 1960s Topps bubblegum cards by that name, and Attack from Mars probably took unlicensed inspiration from the same.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Anyway, if a video announcement by a starring friend is involved, I'd say that increases the probability of it being an Elvira table over anything else. Seems like the kind of thing she'd do as a matter of course.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
well that certainly would be awesome... elvira is cool, and scared stiff is even better (havent played party monsters sadly :()

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Process of elimination. Of all the sentient beings who have ever starred in a pinball machine, who is (a) still alive and (b) most fond of appearing on video? Cassandra Peterson.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I am certainly hoping for the Queen of Halloween. I have been having a hard time tracking down the Scared Stiff machine that's floatin' around town.

I needs me some Elvira! Go Terrors! (Elvira would know what I'm talkin' about)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Getaway would be a dream come true for me. Scared stiff would be an awesome. Table though and my poor laptop can't handle when I hit the jackpots in vp.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Some of you guys crack me up with your speculation!

That being said, when I read it, I immediately thought Elvira. It just makes sense, and hasn't the rumor of SS coming for october been floating around since forever?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Elvira might be in California for the usual Knotts Berry Farm show she does each October , my impression was she lived in Colorado when not working , that information is old though and not confirmed , I agree though Cassandra loves to get paid to promote her image , so this would be a prestige for her.

Her last game was a text based game in 1990 released in the UK

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Elvira might be in California for the usual Knotts Berry Farm show she does each October , my impression was she lived in Colorado when not working.
That would make sense. My father worked with her father when I lived there back in the 1980s. Strangely enough, my dad's boss, Jim McVeigh, also had a son that would one day become far more famous than Cassandra ever was, but for something no father would ever want their son to do.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
^ That's flippin' spooky man.

I grew up in Colo Spgs as well. Ms. Peterson and I attended the same high school. (Go Terrors!) Not at the same time, however. I graduated in '67.

Members online

Members online