DLC Release Date

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
don't hate on the first xbox ;)

i enjoy my original xbox (got roughly 70 games for it)...almost as much as my 360...but so far neither of the next generation consoles have piqued my interest...i prefer the 360 controller but don't like the always online art...nor paying a "fee for playing used games"...so i may not go next gen at all...d.m.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
They actaully feel really sorry for you guys. "Once the Xbox situation is rectified, we will be offering discount packs to get you all of the great tables we've released over these past several months."

This was from the latest newsletter. "We are getting closer to a solution," they said.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i'm sure we'll get them sooner or later...if they really wanna make me happy they'll make a retail disc...i'd be more than happy to pay for it...but ONLY if we get the space carpet from the pinball hall of fame release...lol...d.m.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
*apologies if this is not suppose to be known to us*
Okay, so I had bookmarked the site that had the calendar of all the court hearings of the place where the case is being handled, and today they released the schedule for Wednesday. See the very bottom of the page: http://www.nynb.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Calendar/a-wednesday.pdf

I don't think that motion had anything to do with the Crave side of the business. The attorney that is listed as filing the motion is "trustee" which means that an attorney representing the bankruptcy court filed the motion as Fillpoint against The Price Pros. Fillpoint's main business was as an online fulfillment house. The Price Pros are an online retailer. I'm assuming that The Price Pros and Fillpoint had some business dealings that are being worked out.

Dealing with a bankruptcy court is just plain strange. Basically the Fillpoint's creditors now own all the company with the court acting as the trustee. Crave's contract with FarSight could be worked out on Wednesday. Or it could be 6 months from now. It seems to me that FarSight should have been able to get out of their contract with Crave based on Crave's breech of contract by not publishing tables to Xbox. Perhaps FarSight can't afford the litigation that course of action would require. Or maybe Xbox wouldn't accept the breech of contract between the two parties without a court order. That's assuming that Microsoft assumes some kind of liability if it allowed someone else to publish for Crave. I don't know enough about publishing contract law to have an opinion on that aspect of the case.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I most definitely will be jumping ship from MS this time around. Not sure if I'll pick up a PS4 (weird, i've been a huge sony hater since dumping my PS1 for an N64) but the PS3 was a nice piece of hardware and both consoles had a lot to offer this time around.

I just don't like the Kinect always on crap. That's just creepy. The used game market is huge for me, so MS will no longer get my dollar. Goodbye XBOX,

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I most definitely will be jumping ship from MS this time around. Not sure if I'll pick up a PS4 (weird, i've been a huge sony hater since dumping my PS1 for an N64) but the PS3 was a nice piece of hardware and both consoles had a lot to offer this time around.

I just don't like the Kinect always on crap. That's just creepy. The used game market is huge for me, so MS will no longer get my dollar. Goodbye XBOX,

Agreed.

And I've been talking this way for about 6 months now. We've known this crap forever. Never doubt trusted rumors. Xbone anouncement was such a bust there's not even a thread about it here.

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
I don't think that motion had anything to do with the Crave side of the business. The attorney that is listed as filing the motion is "trustee" which means that an attorney representing the bankruptcy court filed the motion as Fillpoint against The Price Pros. Fillpoint's main business was as an online fulfillment house. The Price Pros are an online retailer. I'm assuming that The Price Pros and Fillpoint had some business dealings that are being worked out.

Dealing with a bankruptcy court is just plain strange. Basically the Fillpoint's creditors now own all the company with the court acting as the trustee. Crave's contract with FarSight could be worked out on Wednesday. Or it could be 6 months from now. It seems to me that FarSight should have been able to get out of their contract with Crave based on Crave's breech of contract by not publishing tables to Xbox. Perhaps FarSight can't afford the litigation that course of action would require. Or maybe Xbox wouldn't accept the breech of contract between the two parties without a court order. That's assuming that Microsoft assumes some kind of liability if it allowed someone else to publish for Crave. I don't know enough about publishing contract law to have an opinion on that aspect of the case.

Well I only posted it as it was Fillpoint and their bankruptcy case was the lead case. I thought this meant that this was something that was delaying the whole process and the court finally decided they've waited long enough. I'm not a lawyer and not really big on law, so I really didn't know if this had any impact.

Crunchewy

May 29, 2013
What will you do when it turns out the PS4 has the same kind of profit-from-used scheme? It's not like Sony had a problem with online passes, which were a starter form of that. Maybe the end result will be lower prices for games at release, since they can profit from used sales too. If it doesn't result in lower prices then it sucks, but if we end up paying less for games I'm OK with it. Besides, here we are fans of TPA. That has no used sales either.

But back to TPA, I'm jumping ship to PS3 because of the endless publishing troubles. I'd rather stick with the Xbox version, but it's starting to feel hopeless. There's the season one pack which helps. I wish they had the season 2 season pass thing they are doing on iOS. Not sure why they aren't bringing that to PS3.

karl

May 10, 2012
The only reason my 360 still has a spot in my living room is because of TPA. I'm seriously thinking about moving it to the attic. No hard feelings at all and this is not angry me talking :), I will probably run up and get it if the situation takes a left turn but for now I will be watching PS 4 news and thinking about that version. At least I know the PS 4 is still 6-7 months away so no disappointment happening soon there. My PC is still sitting tight and ready for action though

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I had a nasty gut feeling about the current gen a few months ago and decided to spend the money on a gaming pc instead (with the hope that the game would be greenlit), since the Xbox One announcement (and greenlight announcement... and zen pinball on the pc) I've never been so happy to trust my instincts.

I mean, if the PS4 rumours are to be believed, maybe it's a good idea for people to invest in gaming PCs to stick in their living room instead of getting a conventional console.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The answers will be revealed in just over a week and a half...

But what's with the "paid for used"? PC gaming has no used games anymore - you can't sell your PC games and never could for a long time. At least without a serious amount of Steam fun (creating a new account for each game), at which point Valve could easily ban you as that's against the TOS for Steam. At least the consoles still make it an option. And most PC games are the same price as console titles now, so really...

At best, you can have a bunch of DRM-free indie games that you can pirate and sell copies of, but really, you shouldn't be doing that.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
But what's with the "paid for used"? PC gaming has no used games anymore - you can't sell your PC games and never could for a long time. At least without a serious amount of Steam fun (creating a new account for each game), at which point Valve could easily ban you as that's against the TOS for Steam. At least the consoles still make it an option. And most PC games are the same price as console titles now, so really...

No idea where you've been ordering games from, but new PC games are usually sold between £20-£28 as opposed to console games which will retail about ten pounds more per game, yes there are exceptions to the rule like Call of Duty, but Call of Duty is unreasonably priced no matter what format you get it in. If the next generation reduces the prices of games then fair enough, but given the rising costs of developing games, it's not like developers are going to say it's alright to sell games £10 less than they used to.

But the big difference between PC gaming and console gaming is the sales and libraries of games. You know those games you bought back in 2003? yep, you can still play those on PC and will probably be able to play those in 10 years time, whereas you'd need your original console to play most console games given the lack of cross compatibility. What's more, different retailers will sell games with steam keys so it's not even as if Steam holds the monopoly on games, for example I got Hitman Absolution the other month through the Square Enix site for about £5 which came with a steam key. Plus the prices of older games are usually fair (and get fairer still with Steam sales) and don't just stay at £30-50 forever like so many Xbox games on demand.

Not getting at you personally, but if you want games then it's probably to invest in a gaming PC instead of waiting for the next generation of games consoles / Steam box. The big reason why I don't think the Steam box will take off either? Well, given that the console will be developed by Valve, unless they spend ridiculous sums of money on getting a Microsoft type OS the platform will run from Linux and you only have to browse the steam store through Linux to realise how few games there actually are for it.

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
I know there is growing concern as more time passes that nothing will ever be released for the 360, but I don't see it turning out that way. There is (potentially) too much money to be made for them not to make every effort. If the Wii U were in the same place right now, I'd be more likely to believe it would be abandoned since sales have been weak so there is little upside. There are a TON of 360s out there. There is money to be made, so I'm sure they will try to make it.

Not to mention this isn't like last time where the OG Xbox 1 just had average sales and MS quickly pretended it didn't exist once the 360 came out. There is no guarantee that the XBone (or the PS4, for that matter) will fare that much better than the Wii U. Plenty of people will be playing their 360s for years to come...probably including me, since I'm pretty turned off by what new stuff I've seen from everyone so far.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
If the Wii U were in the same place right now, I'd be more likely to believe it would be abandoned since sales have been weak so there is little upside. There are a TON of 360s out there. There is money to be made, so I'm sure they will try to make it.
You don't seem to understand how this works.

The Wii U is a new console, with all its life ahead of it, with a user base thirsty for new games. The Pinball Arcade fits in very nicely, that's why Zen Studio is developing for it.

The Xbox 360 is an old console, with its successor (deprived of backward compatibility) right around the corner and doubts about whether or not the 360 live functions will be kept alive eventually. It also has tons of other games now at a very, very cheap price. The market just isn't there any more, people have moved on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts