DLC Schedule For The Next Six Months

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Uh, except he edited the post the day the DLC was announced. He had Harley/Taxi for May before FS announced CV/FH. Certainly did not predict them.

If you go back and read my first post, I stated that CV/FH were already confirmed by FarSight. I never took credit for predicting those tables anywhere in this thread.

...and my edit to that post was to add "3rd Edition" next to Harley Davidson.

Last edited:

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
If you go back and read my first post, I stated that CV/FH were already confirmed by FarSight. I never took credit for predicting those tables anywhere in this thread.

...and my edit to that post was to add "3rd Edition" next to Harley Davidson.

Didn't say you personally claimed to, just that Richard posted in two separate threads stating so. No offense to you. Monster Bash in June would be great as well.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Didn't say you personally claimed to, just that Richard posted in two separate threads stating so. No offense to you. Monster Bash in June would be great as well.

No problem... :) Also, just to be clear, I never had Harley/Taxi in the May/June slot since FarSight had already announced CV/FH for that time frame.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I am now 1-0...let's see what my record is after the Oct/Nov announcement. :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What's coming for Nov/Dec?

Also, all the packs have a theme, or at least some sort of connection (however tenuous, particularly BK and CFTBL), but what is the connection between Dr. Dude and Pin*Bot?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
medieval/bride didnt really share one either

November is TZ, December is STTNG hopefully.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
medieval/bride didnt really share one either

That's right, now that you mentioned it. It's also strange they made Bride, since they seem to be using the ipdb top rankings to determine which tables to tackle next, and Bride is pretty far down on the list.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That's right, now that you mentioned it. It's also strange they made Bride, since they seem to be using the ipdb top rankings to determine which tables to tackle next, and Bride is pretty far down on the list.

They probably want to save some of the most popular tables for later and spread them out a bit.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Bride is also still a pretty fantastic (and unique) table. From a technical standpoint, it uses the exact same hardware configuration as Funhouse (WPC board set and alphanumeric displays). Very glad they made it personally.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bride is also still a pretty fantastic (and unique) table. From a technical standpoint, it uses the exact same hardware configuration as Funhouse (WPC board set and alphanumeric displays). Very glad they made it personally.

Agreed. I love Bride.

N

Nik Barbour

My 2 current favourite TPA tables at the minute.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Bride is notorious for having a shallow rule set. Should have called it "Shoot the Shuttle Ramp." The presentation is pretty good, though, and it's relative ease makes it a good table to have in your rotation.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
BK and Creature? Legendary figures?

Dr Dude and PIN*BOT, sci-fi.

Just a guess.
Nope, the connection between BK and CFTBL is that they both have the word "Black" in their titles. Dr. Dude isn't sci-fi - it's what would happen if Bill and Ted got a medical degree. They probably just paired them up to confuse us.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Looking at that rating system, it is really confusing. TZ is on top with 8.4, while positions 2-5 all have the same score, 8.3. What's strange is that normal procedure for ties is to rank the one with the most votes first, but this seems to be reversed, so the fewer votes, the higher the rank, but then you see TAF lose ground to STTNG, the latter of which had more votes.
It further breaks the rating down into four categories, Audio, Playfield, Art, Fun. The sum total of those don't necessarily add up to a higher position either. Still, while the specific postions shift around, the top 20 seem to be more or less stable.
Pinside's list uses three decimal places, so there are far fewer ties. It does suffer from the new Stern syndrome, but that gets corrected in time.
I'm sure these rankings also suffer from fanboys rating their favorite machines high, and competing machines ridiculously low, or those who give high ratings to low ranked machines, and the reciprocal, just to screw with the ratings. We have some of that here, with our polls.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts