Doctor Who Kickstarter

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Crikey!
I was sure I was going to save 100$ now that it has gotten funded, but 2 pro passes plus the TAF gold might just....

Gah! Advice, should I donate? Plus it goes to the next kickstarter - if I buy the season pass the regular way it wont; something to think about.

Yeah, that was part of my thinking - of course, once you're that deep you may as well go for TAFG, then it's only a dollar more to get Gold backer status...

Just noticed that Doctor Who News has another story up now it's funded: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/02/doctor-who-digital-pinball-table-fully.html

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I am guessing the Doctor Who Regeneration table will be a stand along game like Ghostbusters and not part of Season 6 since it is not a REAL pinball table but has Farsight confirmed this?

Why would they make it as a separate app? Is there a real concern about keeping the sanctity of TPA over this?

For me I want convenience. Make an option in the Who menu to turn it on/off like TAF. I don't want a separate app just to play the table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Mike said in the podcast (which should be downloadable in the next few hours) DW:R will be in the app, while Ghostbusters won't ever. It will toggle, if I recall correctly, like TAFG does.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Why would they make it as a separate app? Is there a real concern about keeping the sanctity of TPA over this?

For me I want convenience. Make an option in the Who menu to turn it on/off like TAF. I don't want a separate app just to play the table.

Because Pinball Arcade is about simulators of real pinball tables, the regeneration table is not a real life table. I assumed it was why they did not release Ghostbusters as a monthly table but a stand alone.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
TAFG?! What is with you nerds why can't you just type out the name instead of always using your geek code? I have never met a group of people that use this much code since Scientologists.

invitro

May 4, 2012
TAFG?! What is with you nerds why can't you just type out the name instead of always using your geek code? I have never met a group of people that use this much code since Scientologists.

Do you seriously not know what TAFG is, especially since it's been mentioned in this thread, and probably spelt out word by word?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Because Pinball Arcade is about simulators of real pinball tables, the regeneration table is not a real life table. I assumed it was why they did not release Ghostbusters as a monthly table but a stand alone.

+1 RL :p

Seriously, only real world tables in TPA please. I want everyone who wants it to have access, but same as Ghostbusters it does not belong.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
Code? You mean an acronym? FYI, people do use acronyms, especially for groups or for commonly said phrases.

Teasing information aside, I can't wait to get my hands on this table. It looks rather fun.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m the type you know ( lights on ,nobody home ) type,acronyms or no acronyms who bloody cares,we got Doctor Who over the line.in my eyes that`s all that matters !!! next table please,thank you all !!! :cool:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

+1 RL :p

Seriously, only real world tables in TPA please. I want everyone who wants it to have access, but same as Ghostbusters it does not belong.

You're right!

We need to teach them a lesson of what can and can not go in their own game! They set up a mission statement and can not deviate from that one iota. Yeah they set up their own rules but still!

I say we all hold our breath until they relent on this point. Who's with me!

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Acronyms are established there are what 70 tables it gets impossible to remember them all. It's alienating, which is why some people do it. People complain about Farsight milking the same loyal customers with the kickstarters but then when new people find the forum they have no idea what you are talking about. Everything uses acronyms but when it gets to the point of 70 different acronyms it's just an obnoxious way of being cliquish.

There are so many acronyms they overlap you have to actually ask is "SS" Space Shuttle or Scared Stiff, is "WW" Whitewater or Whirlwind? Do you all work at the post office, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I can see what you mean Rich. I will be sure there can be no confusion if I use an acronym. I for one hope all feel as welcomed on this forum as you all have made me feel

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'm glad the KS got funded, but does anyone know why the season passes are ONLY for the teacher's favourites Steam, Android, iOS? I'd have chipped in if I could get a Season 6 pass for PS3/VITA and one for PS4, since that is what I play, but alas. Is that some Sony PSN store rule/technicality?

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
FYI: FYI is not an acronym. And that is the problem, what is used here is a mix of abbreviations, acronyms and initialism so then it just becomes code that one has to memorize to be part of the clique.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Actually, White Water is usually referred to as "WH2O".

Pinball abbreviations: http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=abbrev

According to your list White Water is under WW. And who can't type just type White Water in under 2 seconds? Are you all doing this with your thumbs while jogging? If you have already made reference to the table in the post or the thread has it in the title, I get it but otherwise it is just code to be cliquish.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.