DX11 Public Beta Bugs

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Why would I set my monitor to 60Hz ? It was working on 144Hz before with Dx9. That's ridiculous.
Should be fixed if it pretends to be called "Beta"

DX9 is locked to 60 FPS. :)
So you never have more than 60 fps on DX9.

Last edited:

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I have a problem with Dx11 version: the ball is running more than 2 times faster compared to Dx9. Therefore it is impossible to play properly. I don't know if it's something to do with frequency of the monitor but it shouldn't. In this state, to me it is an alpha, not a beta

Honest to god, some people on this forum won't be happy until FarSight starts FedExing them REAL physical pinball tables once a month and all for an annual fee of 99 cents. ...And they'll still moan about the price being too high.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Honest to god, some people on this forum won't be happy until FarSight starts FedExing them REAL physical pinball tables once a month and all for an annual fee of 99 cents. ...And they'll still moan about the price being too high.

please dont' paint us all with his brush.
Theres *****in ...and then there's Trollin.
and Ash my friend, me thinks there be Trolls about! :p

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

This isn't needed.

Back on topic. Keep this thread to bug posting only please.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
AfM: large Martian decals at the far left and right (vertical middle) briefly corrupt with certain lighting changes. Seems to be when their own general illumination bulbs change level, readily seen during gameplay.

Black Knight

Jul 23, 2013
Scared Stiff stops playing music after a while. Not sure exactly what causes the problem but it happens consistently once you play a game long enough.
Also, if you hit a previously selected item on the wheel, nothing happens and the ball is ejected. I forget if that's what happens normally.

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
Using buttons up/down/left/right in main table menu crashes the game.Also some tables running slower than others.Big majority of the tables runs for me in 60 fps but on some having slowdowns.Example White Water runs slowly but AFM,TAF,etc runs smooth in 60 frames.

Gardhul

Aug 5, 2013
Please can anyone help me? I have a very weird issue: the game runs at 60 fps only if the game window is visible but WITHOUT focus. When the window is FOCUSED (or in full screen with alt-enter) the game is unplayable (about 15-20 fps). Obviously when the game is not in focus it does not receive any input, so I can see it runs smooth as hell without being able to interact with it...
I'm using an EVGA GTX 770 4GB wiht the latest Drivers 350.12 WHQL; previously I was using the 344.11 with the same issue. So I don't think is a driver problem. The new drivers have been installed by removing the previous one with Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode. So no driver conflict should be there.

EDIT: in DX9 using beta, the FPS are about 50, but the game is terribly slow even there... with official release it was ok...

Thank you for any help...

Last edited:

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
I found a bug :

I got the Addams Family table by participating in the kickstarter. The table appears as bought when I launch the normal PA version, but not in the DX11 version (it's asking me to buy it again).

The same thing happened to me. Turns out you aren't automatically logged in to the DX11 version. Log in from the main PA screen and the table shows up as purchased again.

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
Scared Stiff stops playing music after a while. Not sure exactly what causes the problem but it happens consistently once you play a game long enough.

yep i can confirm this
never happend with dx9 before

jack bot:
in my 1st game i played this table
the ball flew out of the table
immediately after the visor beginns to open
i hit the middel with full force (between the holes) and the ball flew out of the table

(this should be impossible because u have glass on top.....)
seems pa does not emulate the glass correctly...
meaning if the ball hits the glass pa does not invole it correctly in there physics engine.....

looks to me that ALL tables are emulated without any glass on top.....
u never hit the glass with the ball because there is none....
and if u hit the "none existing glass" with too much power the ball will fly away

i had this problem with flying ball on another table with dx9
but happend only once so i dont remember which table it was

luckily this happens extremely rare

may be emulating (hitting) the glass would make it too complex
and because the glass is invisible in pa nobody would understand why the ball suddenly changes direction after hitting the invisible glass :)

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Bug 1:
Twilight Zone. Ball reflections seems to appear on top of ball. This is the circular reflection of the ball that should appear on the table under the ball.

Portrait / 1080 x 1920.
Lighting: 0% room / 100% lights
Cradle ball on flipper.
Change cameras and you will see the reflection moving on top of the ball rather than underneath.

Bug 2:
Ball reflection seems to be missing on a lot of tables. Eg: T2

Suggestion 1:
On Pinbot 0% room is slightly too dark to see ball on my screen, 5% is too bright.

If I use a hex editor to change the lighting.dat for the Pinbot room setting to 1 or 2% it is perfect. If I load up TPA the slider also shows the 1% or 2% so the game can support in between settings.

Can the slider please allow 1% increments/decrements so I can put my Hex editor away? :)

Last edited:

Gardhul

Aug 5, 2013
Ok, I've found the culprit was x360ce joypad emulator, which I use to emulate xbox 360 controller from uHID-G motion controller for nudge... the issue was caused to the fact the controller was not attached a that moment...:p now the game works flawlessly and it's fantastic!

Please can anyone help me? I have a very weird issue: the game runs at 60 fps only if the game window is visible but WITHOUT focus. When the window is FOCUSED (or in full screen with alt-enter) the game is unplayable (about 15-20 fps). Obviously when the game is not in focus it does not receive any input, so I can see it runs smooth as hell without being able to interact with it...
I'm using an EVGA GTX 770 4GB wiht the latest Drivers 350.12 WHQL; previously I was using the 344.11 with the same issue. So I don't think is a driver problem. The new drivers have been installed by removing the previous one with Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode. So no driver conflict should be there.

EDIT: in DX9 using beta, the FPS are about 50, but the game is terribly slow even there... with official release it was ok...

Thank you for any help...

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
So here's a comparison photo of Scared Stiff in low light ones TPA ball and others another from Unit3d.
Justso everyone on the team can see what we mean about the ball being to dark.
I believe TPA's highlights are fixed on the top of the ball if the highlights were full bright hightlights with the room settings being on 0% this would increase ball visibility dramatically and significantly

7T5vTXR.png

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So here's a comparison photo of Scared Stiff in low light ones TPA ball and others another from Unit3d.
Justso everyone on the team can see what we mean about the ball being to dark.
I believe TPA's highlights are fixed on the top of the ball if the highlights were full bright hightlights with the room settings being on 0% this would increase ball visibility dramatically and significantly

7T5vTXR.png

That's so beautiful. I think I'm gonna cry. Please FarSight. Please match this or better.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Don't know if this counts, but still lots of ball collision bugs. eg. on my last long AfM session, balls will go through solid geometry at least a few times (that I notice, maybe a few more I don't :)).

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Justso everyone on the team can see what we mean about the ball being too dark.
I believe TPA's highlights are fixed on the top of the ball. if the highlights were full bright highlights with the room settings being on 0% this would increase ball visibility dramatically

You're right, that explains why the balls are unnaturally dark in lower room settings.

I know doing proper 'local' reflections takes GPU performance, but even a global fake reflection (eg. rendered from a single position in the middle of the table) would be better for visibility. Or maybe you could render from a few fixed positions and lerp between them based on ball position? (non-programmers ignore).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.