DX11 Public Beta Bugs

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
* (Cirqus Voltaire) I have no idea what's causing this, but two out of three times in one game, the game would get confused after locking a third ball for Highwire Multiball, causing the game to "start" the multiball, but then immediately forget it started it and not launch any balls out. The first time I had managed to lock the third ball without validating the playfield, in case this is actually a bug with the ROM itself and not the way the table's been digitized.

Just had this happen. after the third ball that should start the multiball for highwire slides into place it seems like the release that should let all 3 balls out doesnt trigger then the game goes thru activating all the switches trying to find the missing balls.
Eventually it release but the mode gets all messed up cuz its not showing as multiball at that point.

Cuddlebuddie928

Feb 16, 2013
Why would I set my monitor to 60Hz ? It was working on 144Hz before with Dx9. That's ridiculous.
Should be fixed if it pretends to be called "Beta"

You don't need to set your monitor to 60Hz, but you probably need to become more familiar with your GPU's control panel. For Nvidia cards, a setting called "preferred refresh rate" can cause the game's refresh rate settings to be ignored in some cases; for PBA in DX11, it needs to be set to "application-controlled." You will also have to play full-screen (ALT+Enter). I'm not sure what settings you will need to tweak if you are an ATI owner because I haven't owned one of those in years.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Just had this happen. after the third ball that should start the multiball for highwire slides into place it seems like the release that should let all 3 balls out doesnt trigger then the game goes thru activating all the switches trying to find the missing balls.
Eventually it release but the mode gets all messed up cuz its not showing as multiball at that point.

Yep here too, happens all the time. Usually when it finally releases the locked balls after a ball-search, you can then lock just a single ball and it tries to start highwire multi all over again. This can happen several times in a row (you never get the marvel), then at some point it actually does a proper multiball and things work again.

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
BTW speaking of Scared Stiff, there's a long running gfx bug on the feature backlights, most noticable on Stiff in the Coffin (see Fungi's screenshot above) - when its bulb is off, the text outline is white, when it's on the outline disappears. I guess this might be deliberate to make the text readable, but it looks broken. I noticed this on the iPhone version already, but on DX11 it definitely isn't good.

Last edited:

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
Is anyone else crashing/freezing after adjusting sound options?

I end up having to turn the volume up and down in the DX 9 version to change the DX11 version.

Sorry if this has been brought up, dont have time to browse the thread too thoroughly.

Arcade

Apr 21, 2015
Also noticed on Scared Stiff that after starting the stiff in the coffin I never get the quote "Watch this...I'll get him up" after she says "What are you, dead or something".
I don't think I have ever played a machine that skipped this quote.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Also noticed on Scared Stiff that after starting the stiff in the coffin I never get the quote "Watch this...I'll get him up" after she says "What are you, dead or something".
I don't think I have ever played a machine that skipped this quote.

Because Family Mode in the ROM.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
[MENTION=5355]Arcade[/MENTION]
In case you have the Pro version of Scared Stiff, then you can turn off family mode in the
Pro Menu -> Operator Mode: ON -> Open Coin Door.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
You know what would be cool?

...adding balls that have their own lighting as a pack, in different colors. Glowing balls, in other words - that have a slight/small light reflection on the surrounding objects. They would have no table reflection ability - so perhaps a positive tradeoff in processing power requirements.

...also, ball trail options for those.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
+1 for ball reflections. Fake or not.
I would make this a top priority before final release.

R

Rhandos

I think I'm the only one who is happy with the current ball reflections. They look awesome on maximum. When I set the room brightness to 0% I don't expect the ball to turn into a christmas light.

Any glowing or high visibility balls should be optional ball skins, not default, IMHO.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
10:16 (1200x1920) cameras are still wonky on DX11. I took screenshots to help see the issue.

DX9 / DX11

slWk6gil.jpg
XmikvUcl.jpg

The right side image being the DX11 and as you can see the camera is lower than on the DX9 version and hides more of the top and also almost all of the flippers.

edit: Forgot to mention this is using Camera #3. The others have more or less the same issues though.

Last edited:

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
Having some resolution errors using 1024x1280 (portrait) back buffers in dx11. In dx9 my screen fills the entire screen and my playfield/flippers are fully shown normally.

Dx11 Screenshots:

Fonts are too large
UDBsVtOm.jpg

SQYbJjbm.jpg

Flippers (and plunger) are hidden away
gogKNTIm.jpg

Game menu's fonts are too large, covering some options
X8YDMwsm.jpg

Thanks for the support!

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
[MENTION=5355]Arcade[/MENTION]
In case you have the Pro version of Scared Stiff, then you can turn off family mode in the
Pro Menu -> Operator Mode: ON -> Open Coin Door.

Still find it silly you need pro version to turn off family mode, can't the game just ask for age and turn it off if adult? That would be much better and more fair :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
10:16 (1200x1920) cameras are still wonky on DX11. I took screenshots to help see the issue.

DX9 / DX11

The right side image being the DX11 and as you can see the camera is lower than on the DX9 version and hides more of the top and also almost all of the flippers.

edit: Forgot to mention this is using Camera #3. The others have more or less the same issues though.

I was doing some tests and it appears reguardless of backbuffer the game is fixed at 9:16 ratio at this time.
to be able to play at 10:16 just set your backbuffer to 1080 x 1920 and it will fix just leave 100pixel letter boxed but you won't have the bottom and top cut off.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Having some resolution errors using 1024x1280 (portrait) back buffers in dx11. In dx9 my screen fills the entire screen and my playfield/flippers are fully shown normally.

Thanks for the support!

try setting your backbuffer to 720x1280 and see if it letterbox's but gives everything their proper aspect ratio

Gemini

Apr 20, 2015
Found a really hard to notice bug with the new JackBot table's ROM emulation on DX11 (untested on DX9). Specifically, every once in awhile the music sections loop when they're not supposed to. Basically, you'll hear a portion of music loop over and over again as opposed to moving on to the rest of the tune. It's difficult to notice because the music pieces on this table link into each other extremely well, so even when it's unnaturally looping it sounds like it MIGHT be correct... but isn't. Doesn't seem to happen in any consistent manner either.

Best way to notice the music problem is immediately after going for a skill shot. The lead sax should start playing after about 9 seconds. If it doesn't, it's not looping properly. :p

Also, the ball will phase through the left ramp if it gets stuck behind it, even though the real machine is designed to be able to handle this scenario and let the ball out.

Other than that, the table's playing really well. You may want to add a note in the instructions though as to which button to press to use the "Extra Ball" button, since pressing it to "cheat" is essential in playing this pin, but the instructions don't say which button actually does it. (For those who can't figure it out, it's the second right flipper button, whatever you have that assigned to on your keyboard or controller. ;)

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Ball: Somethings up with either ball reflections or the shadow.
When traveling over table that has a 'shadow effect' it got a slight halo following it.
Shadow lingers when ball disappears, mentioned before. Sometimes the shadow gets stuck as the
ball continues.

Shadow effect: Tricky thing trying to get tables darker without affecting other parts. it is noticeable because the balls reflection gets muted when passing under these darker areas; and I don't mean because there is less light to reflect but because a filter effect is applied and the ball goes all dull.
Haven't really seen that on Season 4 tables, maybe because they where done with PS4 lighting effect in mind.

Cirqus V.
Fog effect on ball when passing over 'boom balloon'

Class of 1812:
Room Brightness:10
Bulb Brightness:50
Nice :)
Brighter numerics on the backglass please?

Creature from the Black Lagoon:
Room Brightness:15
Bulb Brightness:100
With these settings and my monitor popping it looks very nice; but yeah, a bit dark.
Brighter backglass and DMD!

Cue Ball Wizard:
Room Brightness:20
Shadow effect is only contained by raising Room Brightness.
Looks nice; brighter DMD on the backglass please; sounding like a broken record, heh ;)

Cyclone:
Room Brightness:15
Bulb Brightness:70
No complaints here. The numerics are bright and shiny too!

Diner
Bulb Brightness:60
Works for me.
The ability to set both Room and Bulb brightness makes it allot easier adjusting tables to your monitor and the tables light.

Dr.Dude:
Looks nice.
The reason why I seldom have 0 in Room Brightness is because it looks strange, the shadow effect gets a bit too much on many tables and the Ball really need a polish to glitter a bit in these shadowy areas :)

Earth Shaker:
Room Brightness:0-5
Bulb Brightness:55
Numeric display is covering the Scoring Board - http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...804/ECDF3CEB081E246616320C9A33E92D4838722F2F/

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts