Flight 2000 & Goin' Nuts

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Maybe tomorrow since they usually send two packs to Sony for approval and then release on consecutive weeks.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
doesnt matter im not buying it anyways..

no trophies no buy
Why wouldn't there be trophies?
AFAIK Sony wouldn't even allow that to happen.

PSN Blog just posted this would be released tonight:
Pro Table Pack 15 (Cross-Buy) ($7.99)
Table Pack 15 Pro Upgrade (Cross-Buy) ($3.99)
Table Pack 15: Champion Pub And Whirlwind (Cross-Buy) ($4.99)

Wasn't that released on 9/3?

EDIT:

Just read the comment about them using up all of their trophies?
This can't be right as many other games have over 100 trophies.

I wish I had known this. I probably wouldn't have bought the Season Two pass. The only reason I was buying TPA on the PS3 was for trophies, otherwise I would have picked a platform which had proper bug fixes and releases where we didn't have to wait 3-4 months for.

This will definitely hurt their sales unfortunately. I think they underestimate how many people buy DLC for trophy boosting.

Oh and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception has 105, and it's not the lack of trophies that stopped them from creating more DLC either.

If they can't add any trophies for Season 3 tables I am probably going to skip on it.

Last edited:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Lack of trophies = stupid reason to not buy something. Trophies mean nothing and in this games case they don't add anything to the game in terms of replay value. The goals in game are pretty meaningless too since all you get is a no tilt option which sucks all the fun out of pinball IMO.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of trophy support, if that's true. I think the goals are more fun to go after than high scores, which get boring after a while. Many of the Wizard Goals are quite challenging and it's nice to have a trophy to prove that you completed them. Especially when ones in this game are rare.

Trophy limits are more about points than the quantity of trophies, though. While TPA has less trophies than Uncharted 3, it has more points. TPA has 2400 points while U3 is 2190. So perhaps 2400 is the limit for PSN games overall? I don't know of any other game that's come close to 2400 points. Either way, that's kind of dumb on Sony's part, I'm not sure what the point of having a limit on trophy points is.

The same thing happened on iOS, though... they are limited to 100 achievements max, so after Cactus Canyon they haven't had any there either.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Don't you guys remember before this generation? What did we play for? FUN. I have a PS3 and I think those trophy limit rules are screwy, but that's just the way it is. I am still looking to forward packs with or without trophies. There should be a different rule for a program that constantly has DLC scheduled for it, we could (if we had enough of us) storm Sony's doors, but I'll settle for some good clean fun. There were no trophies in the arcade. We played for high scores and replays and getting extra balls. That's the one thing about pinball is that it's rarely the same game twice. Oh well, next week Pack #16 should hit and I'm getting it. Shouldn't season 2 holders have access to it as of yesterday?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Ha, ha, ha! Trophies! Ha, ha, ha! Trophies! Really? Trophies? More fun than actually playing a game if pinball? Really? Trophies? Trophies? Wow. Those gold stars your teacher gives out really have an effect on you, don't they.

Last edited by a moderator:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
If you guys are going to diss trophies you might as well do the same thing to high scores and wizard goals.

I'm sorry you don't get enjoyment from trophies, but the majority of PS3 players do.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, trophies are the ultimate form of high score keeping.

Long after Farsight closes down the PS3 servers your trophies will live on with the PS4, and so on. Some of those wizard goals were tough and I like to keep track of which ones I've completed. I've already lost the game save due to one of Farsight's glitches, but my trophies remain as proof and its good to know glitches and/or updates will never erase trophies.

Weather you like them or not they have become a standard feature on the PS3/Vita and add extra value for players.

That being said, you can say what you want about them being lame, useless, stupid, etc., but there is hard evidence that games and DLC without trophies don't sell as well, as most PS3 gamers DO want them.

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What kind of evidence? I don't disagree that a lot of people see value in trophies but the only way you'll get hard evidence for it is if you did some sort of study. You can't really point to a game's low sales figures and say "That's because it didn't have trophies". it could have been a stinker.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Trophies are fun, and I have tried to platinum the odd game, but I wouldn't miss them, and would never refuse to buy a game that didn't have them. I wouldn't play so much Nintendo if that was the case!

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Don't you guys remember before this generation? What did we play for? FUN. ... There were no trophies in the arcade. We played for high scores and replays and getting extra balls.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy the tables and play them, but we're not playing these in the arcade, we're playing them on PSN, and part of the FUN playing it on that platform for me is earning trophies. So I'm disappointed that future tables won't have trophies. If you guys don't agree, that's fine, but there's no need to make fun of people who like them.

Trophies are nothing more than a feature to show off your accomplishments like leaderboards and no different than seeing your name on the top 5 of a real table. You'd be proud to show that off to other pinball players, wouldn't you? Well, I'm proud to show off some of my trophies to others who like trophies, too. Completing the wizard goals are hard, and not a lot of people have done that.

When I play a real pinball machine, I focus on high scores and the like because that's what you do on a real machine, and that makes more sense when you only have limited plays (since usually you're paying for each play). When I play on PSN with unlimited plays, completing wizard goals are more fun and challenging to me, the scores become too easy on many tables since they've dumbed down some of the physics and the challenge.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I'm glad I'm an old timer because I remember back when games were played merely because they were fun and exciting, and not because they had stuff like 'trophies' and 'achievements,' which add nothing to games. I'm glad I didn't grow up in this generation if people today actually refuse to buy games if they don't have trophies. Nintendo seems to be the only company now that doesn't add such things to their consoles. That's a plus for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.