Flight 2000 & Goin' Nuts

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
This pack isn't as bad as people say. I like Flight 2000. requires pretty accurate shots to get a great score. Lighting BLAST OFF can be challenging especially dealing with the 'LAST' lanes in the upper part of the table. Maybe i'm biased because I actually got to play real Flight 2000 table over the weekend at a local League tournament. Scored the top score on that particular table.

Goin' Nutts - is interesting. Not as bad as people say. I actually enjoy it much more than Central Park, Big Shot, CV, Genie gorgar. Probably my favorite Gottlieb table from the list. Yeah I know it's not much of a list.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
F2k looks great, but going nuts looks dark, pink, and and bit over saturated in color. Goin nuts is Still fun, but it seems to have the opposite problem of genie.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
F2K looks fantastic! If only they could make every table look that good, wow! And yeah GN does not look great, visually.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Man that sound in Goin' Nuts makes me want to tear off my ears.

This is exactly the reason we need a way to play background music on the PS.

Again, Farsight completely ignores PS3 fans.
They added the ability to play background music on iOS and Android while playing TPA, but not on the PS3. Why?!?! :(

I don't think I'll play this table again . It makes Jive Time seem incredible.

If it had trophies I would at least play it for that reason.

FLIGHT 2000 is pretty good.
Is it just me or is it very challenging to get multiball going?

The tilt sensor seems to be a bit on the agitated side. I noticed that two small nudges in a row always seems to TILT.

OverAll I think this is the weakest pack thus far.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Yes Flight2K has opened my eyes to early Stern pinball. Actually I think both tables look great, but that's just my opinion. Flight2k does seem pretty challenging and I will admit spoonman that yes the sound on Goin' Nuts makes me reach for the mute button. Actually because of VP I came to enjoy EMs that were obviously before my time. I am only 41, but a lot of them have a really good challenge and nice artwork. But I also agree that this is probably the weakest pack, but the next 2 I am really stoked for!

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Well here's my take on this current pack. F2k is definitely challenging and I LOVE IT! Got all of the standard goals in one game yesterday without even looking at the standard goals listing. Same thing with Going Nuts. People said that this table was difficult, yet I have difficulty finding it difficult at all. I got all of the standard goals in one game, and I played a 2nd game and got all of the wizard goals. EASY! That table is completely easy! I would have gotten both standard and wizard trophies yesterday if trophies were there. Still...it's a cool table. F2K will definitely be more of a challenge.

Don't you guys hate when you aren't on wizard goals yet, but you have already completely some goals from the wizard goals...but it won't count?! LOL I've done that with almost every table. Hahahaha I think Going Nuts is my favorite Gottlieb table as well. I'm not a big fan of Gottlieb tables, but this one is okay in my book

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Early Stern are where it's at. So glad they did justice to this one. Now I want to see them do more. : ) (Psst: Stars :D)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Very intrigued to play F2K and see what the fuss is about. Looking at the playfield my first impressions are "standard layout with 1/4 taken up with a ball lock gimmick". But everyone loves it. I don't doubt them, but I want to find out what makes it so good.

Don't you guys hate when you aren't on wizard goals yet, but you have already completely some goals from the wizard goals...but it won't count?! LOL I've done that with almost every table. Hahahaha I think Going Nuts is my favorite Gottlieb table as well. I'm not a big fan of Gottlieb tables, but this one is okay in my book

THIS. I always finish the standard goals on an amazing game, get nearly all the wizard goals in a single game, but it doesn't count. Then I can never replicate the success of that game. To be honest I wish that FS would make them both unlocked at the start, or at least have the achieved ones ticked off when you unlock the wizard goals.. It's one of the few things that really annoys me about the game.

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Going Nuts its definetly a surprise for me. On PS2 and now on iOS, I didnt bothered to play that much, but now this PS3 version really hooked me. Of course, with some background music (wish we can disable that "fom fom fom fom fom" noise... oh god....).

F2k its one of the best looking tables in TPA. Really enjoyed this pack!

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I agree with flight 2000 multi ball being challenging to start but there is a lot of luck involves because of the required inlane rollovers. Can't tell you how many right outlane drains I had last night because of that right inlane.

As for GN I like the gameplay. Fast paced and difficult. Sure it's all about shooting drop targets but id rather play this than the other too easy tables like BoP and SS. That infernal "song" makes it hard to play a second game in a row though.

RJB

May 1, 2013
So I've heard recently about the trophy limit being reached at "100" on the PS3, currently there are 96 trophies, so do any of you know why there are no trophies for Table Pack 16?

I'm hoping/praying they've been saved for the T2 table, any ideas? Thanks!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So I've heard recently about the trophy limit being reached at "100" on the PS3, currently there are 96 trophies, so do any of you know why there are no trophies for Table Pack 16?

I'm hoping/praying they've been saved for the T2 table, any ideas? Thanks!

The limit is not 100 but is a point based limit total based on the number and level of trophies. A gold trophy will cost the game more points than a silver trophy. The game has reached the total number of points allotted to it by Sony. No more trophies unless Sony changes their policy to allow for more points for DLC.

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The limit is not 100 but is a point based limit total based on the number and level of trophies. A good trophy will cost the game more points than a silver trophy. The game has reached the total number of points allotted to it by Sony. No more trophies unless Sony changes their policy to allow for more points for DLC.

I am putting this on Farsight and not Sony. As mentioned by others, there are games with over 100 trophies (Uncharted 3 w/ 105) as well as games over 2400 points (Spelunker).

I think if Farsight were to bring this up to Sony they could get it worked out, but it's much easier for them to just say "sorry, Sony won't let us".

I'm going to continue buying TPA because I enjoy the tables, but I will now only buy it for the Kindle Fire and use the HDMI output to play on an HD display. It saves me $29.99 since I won't be buying season 3 twice. The trophies made it worth double dipping for me.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I am putting this on Farsight and not Sony. As mentioned by others, there are games with over 100 trophies (Uncharted 3 w/ 105) as well as games over 2400 points (Spelunker).

I think if Farsight were to bring this up to Sony they could get it worked out, but it's much easier for them to just say "sorry, Sony won't let us".

I'm going to continue buying TPA because I enjoy the tables, but I will now only buy it for the Kindle Fire and use the HDMI output to play on an HD display. It saves me $29.99 since I won't be buying season 3 twice. The trophies made it worth double dipping for me.

Sometimes I think that FarSight's Sony rep sucks.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013

The two games with over 2400 points have platinums, there's clearly a different limit between them and non-plat games like TPA. Only Sony knows why they made a limit... I doubt Farsight can do anything and to be honest, they probably don't care enough about trophies/achievements to really pursue the matter. From what I see the bulk of their downloads come from iOS anyway, they're limited to 100 achievements there so anything after Cactus Canyon hasn't had any and it doesn't seem to have hurt sales much.

Anyway, Goin' Nuts is much easier with an actual controller vs. playing on a touchscreen like iOS. I smashed my high score from iOS within a few games on Vita.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.