Flight 2000 & Goin' Nuts

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Because some people, like spoonman as you can see, outright refuse to play a game without trophies. Doesn't matter if it's fun or not, no trophies = screw.

But hey, that's the way people are these days. Whine whine whine when they can't get their way.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
Man, I know I said I probably wasn't going to post here anymore, but it's just too fun and I like talking about pinball. :D

Anyway, I don't know why people don't like Goin' Nuts. I'm really enjoying it. I know most people think it's shallow, but just as with every other table, the longer I play it, the more I develop strategies for extending my game, and realize just how well thought out it is. The sound doesn't bother me either, believe it or not. Working to hit all the targets to earn "Extra Squirrels" can be challenging at times, and seeing the timer increase ever upward knowing how much it's going to assist you in putting up a new high score is just plain satisfying. And, it's just plain fun.

Flight 2000 is awesome too, but then again, I think every table I play is awesome. I don't know, maybe I'm weird or something, but I actually like every table for it's own reasons. I like that the multi-ball is challenging to start... to me, that's what makes it not only fun, but worth it, too. It feels better to earn your way step-by-step through a game, rather than have everything handed to you. Seriously, what does that do... I hate easy games. We need more challenging games, just like in the good ol' days! Love the sound effects on F2K as well... they remind me of old Atari games and that's a GOOD thing!

I like the new pack very much. Another awesome job by FarSight. Trophies or not, it doesn't matter. Pinball is all about leaderboards... and FUN to me. Don't get me wrong, I like to get trophies if they're available, but no way in hell will I avoid an interesting game that I want to play just because it won't give me a extra little prize.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Because some people, like spoonman as you can see, outright refuse to play a game without trophies. Doesn't matter if it's fun or not, no trophies = screw.

But hey, that's the way people are these days. Whine whine whine when they can't get their way.

Some people, as you can see, don't believe that every day should be "Don't be a D1ck Day".

Anyway, show me where I said I would refuse to play TPA. If you paid attention you would see that I said I bought every table released on both the Kindle Fire HD as well as the PS3.

The people who whine about people asking questions are far more annoying IMO.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
37nw.jpg

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Looks really good, smbhax! I was planning to skip this pack because of "Goin' Nuts" (man, I hated that table on the PSP). On the other hand, these older tables couldn't rely on the DMD to bring the fun, they had to offer variety, good design and a satisfying challenge. F2k has it all. :)

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Some people, as you can see, don't believe that every day should be "Don't be a D1ck Day".

Anyway, show me where I said I would refuse to play TPA. If you paid attention you would see that I said I bought every table released on both the Kindle Fire HD as well as the PS3.

The people who whine about people asking questions are far more annoying IMO.

you said you won't buy season 3 on ps3 if it doesn't have trophies. Not whining, just stating a fact

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Looks really good, smbhax! I was planning to skip this pack because of "Goin' Nuts" (man, I hated that table on the PSP). On the other hand, these older tables couldn't rely on the DMD to bring the fun, they had to offer variety, good design and a satisfying challenge. F2k has it all. :)

it sure does. Took some warming up to the table but it really is a gem.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I like them both. I like the multiple-stage multiball setup in F2K, it's really satisfying when you manage it.

Goin' Nuts, what can I say. I'm a sucker for the unusual. And the crunch of drop targets.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Why is every thread being infected with people whining about trophys when there is already a thread about trophys?

No kidding. I was amazed at how hijacked my thread got.

Back on topic, I had never heard of or played "Flight 2000" before, but after finally getting it, I actually love it. It's a pretty challenging table, and it's not as boring as the garbage known as "Centaur" or "Gorgar". There's actually things to do, and you have fun doing them.

I also had never heard of "Goin Nuts" either, and was amazed at how much hate the table has from people on here. I actually think the table is pretty neat and unique. The only complaints I have is the music, which is hands down the worst, and the timer. However, it really gives one practice when it comes to Multiball, so I wasn't too upset by it. I just wonder how much more fun it would be without that pesky timer?!?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I agree...let's please keep the trophy conversations in the proper thread.

I'm not going to bother talking about it because it does no good, but I do think it's certainly relevant to the topic being that this is the first table pack not supporting trophies on the PS3.

If it was suddenly changed to asking people which pie is their favorite or which Stooge is the best (Moe of course), I would shout OFF TOPIC! ! !

Anyway, it's my birthday in 4 minutes and I'm going to play some pinball to celebrate. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm not going to bother talking about it because it does no good, but I do think it's certainly relevant to the topic being that this is the first table pack not supporting trophies on the PS3.

If it was suddenly changed to asking people which pie is their favorite or which Stooge is the best (Moe of course), I would shout OFF TOPIC! ! !

Anyway, it's my birthday in 4 minutes and I'm going to play some pinball to celebrate. :)

Happy Birthday! spoonman...relax for a day and enjoy some pinball. :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Flight 2000 is amazing. One of the tables where the simplicity shines through and makes a really great table. I love the tiered set of rules to get multiball, and watching the balls launch off is really satisfying. Oddly enough the multiball itself isn't very good because the playfield's too small and you'll probably end up re-locking the balls before you can do anything with them, but it's satisfying just to reach that point. My record is three multiballs in one game, about 3.5M.

Goin' Nuts is alright for one game or two. I like the table layout, it's quite unique. But you just can't have a long game on it because of the timer system. And there isn't really anything to do aside from "hit drop targets", then "quick, reactivate multiball or die!" Multiball should be a reward for the player not a necessity. Single ball play should be the standard, not a danger zone. It makes the games quite tense, in a bad way. And it't not good for score chasing. 90% of my games end up at a million, I find it very hard to score less or more than than for some reason. It's my most consistent scoring table.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Goin' Nuts is good for playing something different and for its historical value. There's a reason why there aren't a bunch of tables that start with multiball and have a timer.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Anyway, I don't know why people don't like Goin' Nuts. I'm really enjoying it. I know most people think it's shallow, but just as with every other table, the longer I play it, the more I develop strategies for extending my game, and realize just how well thought out it is. The sound doesn't bother me either, believe it or not. Working to hit all the targets to earn "Extra Squirrels" can be challenging at times, and seeing the timer increase ever upward knowing how much it's going to assist you in putting up a new high score is just plain satisfying. And, it's just plain fun.

Pinball is like sex: Even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Flight 2000 is a cool table. My only complaint is that sometimes it's too happy to play with itself (bumper, slingshot, bumper, slingshot, ...). Reaching Multiball on a real table must be pretty hard!

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Glad to see some people who have never played a real Flight 2000 are "loving" the table. I just hope more people give it a chance.

F2K is one of the most beautiful tables in TPA, and the rulesheet is amazing... grat surprise. because Ive never saw one of these here in my country. BUT, at least, I doubt you saw this one:

This was Taito's mix of Centaur and F2K... what a mess...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.