Bug Friend Sorting on Leaderboards is BROKEN (video demo included)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Good news according to this Facebook post by Farsight. Fix will be in next update.. and very soon.

Hmmm, I guess they didn't mean v2.13 after all. Its still here. I guess that means we were correct to expect September after all.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
It seems doubtful there will be another patch after the one today, I'm sure it added the content for the next table packs.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's not fixed is it?
So frustrating. :(

They did say this...
Farsight-pinballLBFix.png

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, honestly I bet they get confused about the submission dates, release dates, and what's included with which release as much as we all do. Its probably all set up for the next release after this (I hope).

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, honestly I bet they get confused about the submission dates, release dates, and what's included with which release as much as we all do. Its probably all set up for the next release after this (I hope).

No excuses.. This is another good reason for Changelogs.. It helps keep all Farsight employees on the same page.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
After restarting I noticed all of the Friend Leaderboard sorting now only shows my score and no one else's.
Perhaps this is the first step in fixing them.

Maybe as more people on my PSN friends list play the tables they will start to populate data again.

*please give it a try and report back. I'll play each of the tables.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
After restarting I noticed all of the Friend Leaderboard sorting now only shows my score and no one else's.
Perhaps this is the first step in fixing them.

We had directly this (only the user highscore is displayed) with the european version update (1.09), released last week. Friend leadeboards were ok before it. [http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/4799-PS3-European-Version-1-09-available]

Hmmmm... I wonder if the update actually include the fix... and it does not work! Or as you said, it's just a step.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's a few days slated and I haven't heard from anyone on the friend sorting w/ Leaderboard. Has anyone had luck getting these working? Mine went from showing everyone on my PSN friends list to NOBODY on my friend's list.

Now when I sort by friends it only shows my score. Was this their fix attempt??
I really hope not because if so, it will never be fixed.

I urge everyone who cares about the PS3 port of TPA to hold off on buying more DLC until this important part is properly addressed once and for all.

They've stopped answering all questions about this as well.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
It's a few days slated and I haven't heard from anyone on the friend sorting w/ Leaderboard. Has anyone had luck getting these working?

Weird thing here: like you, none friend score is listed in the friend leaderboard (only my highscore), except on ToTAN! One friend is listed for this table, with a weird score: 231.000 pts.
I can't remember if this score was there before the bug. This (german) friend is a PS+ member, and it seems he played TPA only a few times.

I urge everyone who cares about the PS3 port of TPA to hold off on buying more DLC until this important part is properly addressed once and for all

This is my case. I've already stopped to purchase DLC because of the lag. Now, with the leaderboard bug, this is even worse...

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
It's not just scores but also IDs. More than once my TPA on iOS has decided that I am not me, but another person, so it has taken all my HOF points.

I even had to see myself as one of my Facebook friends with 5000+ points while "I" languished back down at <100 points all over again. How does this work? If they know who I am because of Facebook login, or TPA login or GameCentre login, or just my phone's ID itself, then how do they not know I must be the same person?

Anyway, my point is that there's loads of us who would like FS to fix the leader board/ HOF points/ high score registering / ID issue once and for all. I know it's a game and scores aren't important and all that, but its very frustrating to get a new best score and for it to just not be recorded.

I finally got my 'new ID' back up to the same area I was in before but fully expect FS to one day demote me back to stranger with 0 again.

me3e5yha.jpg

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's not just scores but also IDs. More than once my TPA on iOS has decided that I am not me, but another person, so it has taken all my HOF points.

I even had to see myself as one of my Facebook friends with 5000+ points while "I" languished back down at <100 points all over again. How does this work? If they know who I am because of Facebook login, or TPA login or GameCentre login, or just my phone's ID itself, then how do they not know I must be the same person?

Anyway, my point is that there's loads of us who would like FS to fix the leader board/ HOF points/ high score registering / ID issue once and for all. I know it's a game and scores aren't important and all that, but its very frustrating to get a new best score and for it to just not be recorded.

I finally got my 'new ID' back up to the same area I was in before but fully expect FS to one day demote me back to stranger with 0 again.

But this is the PS3 sub-forum so we're complaining about PS3 stuff. We don't even have HoF points. :D

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'm a bit sad about the situation too. It's been a fairly long time now since the bug surfaced. I have barely touched TPA since the tournament since I can't see any friend scores. I think I'm probably going to just forget about PS3 and wait for the PC version to be released, since at least they won't have any delays between submitting patches and them going in, if I've understood how steam works correctly.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It may feel like a long time but I don't think FS had even replicated the problem before the last Sony patch was sent in. Assuming that they have a fix we should see it in the next PS3 update in September.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, honestly I bet they get confused about the submission dates, release dates, and what's included with which release as much as we all do.
If you've ever worked in the software industry, you know just how laughable your statement is. Any remotely professional software company keeps track of all that stuff in pretty fine detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.