Future Season 3 Poll

Which of the three Williams® tables would you like to be included in Season Three?

• Cyclone

Votes: 107 26.7%
  • Earthshaker!

Votes: 116 28.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 178 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
So glad "Diner" won, cannot wait to finally play it!

Never fear, "Earthshaker" fans, I'd be shocked and stunned if you didn't get your table next year.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's great to see lots of excitment behind older, non-DMD games. Getting more tables and seasons in the future will require a mix of older with the quickly disappearing number of more modern tables. Having successful older pins will just increase the amount of tables we see and add a welcome amount of variety.

Farsight has mentioned there will be a season 4. With 3 more spots this season and the fact that both Cyclone and Earthshaker finished in the top ten of their respective polls with no licensing issues, they will be coming with almost 100% certainty. I wold love to see an older EM or early SS table brought out and paired with Sorcerer and hope that makes it in next season. The two-fer might help sell that pack.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
It's great to see lots of excitment behind older, non-DMD games. Getting more tables and seasons in the future will require a mix of older with the quickly disappearing number of more modern tables. Having successful older pins will just increase the amount of tables we see and add a welcome amount of variety.

Farsight has mentioned there will be a season 4. With 3 more spots this season and the fact that both Cyclone and Earthshaker finished in the top ten of their respective polls with no licensing issues, they will be coming with almost 100% certainty. I wold love to see an older EM or early SS table brought out and paired with Sorcerer and hope that makes it in next season. The two-fer might help sell that pack.

There's this myth that most everyone just wants DMD tables, but I don't think that's true.

However, based on comments from both Farsight and customers, I think the want for EM tables is very, very low. I wouldn't be surprised if we got less than 3 EM tables in the next 3-4 seasons.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
There's this myth that most everyone just wants DMD tables, but I don't think that's true.

However, based on comments from both Farsight and customers, I think the want for EM tables is very, very low. I wouldn't be surprised if we got less than 3 EM tables in the next 3-4 seasons.

I totally agree. Lots of naysayers out there slamming any table that isn't DMD but obviously there are lots of people that beg for Xenon, EBD, Fathom, and a couple others regularly with other tables being mentioned every so often. This poll has been the first time I think the people that want the pre-DMD tables have really been vocal and stayed vocal. I would love to see it carry over and get a couple early SS Bally's (Fathom, Paragon, Medusa and Embryon) and Sterns (Catacomb and Seawitch) made for inclusion. Unless there is some sort of great marketing promotion, I don't foresee any EM's coming any time soon.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I totally agree. Lots of naysayers out there slamming any table that isn't DMD but obviously there are lots of people that beg for Xenon, EBD, Fathom, and a couple others regularly with other tables being mentioned every so often. This poll has been the first time I think the people that want the pre-DMD tables have really been vocal and stayed vocal. I would love to see it carry over and get a couple early SS Bally's (Fathom, Paragon, Medusa and Embryon) and Sterns (Catacomb and Seawitch) made for inclusion. Unless there is some sort of great marketing promotion, I don't foresee any EM's coming any time soon.

Yeah, I get the love for EM's and am even fine with 1 EM each season to keep the old school pinheads happy, but they're just not popular, nor do they sell for Farsight. This discussion has been talked about plenty on the FB page, and Farsight has said numerous times that they just don't sell well, aren't requested that much by fans, or/and the tables aren't worth investing the money in. I completely understand all of those reasons, but I also understand why it enrages quite a few people here.

As for the pre DMD crowd, a ton of tables get requested on the page, daily, so it may be the first time you've seen them be very vocal HERE, but it's pretty normal over there. The amount of pre DMD tables I ask for are endless. ("Phantom of the Opera", "Mousin' Around", "F-14 Tomcat", etc etc)

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012

I for one hope every system 11 game get the TPA treatment. Something about that run of games strikes the perfect balance between em and dmd pinball.

Tekksetter

Apr 12, 2014
I was the 111th vote for Earthshaker, and truly hope Farsight emulates it someday even though Diner seems to be the clear winner. I'm biased as ES was the first table I really learned the basics of pinball on. Back in the late eighties. No video game ever let me play till my arms ached and then walk away with free games on it!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Looks like Diner wins the spot for Season 3. Really would have appreciated Earthshaker, though.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Looks like Diner wins the spot for Season 3. Really would have appreciated Earthshaker, though.
Yeah, likewise. Thankfully the VP table isn't horrible, but having played all three tables for the first time in Texas a few weeks back, ES was the fastest and most fun, even for a Lawlor table. So much so, I'm on the lookout to buy one after I get a new-gen Stern (to get that tournament feel).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Locking this due to voting closure. Let's look forward to dining on our crowd-powered choice in the coming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.