Future Season 3 Poll

Which of the three Williams® tables would you like to be included in Season Three?

• Cyclone

Votes: 107 26.7%
  • Earthshaker!

Votes: 116 28.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 178 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Welcome to the Hurricane fan club, now with 2 members. Love this pin, but I have a feeling we'll never see it in TPA as it barely gets mentioned here.

Make that 3 members :) Hurricane was the first table I played a lot - it was in the campus bar I frequented the most and my pub quiz buddies and I played it during breaks. That same bar later on got Dr Who, Dracula, and TZ - but Hurricane will always be the first!

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
make it 4. I would rather see Hurricane than any from this pool. But before that, those from my sig.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I like Hurricane. Really good one. Just one of those tables that doesn't stand out to make your top favorites list but also not bad in any major way and very enjoyable overall.

N

netizen

Out of the 3 "main" coaster tables I enjoy Hurricane the most, but I would buy and play Cyclone, Comet, Hurricane and even RCT if/when any of them come to TPA

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's funny because when I look at Hurricane, I would immediately pick it over Cyclone. When I play it back to back though, I have more fun with Cyclone. Now part of this May be the fault of the VP recreation of Hurricane. It's been way too long for me since I played the real thing to know for sure. I have played Cyclone recently and enjoyed if a lot.

Maybe it's just my love if System 11 machines coming through. After all, I also prefer HS to The Getaway.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
You're not alone SYT. I loved Comet. I loved Cyclone even more. But every time I stepped up to a Hurricane, I always left disappointed. I could never put my finger on why.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
For me the ramp on Hurricane makes it difficult to see. The ramp is cool the first few times and then it's just in the way. I also don't think the DMD animations add anything to the game. It's poorly utilized almost like it was an afterthought. But it's not a bad pin at all. I always play it when I see it. For me Comet and Cylone are a big step ahead. I also actually prefer Rollercoaster Tycoon as well (but I hate that troll doll thingy).

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I took a different approach to my selection. All three pinball machines are incredible, and it was tough to make a choice, but I chose Cyclone. To widen the outreach of The Pinball Arcade even more, Cyclone was basically in most arcades in the 80's and beyond, and whenever I talk about pinball to people who aren't into pinball, they always mention "that rollercoaster table from the 80's with the ferris wheel". When people see Cyclone being offered, more people (new customers) are more inclined to jump in and buy the base game and Cyclone along with buying table packs. I know the ultimate outreach table is Addam's Family, but Cyclone is more popular than people tend to give it.

ruhlen postulate

Apr 9, 2014
Make it five.

make it 4. I would rather see Hurricane than any from this pool. But before that, those from my sig.

I like all 3 in the amusement park "series" but I have to give the nod to Hurricane. It involves you more than the others. As for the looping track being a distraction, just keep playing. Eventually, you will get used to it. Chills...thrills...magic...prrrizes! Besides, my grandma throws better than you...oh NO...SPLASH!!!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Apparently and according to previous posts here ong ago, Sorcerer got lost amidst the WMS re-negotiation. Too bad-it was great in PHoF.

What happened was, they had one last WMS slot and they used it on Fish Tales instead of Sorcerer. They don't get the license for specific WMS tables, but rather, a set number of them at a time. They had one left, and they decided to make it FT. They have since renewed their license and they could make Sorcerer if they wanted to.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I hope they do make it sometime soon! Awesome shooting gallery on it and great art. Nice unique layout as well.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I like all 3 in the amusement park "series" but I have to give the nod to Hurricane. It involves you more than the others. As for the looping track being a distraction, just keep playing. Eventually, you will get used to it. Chills...thrills...magic...prrrizes! Besides, my grandma throws better than you...oh NO...SPLASH!!!

Bubble, bubble, toil and trrrruble....

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I voted for Earthshaker! as I live in California. I also remember seeing an Earthshaker! at All Amusement Fun Center in Panorama City before I knew much about pinball and it leaving the biggest impression on me, even though I never played it.

Personally, I feel that Comet, Cyclone, and Hurricane should be released in order, as each one was supposed to build from the previous one from a design standpoint. That being said, I have not played all three of them and have only played Cyclone once, at Disneyland (and it's gone now). The Hurricane I played at (at Comic Hero University in Fullerton) has a tendency to fling balls into the air whenever it goes up the center ramp, so I feel I didn't get a genuine experience from it. However, I did understand it enough to know that if Hurricane ever shows up in The Pinball Arcade, it should come after Cyclone.

Where are all the Diner votes coming from? That's a table I'd like to play too (no such machines in southern California, at least not so far), since food and cooking is a topic I like to study and observe, but I read that Diner and Earthshaker! were neck-and-neck a few days ago.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
What happened was, they had one last WMS slot and they used it on Fish Tales instead of Sorcerer. They don't get the license for specific WMS tables, but rather, a set number of them at a time. They had one left, and they decided to make it FT. They have since renewed their license and they could make Sorcerer if they wanted to.

Thank you Rudy,
Sorcerer is one of my faves-but I doubt it would be good enough to release on it's own now that the TPA business model is one table at a time. That FT was chosen can confirm this.
I'd love to play the EM Sorcerer version though!

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
I thought this poll was suppose to end yesterday and yet this poll is still open. So when will we know when Farsight will make their decision on the next table for table pack 26?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.