Historical Fact Of The Day

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
2010 – TESLA’S FRANK HANNON ACCUSES GN’R OF PLAGIARISM.

Frank Hannon explaining to everyone that the GUNS N’ ROSES song ‘Patience’ was a rip off of a Tesla demo called ‘Better Off Without You':

Frank Hannon: “Let me tell you something: ‘Patience’, we were label mates with Guns N’ Roses on Geffen, there’s a demo of a song that we wrote called ‘Better Off Without You’. It is ‘Patience’ note for note.”

Audience: “WOOOOAHHH.”

Eddie Trunk: “Sue their asses”

Don Jamieson: “Breaking news on That Metal Show.”

Jim Florentine: “And I got something else, he whistled on the song dude. You don’t whistle on a song, you sing a song.”

Sounds like Tesla's management needed better rein on Tesla's demo tapes, haha. :)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Slash said : "I heard one of the guys from Tesla claimed Guns n'Roses stole Patience from them. I'm assuming he's smoking super crack or dreaming out loud. I didn't hear the actual interview do I won't jump to conclusions based on hearsay.

Now Hannon later said he was just joking, explaining : "For the record, Better Off Without You is a song in D with a D-F#-G chord change in it the same type of change GnR used at the end of Patience, and also the same change John Lennon used in Imagine. But I do not seriously feel that we wrote Patience in any way. It's a great song that GnR wrote it's only the end part that has a similarity to the chords we used. I apologise for any controversy or disrespect I may have projected in my joking around with Eddie Trunk."

And Patience is a much better song IMO. :)

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Well that is a helluva thing to be joking around about, an accusation of plagiarism! :)

Edit: BTW, that Monopoly pinball looks like it might be a good table, anyone played one?

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
November 16th, 1938
LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide) is first synthesized by Dr. Albert Hofmann.

X22x3Ay.gif

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
A most interesting drug.
Some studies are made using it but ofcourse the stigma from the sixties and miss-use today make most shy away from it.
The most promise seems to be from inducing the flooding of the brains dopamine receptors and what not thus crashing through some mental disorders like autism, asperger etc

Not something I would recommend anyone but it sure is an interesting drug...

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
November 18th, 1978
In Jonestown (Guyana) 918 members of Peoples Temple are murdered/commit suicide under leadership of cult leader Jim Jones.

6jpEBKv.jpg
GTUx1RX.jpg

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
November 25th, 1940
Woody Woodpecker debuts (with release of Walter Lantz's "Knock Knock").

giphy.gif

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts