Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Hey Jeff, from listening to your podcasts (much appreciated) you're a pretty chilled guy. It might shock you to know that the rest of us don't have the patience of a Saint.

I'm a programmer, I love pinball and TPA. But there's only so many deadlines you can miss before people get pissed. I'm sure you get that (even if you can't relate ;)).

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
I'm trying! But, when you have a certain amount set aside in your Steam wallet in preparation to buy tables and it's technically still today, then maybe. Maybe midnight PST is when we'll get it now, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got money in my bank waiting for TPA ;) Since I have no idea how much it's going to cost for the season packs I'm going to wait.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
Hey Jeff, from listening to your podcasts (much appreciated) you're a pretty chilled guy. It might shock you to know that the rest of us don't have the patience of a Saint.

I'm a programmer, I love pinball and TPA. But there's only so many deadlines you can miss before people get pissed. I'm sure you get that (even if you can't relate ;)).

Haha look into 'Starbound' and see how much the beta on that has been delayed.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
The thing that frustrates me is that this was planned to come out last Friday right? Steam wanted to delay it for this week?

It's too bad this issue couldn't have been addressed throughout the week.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Haha look into 'Starbound' and see how much the beta on that has been delayed.

And that makes it OK? People don't get upset without reason. And more importantly, most people only get upset because they're so passionate about TPA. I rarely play games anymore, but here I am refreshing Steam! :)

I think Farsight needs to adopt the 'when it's done' approach. It's just a bad idea to make promises and then keep breaking them.

I'm a programmer, I get how many things can and do go wrong with software dev. But I also think Farsight are working on too many platforms, and there's never enough time to really do things properly. That's certainly how it looks.

VALIS

Apr 20, 2013
Even if it's not released today, is it going to kill you to wait till Monday or whenever? Let's be rational here folks...

Oh stop it. No one is talking about picketing the TPA offices or boycotting the game, but people need to vent. The same people who badly want to buy this and have been waiting months have to wait again because yet something new and unforeseen popped up. Anyone who's been following this game from the beginning is used to these unforeseen glitches and delays and bugs because they've been happening consistently since the beginning. I'm still buying both table packs right off the bat if the game is released today, Monday or a month from now, but come on, you can't tell me people shouldn't be frustrated. This was so predictable. This game would be late to its own funeral.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oh stop it. No one is talking about picketing the TPA offices or boycotting the game, but people need to vent. The same people who badly want to buy this and have been waiting months have to wait again because yet something new and unforeseen popped up. Anyone who's been following this game from the beginning is used to these unforeseen glitches and delays and bugs because they've been happening consistently since the beginning. I'm still buying both table packs right off the bat if the game is released today, Monday or a month from now, but come on, you can't tell me people shouldn't be frustrated. This was so predictable. This game would be late to its own funeral.

Did you read the post I was replying to? He was talking about boycotting Steam.

And don't tell me what to stop. That's my job. People can be frustrated, yes, but they don't need to get pissed off and act like the world is ending because a game gets delayed. There's a difference.

Last edited:

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
And that makes it OK? People don't get upset without reason. And more importantly, most people only get upset because they're so passionate about TPA. I rarely play games anymore, but here I am refreshing Steam! :)

I think Farsight needs to adopt the 'when it's done' approach. It's just a bad idea to make promises and then keep breaking them.

I'm a programmer, I get how many things can and do go wrong with software dev. But I also think Farsight are working on too many platforms, and there's never enough time to really do things properly. That's certainly how it looks.

You must have been in my house, when I said the very same thing to my wife last summer. I completely accept that "stuff happens" when making a product, and I've never complained about it, even when I become a bit frustrated. When those times happen, I try to remind myself that if I'm put out, just think how the people at FS who are doing this for a living feel. However, I think it's fair to say that when new release dates are given several times, customers can become frustrated when those dates pass without the software being released.

I respect that FS is a small company and that they have their hands very full with a nice product, but I agree that they would do themselves a world of good by using a "We're so gratified that our customers are excited to play The Pinball Arcade, and want to know when it's released. We wish to make the highest quality product possible, and also don't wish to break promises to you, so what we can say is that we'll release it when it's finished."

I think customers would respect that, though I know you can't make everybody happy.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
If the delay is causing this much frustration over a game someone need to get a life or medical attention one or the other.

donarumo

Nov 1, 2013
If we're comparing game delays, I purchased Cliff Johnson's "The Fool and His Money" a couple of months after it was announced. It was supposed to be released in 2003 and every couple of months, he'd delay the thing for one reason or another. Strung along like this until late last year (2012). Nearly ten years of "It should be out in a few months".

Qik

Aug 4, 2013
Cleve Blakemore's Grimoire probably takes the win for most delayed game ever. It should have been out last CENTURY and is still getting posts saying how it'll be soon. then again Cleve Blakemore is an asshat.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
Cleve Blakemore's Grimoire probably takes the win for most delayed game ever. It should have been out last CENTURY and is still getting posts saying how it'll be soon. then again Cleve Blakemore is an asshat.

Sounds like the West Brother racing sim that was supposed to be spiritual successor to Grand Prix Legends, circa 1999. They spent years teasing with new screenshots of cars, garages, descriptions of what they wanted to do, "bold future" kind of stuff.

Vaporware. lol

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Please don't attack members of the moderation team who are merely trying to keep people from overreacting. While it's ok to vent a little, it's not ok to start bashing anyone in any way. This forum is not the place for that sort of behavior and we expect all of our forum members to conduct themselves in a respectable manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.