iOS iCade Support? (Bitty)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I just got my Bitty in the mail. Setup was painless and the build quality seems good, and it worked seamlessly with the apps I expected it to. Aside from TPA, I can't seem to get it to recognize. Is there a trick or am I waiting for an update to fix it? I could have sworn the update note mentioned iCade support, its one of the main reasons I got it in the first place.

As far as I know, Farsight has been silent on the issue. But iCade support was mentioned in a semi-official post somewhere on this forum.

Last edited:

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
Gypsy shred- iCade support is working for me on iOS 5.0 as seen in the video above. It appears there might be some issues with it not working on 6.0 though. What version is your device?

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Still no mailman action at my door. 3-5 days is now 8 days......

But..... Goto the appstore and download gridlee now!

Its a game but its imame too! You can put roms in it without a jailbreak. And you can use icade without a jailbreak.

With allllllll roms available.

So, grap it before apple takes it out the appstore.

Sublime

Jul 26, 2012
Dutch- I haven't heard of tha app. I'll have to check it out tonight. The app store picture only shows it as having 1 button. Is there an option if you side load Roms to add the others buttons back on screen?

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I think i know which one you mean. I got that one.

And almost everything works.

I only need to find out howto get supermario 1,2 and 3.

Edit

Got the marios at work. Unplayable with touchscreen. So, all i need is the icade and i am off!

Last edited:

an ox

May 28, 2012
got the iCade 8 bitty this morning, works fantastic in Goatup 2 (hooray!), Gridlee (hooray!) and not at all in PBA (moo!). I do hope they fix/reimplement it because shoulder buttoms to flip and d-pad to nudge would be rather nice.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Well, i cancelled my icade order. 13 Days ago s they told it was send by mail. And just a minut ago i got an email that they dont have icades in stock and they will try to deliver as fast as possible.

So.... New plan.... Gonne buy a controller, not sure which one. Maybe in future when a shop in my city sells icades i pick one up.

But they are not easy to get in holland. Damn apple! Just give us a ****ing controller man!

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
...Damn apple! Just give us a ****ing controller man!

AGREEEEEEEED!

(Gridlee iOS 5+ only - I'm 4.3 still :( - Got MAME4Droid on tab with Wiimote working over BT though. Could REALLY do with some more 0.37b5/11 ROMs though ;) )

EDIT: Message to FS. You're STILL quiet on this?
I just noticed that I started this thread nearly a YEAR ago!...

Last edited:

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
That's a shame. This is the best version of MAME I've ever had. In fear of Apple breaking it, I may never update the OS ever again.

Seems the MAME is the later 0.139. Cool.
I've got MAME4Droid original on Droid tab-Fun playing with it :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Seems the MAME is the later 0.139. Cool.
I've got MAME4Droid original on Droid tab-Fun playing with it :)

I've got the iMame before Apple pulled it. It's based on Mame4All 0.37.b. The sounds in Asteroids are wrong and StarCastle and Rip-Off don't work. And Tempest can't do portrait full screen. The "Gridlee" 0.139 version fixes ALL that. It also isn't as klugy with the iCade as the iMame was. I'm in retroheaven right now.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Finaly i got a steelseries free mobile gamepad for my ipad. Works great with gridlee and some other games.

But i realy hope PA will support this asap. Bumperbuttons for controlling flippers and poke for nudging.

Come on farside, PLEASE!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Apple finally pulled Gridlee btw. Took 'em a lot longer than iMame. I guess it didn't help that every iOS app site as well as every review in the app review page kept mentioning what it really was.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.