iOS iCade Support? (Bitty)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Confirmed, I got to play on the iCade at TPF yesterday! :cool:
I still want for side buttons for better pinball feel. You end up using a couple of the 8 arcade buttons as flippers, and the joystick acts as the plunger.

Whats the story on nudge dude

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Wow. Joystick should be for nudge. Plungers are mostly analog, the icade stick is digital, just like the ipad nudging is.

Or... Use 2 lower buttons for the flippers, 2 upper buttons for nudging. The others for magna-save and stuff.

Last edited:

richard8a

Mar 18, 2013
Whats the story on nudge dude

Hmm, I don't remember trying to nudge. Only played one table for a few minutes before the FarSight guy steered me to the PS3 with 3-D support. (Yes, it apparently happened RIGHT before TPF.) I imagine the nudge feature still works fine if you have that turned on for the iPad.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
FS should really make their own ipincab device, im sure it would be a big seller!!!?...could plug ya iphone in and be used as the back glass!! :cool:

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Much more interested in something like this than icade.

Me too. I'd pay a good chunk of money to be able to play TPA in this kind of fashion. After years of playing virtual pinball exclusively on monitors and TV screens, I've found that I never want to go back after playing pinball on a vertical tablet screen; it just seems so much more immersive and proper. The only drawback is the touch controls, which aren't terrible, but far from ideal. Something like that video shows would be the best of both worlds without spending thousands of dollars on a hugely expensive TV-based full cabinet setup.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
This is a custom mod. Wen pa supports icade, anybody can build his own cabinet. Fairly easy, and this is what i am saying. Never ever have mod something. Watch some videos on youtube howto make the buttons and connect all wires.

Build own cabinet and your good to go.

I want two options, a cabinet style but i want a controller style, when i just want to sit relaxed and play pinball.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So, there's an iOS beta with iCade functionality that we've been testing, and I freakin' LOVE it. I can actually nudge now! I was in favor of using the stick for nudging before I played the beta, but now I think that would be a mistake. The nudge buttons are right beside the flipper buttons so it's easy to quickly nudge the ball then flip it. If you don't already have an iCade (I have the core), I think you'll be buying one soon.

iPad + iCade = awesome

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
A reminder to farsight.

Its absolutally needed that you can reconfigure buttun lay out, so all blue tooth controllers which use the icade formule can be used. And its handy for custom cabinets.

Please, do it right in one go.

I even think this will be selling extra pa games. And we will see an enormous amount of custom pinball cabinets. Zen will follow soon, so be the first to get it right.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think we'll be able to configure the buttons right away, but I believe this is planned for the future.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
I see that iCade is also Android compliant via Bluetooth.

Hoping they will port it to that platform as well!

Timelord ...

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I don't think we'll be able to configure the buttons right away, but I believe this is planned for the future.

Then i hope they can give us two setups. 1 for icade and 1 for 8bitty. Will be enough for a large groupe of controller players.

Customizing can follow later, bit its a must if we want to build cabinets.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
DPb,

You are correct but most require rooting to work with TPA, which I am not going to do until it is out of warranty.

I'm 70+ y/o and holding my 10" tablet and using touchscreen hurts so much after a hour or so, sometimes my hands won't open they are so cramped.

Ah, well, there's always PC (soon) or the upcoming PS4... I also have it on XBox 360 but until the legal stuff is worked out it's frozen at the current DLC's.

Timelord ...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.