Bug iOS Version 1.1.6 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
I just played a few MM games, and couldn't get that sample (usually all the time). I'll report back when I get it.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Uninstalled game, tapped "remove" from gamecenter.

Some of my achievements were still there.
Score 1,700,000 in black hole and got no achievement for top 5 or top score. It was both.

Just got a top score in BoP but wasn't added to my achievements.

Also, BRIDE OF PINBOT audio problems
Partial optical link music sometimes cuts out.
Optics activated, When bop is supposed to say "now i see you" she sometimes only says "now i see".
Doesn't always show text in display "now i see you"

Problems seem to center around optics.

Those are new problems.

Edit:just tried removing and reinstalling again. Chose to remove from game center and did not restore .pba files. My achievements are still there. My local scores are gone and hall of fame scores are back to 0.
Just scored top 5 bop score and completed all standard goals. I got hall of fame scored correctly, but the achievements for bop are still blank.

Problems seem to be with game center achievements

Last edited:

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
I completely deleted and reinstalled TPA and all tables which included losing my scores (oh well). The only "bug fix" I found was on Gorgar. Ripley's still plays like it's in slow motion. Nothing on Black Knight seems repaired. CFTBL still doesn't play RATC. I agree with many of the above posts that it would have been nice to be told which "fixes" were included in the update.

At first, I simply downloaded the update and then played and looked for some of the various bugs that have been mentioned over the past few weeks. I didn't notice any changes whatsoever, and then opted to do just as you have said above. Scores,shmores, lots of time later to regain or best them ,and am aware one can save them (and goals ), but decided not to bother this time. Did keep GC scores though. It was only after re-downloading the tables that I did notice some fixes:

-MM seemed the most improved.No more problems during multiballs such as freezing/lagging/flickering etc. As well, the flipper gap 'seems' to have been improved as I had far more saves and ball control around them than I would have had in similar situations before. To the naked eye however, I wouldn't swear it is smaller, but the game-play , thus far,seems to indicate so. Jury's still out on any changes to the speedy Dragon ramp, but I just have rolled with that regardless.

-CV appears to have vastly improved that nasty right-side outlane. Far more often than before, the bumpers tend to throw the ball back towards the central playing area than straight down and out. Still occurs , but now seems to happen at a much more tolerable frequency,more like the real table I would imagine, and a lucky nudge may still save you.

I am pleased to see these very important fixes having been made on at least two very popular tables, so far.The previous bugs really made one want to avoid playing these tables as they greatly effected game play and made the possibility of a decent game nearly impossible. I tended just to practice making other shots, etc. until the patches came through. Gorgar , too , seems to be in fine shape now as far as I can tell.

I as surprised as you were to see that Black Knight's Magna-save button locations were unchanged as I recall a Farsight employee specifically mentioning them in a thread . Likely on the 'to do' list still, though, but for Ipad users , it will continue to be no save BK and I just ignore the game for now. Agree with you also on RATC song still not on CFTBL , but since the game plays well I can definitely wait for this as game play must take priority over lesser details in the immediate future.

Anyway, those were what I've noticed for now , and there may even be more. My thanks to Farsight for the important fixes-and in a reasonable time frame- that I've noted at least.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
To the best that I can remember I've always had the bleeped out "F" word on ios and on PS3.
I'd never had it before (not to say you're lying, just not my experience) but I'm sue I read from someone at FS that there *was* some censorship going on. Unless there's another, more vulgar line I've never heard on the actual machine that's been removed...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'd never had it before (not to say you're lying, just not my experience) but I'm sue I read from someone at FS that there *was* some censorship going on. Unless there's another, more vulgar line I've never heard on the actual machine that's been removed...
There are two versions of the ROM for Medieval Madness. One has Hurtz actually dropping the F-bomb; the other covers it up with a bleep. FarSight has used the bleeped version so as to maintain an E10+ rating.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Update: I ended up uninstalling TPA from my iPad and re-downloading it from the App Store. I backed up the score files first, but I haven't put them back in there yet, and I'm not sure if I'm going to bother. I'd like to be able to get the Game Center achievements I didn't get credit for before (like not getting credit for the standard goals after completing the wizard goals, at which point it's impossible to get the former).

As a FarSight employee (I forget who it was) suggested earlier in another thread, I signed up for a new FarSight leaderboard account using the same email address my Facebook account is registered under. (I don't recall reading anything to the effect that this was necessary in the first place; perhaps there should be a note on the signup page that lets people know about this, because this was the first I'd heard of it.) Anyway, having done so, my Facebook scores are now showing up under the nickname I picked, instead of under a separate account with my real name, so it looks like this worked. Even though my scores aren't listed on the tables themselves anymore, my highest scores are still preserved on the leaderboards (with the exception of the scores still being swapped between BH<-->TOM and FH<-->CV; I don't think I'll put much effort into any of those tables until that mess gets sorted out, as it seems likely any scores I get now will be wiped out when they're inevitably forced to reset those leaderboards). Long story short: when you sign up for the FarSight leaderboard, make sure you use the same email your Facebook account is attached to.

Having reinstall the app, all the tables (except the included ToTAN) redownloaded, and I'm now seeing the fixes that were supposed to show up in this update. Specifically:

1. MM gap does seem to be fixed. I just had a pretty decent game on my first try after the update. It's probably partly because my touch-to-nudge skills have improved quite a bit lately (did a few nice saves that I would have lost before), but I also had the general impression that I didn't *need* to nudge anywhere near as often to attempt saves SDTM. As I mentioned in a previous post, I never had the issue with the non-functioning lights (because I never did a force-re-download of MM before the update), but in any case they're (still) working fine now. The playfield art got a lot brighter again. To be honest, I liked the darker playfield, as it was easier to see which inserts were lit (and reminds me more of the lighting conditions in arcades, where I actually played the real table), but FarSight seems to have improved the brightness of the lighting to the point where the lights are able to stand out even on the brighter playfield, so it's not really a problem.

The dragon ramp bug seems to be fixed now — by which I mean, the one where the ball doesn't go all the way up to the top when damsel rescue is lit, but instead returns the usual way. It seems to be doing the right thing now. I haven't noticed any wicked fast returns from the dragon ramp either (though I only played one game so far.)

2. Gorgar texture is definitely fixed. The entire background looks really good now. (Well, I find the art style cheesy, but that's irrelevant. Point is, the textures themselves are very good quality now.)

3. Can't tell yet if the Cirqus Voltaire right-side drain situation has been improved, though it seems like a good sign that the ball went down that side a couple times without draining (previously it was pretty close to a 100% chance of losing the ball if it went anywhere past the right flipper's return lane). I do notice that the camera sometimes doesn't return to the plunger view when the ball is ready to be plunged though. Guess that's a new bug. (At least, I never noticed that one before.) I'll have to watch out for it and see if I can track down the steps that lead up to it. It only happened once so far, but the problem persisted for the next two plunges before the camera finally started returning to it properly again.

I don't know what fixes to look for in BoP. That one seemed to be working fine before.

Though it took a bit of manual effort to actually get the tables to update, my overall impression of 1.1.6 is pretty positive. Definitely a good idea to delete the app and re-install it, and I would recommend not trying to restore your scores. Those pba* files are binary data that represent more than just your scores (I believe they store the overall table state, including which of the standard/wizard goals you've unlocked). Better to just start fresh, I think.

jaiikaii

Aug 16, 2012
Since the two new tables came out my Cirqus Voltaire is having the same problem mentioned where it will only lock two balls for the highwire multiball and then do a ramp kick out and reset back to one ball locked. The new update has not helped and i today fully removed the game and installed it again to no avail. It has actually gotten worse for me now. The camera is misbehaving and not showing the plunger when it used to. Sometimes when i start a game it just pans the camera around a view of the table with no sound and won't even give me a ball to play with. I'm desperate to get it working again if anyone has any suggestions i haven't already tried. I'm playing on my Ipad 3.

Dagmar

Aug 17, 2012
New IPad iPad 3 5.1.1

Creature from the Black Lagoon
I know this has been mentioned before in the actual table forum but in Cftbl the ball goes through the right flipper coming out of the creature whirlpool when I'm trying to capture the ball. Happened to me in the last 2 games I played.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Not happy, was working through all the tables and got up to 37 in gamecentre, when I installed the update and lost all my scores. There must be a better way to store hi scores that doesn't mean you lose everything (ie check that the file doesn't exist first before deciding to overwrite the old high score table when you update!)

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
Did a complete uninstall/ reinstall. Noticed gamecenter didn't mark the standard goal completion achievement for MB when I completed it, also FH still has the issue with the overlapping audio. Using iPad 3rd gen. Still far and away my favorite app!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I thought the highscore entry was a bit better, but I got 500m on CFTBL this afternoon and it took something like 30 presses to move the cursor one letter. I tried slow & steady (wich usually works), and hammering away like I was playing track & field.

I'm wondering if the initial entry slowness is based on the length of the game, this was my best score to date - Grand Champion - ZZZ!!!!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I thought the highscore entry was a bit better, but I got 500m on CFTBL this afternoon and it took something like 30 presses to move the cursor one letter. I tried slow & steady (wich usually works), and hammering away like I was playing track & field.

I'm wondering if the initial entry slowness is based on the length of the game, this was my best score to date - Grand Champion - ZZZ!!!!

Same here, got the highest score today and had to spam the arrows like crazy to get it to move...

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I get this screen when starting and resuming TPA and it wont let me play... Anyone else get this?

The back and logout buttons don't work and I have to restart my iPad or close TPA from the memory to get it to work right.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I get this screen when starting and resuming TPA and it wont let me play... Anyone else get this?

The back and logout buttons don't work and I have to restart my iPad or close TPA from the memory to get it to work right.

I get the same thing. I do exactly what you do to get it working. I hope this gets fixed. Doesn't ruin the game, but it is a hassle.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
- MM looks way better. nice and bright again.
- MM dragon ramp still has very occasional weird ball reverse-direction thing, but not as often as before, and the ball no longer fails to go into the tower. the occasional unexpected super-speedy release to the flipper is still present, so be on your toes.
- MM flipper gap is resolved as far as i'm concerned. the peasant ramp is no longer near-guaranteed death if it rolls back down. phew.
- gorgar looks much better.
- CV seems less infuriating, haha.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
- MM looks way better. nice and bright again.
- MM dragon ramp still has very occasional weird ball reverse-direction thing, but not as often as before, and the ball no longer fails to go into the tower. the occasional unexpected super-speedy release to the flipper is still present, so be on your toes.
- MM flipper gap is resolved as far as i'm concerned. the peasant ramp is no longer near-guaranteed death if it rolls back down. phew.
- gorgar looks much better.
- CV seems less infuriating, haha.

Yes, MM's brightness is finally back to normal.

Though, I find the Pheasant ram a good way for the ball to SDTM if it just just the right amount of force where it's too fast for the bottom redirectors, but too slow to go all the way.

Physics seem a bit "off" though, and some shots are much harder (notably, the catapult.

But at least I have MM!

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
There is no way I'm deleting the app again for the Updated tables so hopefully the next release will mandate a re-download or we'll get a control/option that does this.

Cleared all wizard goals on Gorgar Thursday, so I'm still enjoying it regardless!

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
I’m definitely noticing that the ball has a tendency to go through geometry a lot in this version.

On Black Hole, going to lock the ball in the left captive hole has had it shoot through and end up on the lower playfield.
On Cirqus Voltaire, I’ve had the ball shoot out the top of the table in the Cannon Ball Run.
On Medieval Madness, I’ve had the ball get stuck in the drawbridge while it was still up.
In general, I have seen the ball pass through the flippers when things are going really fast.

I’m still seeing other general bugs such as Tales of the Arabian Nights not registering skill shots at all (you get the ramp animation, but not the hit/miss) menu bugs such as Monster Bash being stuck on the “Enter Your Initials” UI after starting a new game and wanting to plunge the ball.
Black Hole often locks the camera in place, scores some points before I even plunge the ball, and when I do, is locked to the plunge camera until the first ball is lost.

There is no way I'm deleting the app again for the Updated tables so hopefully the next release will mandate a re-download or we'll get a control/option that does this.

Cleared all wizard goals on Gorgar Thursday, so I'm still enjoying it regardless!
This worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.