Is there or is there not a reasonable chance to get The Addams Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Just out of curiosity, if TAF was announced as table for TPA, what would you do... Jump in excitement or something else?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I would start a poll about how many people know about the Olive Garden. Unfortunately I lost the ability to jump a couple of years ago.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Start talking about telling Disney how we can get Pirates of the Caribean, Tron Lagacy, Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure, Star Wars, and Star Wars Trilogy Pinball Machines on Farsight's The Pinball Arcade APP.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Okay, that's funny enough that I'm gonna bring it up with the other moderators!

You guys could merge every single TAF request thread and sticky it in the unreleased tables section (assuming the forum didn't implode upon itself with that many threads being merged). If nothing else it would be amusing to see how many posts that amounted to..

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
No...
We need to flood the **** out of the forum until farsight releases the game.
You heard me... I'm going to take hostages, who's with me?
^^

lapaille

Apr 4, 2014
I remember playing it twenty years ago and it was fun, I'm pretty sure we'll get it at some point, patience patience, we have so many great tables to play with while waiting.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
No...
We need to flood the **** out of the forum until farsight releases the game.
You heard me... I'm going to take hostages, who's with me?
^^

I don't think FarSight will care if you flood the asterisks out of this forum.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I am really looking forward to this game if it ever shows up.

but i want in on the tuning. :)

I know how the game should play at factory slope. I've played at least three perfect TAF machines that all played the same. I've put in many quarters into the thing.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
Getting Addams Family on TPA, huh? The only part FS may have difficulty with is the licensing of the table. It may cost them an arm and [maybe] a leg just to get legal permission to use AF for TPA.

Addams Family was a popular series and, like other popular series like Star Wars & Disney, have very expensive licensing fees if other companies (in this case, FS) want to use them for their own use (in this case, TPA). It was bad enough they can never get tables like Star Wars or Iron Man on TPA.

As I always say, the bigger the company, the more money they demand.

Bruttus

Dec 27, 2013
Getting Addams Family on TPA, huh? The only part FS may have difficulty with is the licensing of the table. It may cost them an arm and [maybe] a leg just to get legal permission to use AF for TPA.

Addams Family was a popular series and, like other popular series like Star Wars & Disney, have very expensive licensing fees if other companies (in this case, FS) want to use them for their own use (in this case, TPA). It was bad enough they can never get tables like Star Wars or Iron Man on TPA.

As I always say, the bigger the company, the more money they demand.

Given the popularity of the table it would be a safe bet that any kickstarter for TAF will be funded with plenty to spare unless the cost would be astronomical....

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
What is the likelihood of the golden limited edition making the cut over the standard version? I think we'd all prefer the limited.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Well if it ever gets to kickstarter, be prepared to pledge deep for this privilege.

I'm prepared to.

I really am looking forward to it, but not if it's the typical Lawlor super easy tuned table that they usually put out. All of them have been really easy so far. Touring the Mansion should be a huge accomplishment, worthy of being a wizard goal. Getting the second multiball should be really challenging, and also worthy of a wizard goal, because that vault shot is a *****, requiring a shot on the fly when there's no reliable way to feed the required flipper to do it or a good flail off the chair (doable 25% of the time or so). Failed bear kick ramps should have a 1 in three chance (or greater) of going down the middle. And a good 75% of all attempts to loop that bear kick ramp should fail. It should be makeable from a trap on the right, but still not easy. but it should be easy from the left one, and the vault hard. Also the rebounds off the swamp targets should have a relatively high degree of randomness, because of the construction of the area. This is because the train wreck rebounds into them, and the ball should be totally wild by that point. it's not called that for no reason, because the rebound will put you dangerously close to, if not in, the left outlane. but sometimes you can get lucky and not get burned for a while.

In real life the table is fairly brutal, but the theme is just so well integrated that you just keep coming back to it and want to master it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.