Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
We found a place about 20 mins away called Blainbrook (bowling alley) that has over 150 tables
holy s#%# that should have said over 50 tables! Not 150! I hate typing on this iPad. Thought I should correct that before people start making road trips LOL. We estimated about 55 tables. Next time I'll try to proof-read a bit better before I hit send. Sorry!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You guys might want to direct your conversation to THIS thread. There are people subscribed to this news thread and are currently getting notifications on your conversation. Thanks. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here are a few new things you may want to add, PW:

"The EU release is in the submission process. We hope that it will be accepted and released within a few weeks."

"The next Mac update will be available in May. It will include the first DLC pack of Medieval Madness and Bride. The improved rendering tech is planned for the June update."

"The next Android update has major performance improvements."

Regarding camera settings: "We've built this into the save file, so each new update should save your table preferences."

"We will be overhauling the mechanical sounds and adding more bass. These new sounds will be added to the June updates."

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here are a few new things you may want to add, PW:

"The EU release is in the submission process. We hope that it will be accepted and released within a few weeks."

"The next Mac update will be available in May. It will include the first DLC pack of Medieval Madness and Bride. The improved rendering tech is planned for the June update."

"The next Android update has major performance improvements."

Regarding camera settings: "We've built this into the save file, so each new update should save your table preferences."

"We will be overhauling the mechanical sounds and adding more bass. These new sounds will be added to the June updates."

Thanks for all the info Jeff. I'll update as soon as I get home.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Anybody know if Farsight is going to be at the pinball convention in Seattle in early June? I'll be there and would love to meet the Farsight guys.

Tabe

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Updated information on the PS3/PS Vita European releases and the next Android/Mac updates plus added information on the PS3 Demo, improved mechanical sounds and saving table preferences.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
That's a pleasant surprise about the sound effects work, especially with more bass be added. I hope that can make the Replay sound hit better. I played a real Ripley's last weekend and the Replay "clank" scared the crap out of me.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added the latest information on the Nintendo 3DS, PC, PS3 (EU) and PS Vita (EU) releases.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added more information on the next Android and iOS updates plus information on tournaments and controller support for devices.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
And they've got the new DMD visuals. Nice work Mike! Will this filter be making its way to other tables, too?

My imagination, or have they tilted the DMD panel in order to make it more visible for digital gaming? (Not complaining; just an observation.)

I'm presuming the darkness of the video is due to YouTube?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added release time frames for the next Android, iOS and Mac updates.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Thx Pin Wiz for the updates. I can't wait for the new 2 tables.
Keep up the good news!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
And they've got the new DMD visuals. Nice work Mike! Will this filter be making its way to other tables, too?

My imagination, or have they tilted the DMD panel in order to make it more visible for digital gaming? (Not complaining; just an observation.)

I'm presuming the darkness of the video is due to YouTube?

Yes it'll be on all the tables with DMDs, even the tables already released.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Pin Wiz, would it be possible or practical to put a date when the first post is updated. It gets confusing when there is a reference to a date in the future but no way to know when the post was written. (If something says expect an update in a few weeks, we can't tell a few weeks from when.) Thanks for all you've done so far.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Will it be in the update with the Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse DLC pack or a future update?

It's part of the "patch" that will come out at the same time as the DLC. The change is actually in the rendering code for the DMD (which is why it's global to all tables), it really had nothing to do with Cirqus, other than that's the first table I had it working on, and the first table we've shown it on. :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Pin Wiz, would it be possible or practical to put a date when the first post is updated. It gets confusing when there is a reference to a date in the future but no way to know when the post was written. (If something says expect an update in a few weeks, we can't tell a few weeks from when.) Thanks for all you've done so far.

If you follow my News post closely you'll notice that if I put "available in two weeks" this week, the next week I'll change it to "available next week." I try my best to keep the timing correct so that no matter when you read my News post, the release date will still reflect the same time frame. I try and refrain from posting hard dates cause I'll never be exact on those since I have no idea the exact date an update will be approved.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It's part of the "patch" that will come out at the same time as the DLC. The change is actually in the rendering code for the DMD (which is why it's global to all tables), it really had nothing to do with Cirqus, other than that's the first table I had it working on, and the first table we've shown it on. :D

Thanks for the info Mike.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Mike, not sure if you can answer this or not, but...

Does FarSight have to pay Microsoft for Certification for each DLC Table?

And Sony?

(Please note I'm not asking for details, or monetary amounts. I'm just curious as to what hoops small developers have to go through on the consoles.)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.