Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Aw crap, I should have figured that one out! lol Can't wait to see some video footage of CV. Also the improved Funhouse, but more excited about CV right now.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added "DLC Tables Pack #2 Release Dates and Pricing" section under "General Information."

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
CV and FH were just announced as the next 2 tables!
Yes. Yes! YES!

My local arcade has about 70 tables, but they have no Cirqus Voltaire. Out of all my favorite tables, it's the one machine that I can't currently play either on TPA, on the Williams Collection, or in real life. So pardon me while I bounce off the walls at the news that it's arriving earlier than I expected in the TPA lineup. :D

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
For the PS3, will the new tables always lag 1 month behind in Europe or is there the plan to align the releases?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The only way to align the releases is to postpone their apple/android certification. Apple/android certing takes about a week. MS/Sony a month.

The wya it is now the mobile platforms can provide feedback sooner so FS can respond quicker. I wouldnt expect them to change it much. Maybe MS/Sony will make the certification quicker as they get to deal with FS more and more, but otherwise I wouldnt expect much change.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
UPDATE : Added "DLC Tables Pack #2 Release Dates and Pricing" section under "General Information."

Where does ' towards the end of may ' come from? I thought they just said sometime in may so I'm hoping for early may for ios.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Where does ' towards the end of may ' come from? I thought they just said sometime in may so I'm hoping for early may for ios.

The next DLC tables should be available on all platforms and devices by the end of May. Android, iOS and Mac may see an earlier release, but there is no way of knowing for sure.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
1 month behind the mobile platforms is fine with me but right now the EU release on the PS3 has been delayed by some weeks. :(
I was wondering if Farsight will release the DLC in the US and in the EU at the same time in future for the PS3.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
1 month behind the mobile platforms is fine with me but right now the EU release on the PS3 has been delayed by some weeks. :(
I was wondering if Farsight will release the DLC in the US and in the EU at the same time in future for the PS3.

I'm going to assume that FarSight will submit all future DLC to SCEA and SCEE at the same time for approval which means DLC for US and EU should be released relatively close to each other on the PS3/PS Vita, but I'll let someone from FarSight confirm this for you.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This would be awsome if us console folks get 4 table in May, that is what their doing right PIN Wiz if so can't wait.

If Microsoft and Sony approve the second batch of DLC tables in time, then yes, consoles should see four DLC tables in May.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes. Yes! YES!

My local arcade has about 70 tables, but they have no Cirqus Voltaire. Out of all my favorite tables, it's the one machine that I can't currently play either on TPA, on the Williams Collection, or in real life. So pardon me while I bounce off the walls at the news that it's arriving earlier than I expected in the TPA lineup. :D

You have an arcade near you with 70 tables? Damn you're luck! There isn't 70 tables in my whole city!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's about 30 minutes away, and it's not an actual arcade...it's a private collector who allows the public access to his collection (for a nominal charge to cover his operating and maintenance costs) two weekends each month. I just called it an arcade because it's simpler. It's probably a very good thing it's not open all the time, since I'd probably be out of a job by now if it was!

Still, I'm not complaining. :)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
You have an arcade near you with 70 tables? Damn you're luck! There isn't 70 tables in my whole city!

There is 7 I know of in my town, 4 of which are in places where you smoke pot (75% of tables are in those so called "coffeeshops" in Holland) and while I dont'care about marihuana-usage, I rather not play in a smokefilled hole ^^

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
We found a place about 20 mins away called Blainbrook (bowling alley) that has over 150 tables. Been hitting it on weekends ever since Jeff Strong told me about the pinball locator site. No CV but they've got just about everything else.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
^ I live in South Dakota. I feel a 5 hour drive in my future to get to that slice of Heaven.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
We found a place about 20 mins away called Blainbrook (bowling alley) that has over 150 tables. Been hitting it on weekends ever since Jeff Strong told me about the pinball locator site. No CV but they've got just about everything else.

Blainbrook, is that right off of 65 in Blaine? I think I'm making a trip up to Ham Lake within the next week or so, I might want to stop on by.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Blainbrook, is that right off of 65 in Blaine? I think I'm making a trip up to Ham Lake within the next week or so, I might want to stop on by.
That's the place! I can't believe I've lived here this long and never knew about it. Talked to the owner a bit about all the tables. He said his dream was to own an entertainment complex. I said "If I ever hit the lottery this is exactly what I would do!" LOL. We've been hitting the place every weekend since we found it. Most tables were in really good shape and the owner himself seemed to be doing maintenence on the machines every time we were there.

BTW, they have tournaments every Sunday I believe and also a kind of "club" that meets and plays once a week for 10 weeks I think. The meetings group costs like $65.00. I would have signed up but my schedule is too busy to commit to 10 weeks on a weeknight with work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online