Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Mike, not sure if you can answer this or not, but...

Does FarSight have to pay Microsoft for Certification for each DLC Table?

And Sony?

(Please note I'm not asking for details, or monetary amounts. I'm just curious as to what hoops small developers have to go through on the consoles.)

Cheers.

FarSight stated that they have to pay for each submission they make.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Ilove what they've done with Circus Voltaire, but i have on little gripe. I don't like what the ringmaster looks like, he looks nothing like the real pinball toy that i've seen about 4 miles from me. I'm not bashing it or anything, the light show is unbelievable and i love the total look of the game. Just the toy, has anybody else played the real thing and noticed the ringmaster. I also noticed the Flippers seem to spread appart also, maybe once i play the game it won't bother me. But all in all the rst of the game right on, the video mode and the voices and sound, music everything else is fantastic just the ringmaster and that's it for me. Farsight you have done an awsome job with this game and it looks really good and shows it, i can't wait to see what the day mode looks like. Also are we going to be able to change the colors on the floresent bulbs, I would like to see blue or green rather then red. Well thanks very much and Mike if you read this, the game it's self is crazy.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks bavelb, I didn't realize their were two of them. I was getting ready to talk to John Popaduik about it, then i saw your post. Yes i talk to John quite a bit and he told me the long story about circus voltaire and how it started, I have him on my facebook page just so you know. Well thanks again know i like it a lot more knowing that.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah it looks like the right one to me...

w8432u.jpg

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Yea, I noticed they used the collar of the right one, but face of the left

Looks better than either imo, but for the purists I guess it could be "annoying".

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
From facebook, to some blokes comment he couldnt connect through facebook:

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Please contact support@pinballarcade.com for assistance. Most players have been able to properly access the features through Facebook. If it's of any comfort, we will be offering an alternative way to login to our leaderboards within a couple of months as well as adding Game Center features

Seems more definitive than previous statements
e:link
http://www.facebook.com/pinballarca...ts/403886072965792?notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Does that mean we can disable the Facebook login message every time the game launches? I hope...

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
You can probably add Ace High and Central Park the the confirmed upcoming list. Back around January, I believe, I said "Ace High" on their facebook page and they responded that they were really curious to see how well Ace High and Central Park would do and that they would probably package them together. Also, I asked them if they will do any other EM tables, and they said that they plan on doing a few Bally ones. And somewhere else down the road, they said that they would have a poll where fans can vote on which EMs to include.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You can probably add Ace High and Central Park the the confirmed upcoming list. Back around January, I believe, I said "Ace High" on their facebook page and they responded that they were really curious to see how well Ace High and Central Park would do and that they would probably package them together. Also, I asked them if they will do any other EM tables, and they said that they plan on doing a few Bally ones. And somewhere else down the road, they said that they would have a poll where fans can vote on which EMs to include.

I'm still in the process of getting confirmation on which tables from the Gottlieb Collection are going to see a future release on The Pinball Arcade. I'll post the confirmed Gottlieb tables as soon as I receive confirmation.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I'm still in the process of getting confirmation on which tables from the Gottlieb Collection are going to see a future release on The Pinball Arcade. I'll post the confirmed Gottlieb tables as soon as I receive confirmation.

I hope they have plans for some more Gottlieb games that aren't in the PHoF collection. It wasn't confirmed, but Farsight mentioned that they like Haunted House, so I hope it comes. Telling by other Farsight posts, it sounds like they plan to bring the other Gottlieb Hall of Fame EMs and Strikes and Spares (system 3 SS, bowling pinball redemption).

I hope they go for some more obscure and rare stuff in between the more popular stuff. I know it's the popular stuff that gets sales and it's hard work to make tables, but there's a lot of good stuff that wouldn't come otherwise. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in requests to only do newer tables because there's a variety of good older tables, some of the best are over 10 years old, and some newer Sterns vary in quality (though they have some very good ones).

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I hope they have plans for some more Gottlieb games that aren't in the PHoF collection. It wasn't confirmed, but Farsight mentioned that they like Haunted House, so I hope it comes. Telling by other Farsight posts, it sounds like they plan to bring the other Gottlieb Hall of Fame EMs and Strikes and Spares (system 3 SS, bowling pinball redemption).

Strikes 'N Spares is coming, but haven't heard anything on any redemption games being released. FarSight's focus is on tables that have potential for high sales which is why they have yet to make a decision on which tables from the Gottlieb Collection they want to release on The Pinball Arcade since the table selection on that collection wasn't very strong.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Strikes 'N Spares is coming, but haven't heard anything on any redemption games being released.

I used parentheses to empathize I was talking about Strikes 'n Spares. It is a redemption game, according to ipdb. And I think it's a bit rude that I get told they focus on sales every time I give my opinion that they shouldn't only bring games with high sales. I don't want to see crappy pins, but there are plenty of great games out there that get overlooked and wouldn't be known unless they got released. I know it's a catch 22, but I find it disappointing that certain collections only focused on the mainstream, while overlooking other great games. I'm ok with it being further down, but I think it with balance out if they are packaged with well known games.

Also, many EMs have been very popular and still have a following. Some of them like Royal Flush have production numbers over 10,000.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I was referring to Strikes 'n Spares. It is a redemption game, according to ipdb.

Sorry Brian, you are correct, Strikes 'N Spares is indeed a redemption table. Also, it wasn't my intent to be rude, but to merely share information I have on The Pinball Arcade which isn't always going to be what everyone wants to hear. I don't want to give people false hope by posting inaccurate and incomplete information. Again, my apologies.

Last edited:

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It's alright. I actually like all of the games in the Gottlieb collection, though I agree it could have been better. I'm glad Black Hole made it at least. Ace High and Central Park are actually two of my favorites from the collection. I definitely want to see Genie and Tee'd Off again as well, especially with some of the inaccuracies in the PHoF versions.

I do not purposely post inaccurate or incomplete information. I was only going by a post from Farsight I read on facebook. I know it's not 100% confirmed, but they did make posts suggesting they plan to bring the Gottlieb EMs from Pinball Hall of Fame when the EMs come around. I'll wait for a confirmation to see what will come, but I'm only going by what I was previously told.

Last edited:

maaron82773

May 7, 2012
Personally my favorite tables are the SS machines from the late 70's - early 80's so I was very pleased to see Black Hole in the original group of tables to be released.

My favorite table is Gottlieb's Haunted House from 1982. I really hope this table gets some serious consideration for inclusion in TPA.

The only recreation of Haunted House I'm aware of is in the old "Microsoft Pinball Arcade" and it is 2D and not very good.

Please consider Haunted House for inclusion FarSight, Please...

Also getting more of those early SS machines in there would be great also.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Personally my favorite tables are the SS machines from the late 70's - early 80's so I was very pleased to see Black Hole in the original group of tables to be released.

My favorite table is Gottlieb's Haunted House from 1982. I really hope this table gets some serious consideration for inclusion in TPA.

The only recreation of Haunted House I'm aware of is in the old "Microsoft Pinball Arcade" and it is 2D and not very good.

Please consider Haunted House for inclusion FarSight, Please...

Also getting more of those early SS machines in there would be great also.

I hope more Gottlieb tables come too. I tried asking Farsight if they had any non PHoF tables planned, but didn't get an answer. To be honest, while Strikes 'n Spares sounds fun, there are other Gottlieb games I rather see. I'm willing to bet that some of their EMs like Royal Flush and early SS games like Haunted House would sell better than Strikes 'n Spares, as well.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If they are going to release a bowling themed game, I would rather they release Williams' Triple Strike. I actually have a video of me demoing my modest cabinet setup in the thread on VP, it's a really simple and fast game but brutal and demanding. I've had games last me 20 minutes + (I deem this an EPIC game) and i've had entire games last me maybe 30 seconds...plunge-drain-plunge-drain. Easily the most gruelling but fun and addictive pinball game I've ever played and easily placed in my top 3 all time tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts