Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Well the excuse of making the download size too big is moot, seeing as Apple upped the over the air download limit to 50MB, which should be plenty of room for extra textures.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
FarSight stated they're not currently able to do the advanced lighting on iOS devices because it would cause performance issues or make the download size too big:

Yeah seems a bit of a cop out, seeing as Zen Pinball on iOS has similar lighting!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If anyone from FarSight sees anything wrong with or would like to add information to the first post, feel free to inbox me or post corrections or additions here. I would like to keep the information as fresh and as accurate as possible. Thanks.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : The Mac version is AVAILABLE NOW...details are available in the first post.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : FarSight just confirmed that the next Android update will be available next week. Exact date TBD. Also, FarSight has already submitted the next iOS update to Apple and should be available soon.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I really hope Farsight gets the iOS update and the 360/PS3 versions released on the planned dates.. They're getting so much negative posts on FB now which they really do not deserve imo...

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
FYI. The option to purchase the DLC tables is included in the incoming iOS update.

The Pinball Arcade - "The update (along with the new tables!) was submitted to Apple today."

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
FYI. The option to purchase the DLC tables is included in the incoming iOS update.

The Pinball Arcade - "The update (along with the new tables!) was submitted to Apple today."

Nice. Hopefully they're successful in getting Apple to expedite it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I really hope Farsight gets the iOS update and the 360/PS3 versions released on the planned dates.. They're getting so much negative posts on FB now which they really do not deserve imo...

There is a combination of so many trolls and so many impatient, ignorant and/or lazy posters that the fb page is nearly unreadable anymore.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Farsight in reference to the PS3 release date: "We will know for sure by Tuesday!"

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Why is there absolutely no information about the PC version on the first post? We all know it won't be out for a while, but the total lack of info implies there is no PC version coming out at all.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
PC : FarSight is shooting for a May or June release assuming they can get approval from Valve. Everyone can help speed up the approval process by contacting Valve HERE and putting "Bring The Pinball Arcade To Steam" in the subject box.

Well, there is that ^^^^

.....but yeah, it's not much....

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Hmmm I didn't notice that at first but I see it now.

Still, it should be in the

"COMING SOON for : Xbox 360, PS3 and Vita"

section. People may register, go to the first page, notice that part, and say "OMG PC version isn't listed. It must not be coming out on the PC. Looks like I can't buy it after all.' Then they'd leave the forum altogether without bothering to look at the rest of the post and see the PC part.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : After taking Freelance's post into consideration, I have added an "Announced for" section to avoid confusion of platforms and devices that have been announced but are not yet considered as coming soon. Thanks for the feedback Freelance.

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks again PinWiz for keeping us all up to date!
It's great only having to look in one place for all the info.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks again PinWiz for keeping us all up to date!
It's great only having to look in one place for all the info.

You're quite welcome. When I originally started this thread, it was merely to compile a flurry of news tidbits that FarSight released just 11 short days ago. I never imagined it would turn into what you see now, but I'm glad people are finding it useful and I'll continue to update this thread to keep everyone up to date with all the latest information.

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Yes, I can't wait. I wil have it for my PS3 and PSVITA.
I have to buy it ones and i can play it on my PSVITA en PS3.
Thx again.

I'm a big FAN....

Greetingzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts