Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I'm just as impatient to dl them as anyone but that's no reason to be a dick. Got to play mm and bop on my gal's galaxy s2 and now I'm REALLY dying to get it on my ipad2 and PS3. I agree with the above.

Last edited:

Araxen

Mar 21, 2012
Is the PS3/Vita getting the two new DLC tables along with the initial release tables on Tuesday?

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I saw may floating around for the ps3 dlc of bop and mm but that may not have been official.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Has a reason been given why it was rejected? I would've thought that a content and minor product update would get approved quicker than the original app, unless there's something really horrible in it.

Edit: In lieu of the guys coming in here to give an update (probably understandably busy!) I found this on their FB:
It was rejected because Apple wants us to implement a "Restore Purchases" button instead of checking automatically to see if a user has purchased tables. Which is fine, except that the previous two iOS versions worked the same way and Apple never had a problem with it until now. We've appealed the rejection and we think there's a good chance it will be reversed. Worst case we'll have to resubmit Monday and the process will start over. It's as frustrating for us are for you- maybe more so, actually!
Blows, but at least it's simple and not core application related. Hopefully it'll either get reversed or they'll flick a switch and get quicker approval.

Last edited:

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
@Mike. Farsight reported that the dlc for 360/PS3/Vita has been submitted to Microsoft/Sony for approval and that they're hoping for a release beginning of May.

Last edited:

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks Jan, I went out yesterday and grabbed a $20 PSN card for the occasion. Cannot wait for Tuesday.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
Hope the process goes more smoothly for Farsight this time. Can hardly wait to play the new tables!

May, huh? Hopefully not too close to Zen's release of Avengers Chronicles.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Has a reason been given why it was rejected? I would've thought that a content and minor product update would get approved quicker than the original app, unless there's something really horrible in it.

Edit: In lieu of the guys coming in here to give an update (probably understandably busy!) I found this on their FB:

Blows, but at least it's simple and not core application related. Hopefully it'll either get reversed or they'll flick a switch and get quicker approval.

Really can't believe Apple rejected it for not having this option, when the last versions did not have it and they never mentioned it previously. At least they could have told them to put it for future updates. It is Apple's fault ultimately that the previous version that does not work on iPad 3 was approved (they clearly didn't test it), so you would think they would want that fix out ASAP. Hopefully the appeal is accepted, or else it will be at least another week :mad:...

Cowboy

Feb 23, 2012
I agree....I'm glad Apple monitors these apps so closely for spyware, malware and viruses...but this seems to harsh.

To let them fix it on the next update sounds totally fair to me !

Jucksalbe

Mar 27, 2012
A month later? You have got to be kidding me. Farsight, you're not making it easy for me to be excited about your game.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Really!! You are kidding me! Where is FarSight offical announcment on this?. Havent seen anything on their facebook page!, What reason have they given??

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It does say localized, so hopefully thats in the non-english speaking countries.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Damn, it would just be nice to be kept in the loop wouldnt it!?, by either posting on their facebook page, or here's any idea one of the farsight members on this very forum starting a thread letting us know whats happening and why. Is that really too much to ask??

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
MAJOR UPDATE : Added too much information to list here, so read and enjoy. :) By the way, the first post is back on track with continuous updates as new information becomes available.

Thanks Jan for holding down the fort while I was out. :)

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
It's April 10th. Has anyone found TPA in the Playstation Store? I just checked briefly before heading to work and didn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.