LAYOUT ISSUE : Flippers Are A Little Too Far Apart

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It's a control scheme issue, we're looking into a way to do it on the phones. Consoles shouldn't have any of those problems because the flipper and plunger controls are always active.

I know Zen has an action button for the iOS Zen Pinball for places where the plunger, the start button, or an alternate plunger are used. It's not perfect, but it does the job. Maybe a view of the plunger meter that can be controlled by touch and everywhere else on the screen for using the flippers before the ball is launced? A small button at the bottom of the screen for troll bombs?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
^^ This

I was thinking the same thing...just a button that is only there for basic functions since you wouldn't need fine tuned precision for things like troll bombs, just need to be able to hit a button, make it somewhere out of the way so that you don't hit it accidentally, no harder than changing cameras i guess.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mike or anyone at Farsight: any word on when we can expect a fix for this? I would think it would be pretty high priority since it's the table of the month.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'll bet the earliest we'll see a fix for MM is with the next DLC update for Android and iOS.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike or anyone at Farsight: any word on when we can expect a fix for this? I would think it would be pretty high priority since it's the table of the month.

The issue where they are 2 far apart, or the control issue? I dont know about the spacing issue, but I believe they were looking into the controls problem.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The issue where they are 2 far apart, or the control issue? I dont know about the spacing issue, but I believe they were looking into the controls problem.

I was asking about the spacing issue. Please let us know if you hear anything on that. Thanks, Mike.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
On that note, what are the chances of any bugfixes (at least, obvious ones such as this, the drawbridge and the ramp speed) being patched outside of table updates? It's a little frustrating discovering a bug and knowing that it'll be a month before it's fixed.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
An update is coming. Today perhaps.

If you beta tested the upcoming iOS update, did FarSight address the flipper spacing on the iOS version? This wasn't addressed on the Android version as of the latest update.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I know Zen has an action button for the iOS Zen Pinball for places where the plunger, the start button, or an alternate plunger are used. It's not perfect, but it does the job. Maybe a view of the plunger meter that can be controlled by touch and everywhere else on the screen for using the flippers before the ball is launced? A small button at the bottom of the screen for troll bombs?

Apps like Sixaxis Controller (Android) can map screen regions to controller buttons (new beta feature introduced recently). If Farsight implement a consistent virtual button interface across all tables, then we can finally get controller play for things like flipper buttons, tilt, buy-in, etc.

Looking forward to seeing the way this is implemented @Mike Reitmeyer

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Has anybody noticed if the gap has been fixed in the Vita version? It seems as if FS isn't going to fix it. From what I gather, they think it's just a graphical glitch and that the collision detection of the flippers are actually correct. This is wrong. And considering that there have been no fix yet on the iOS after two updates, my fear is FS thinks it's our collective imagination and will continue to ignore it. I'm really not happy about that prospect. I was really looking forward to MM and I can't stand it's current incarnation. I was really enjoying CV, until they "fixed" the outlanes. I hope they don't "fix" TotAN and ToM and make them, oh I don't know, blurry.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Has anybody noticed if the gap has been fixed in the Vita version? It seems as if FS isn't going to fix it. From what I gather, they think it's just a graphical glitch and that the collision detection of the flippers are actually correct. This is wrong. And considering that there have been no fix yet on the iOS after two updates, my fear is FS thinks it's our collective imagination and will continue to ignore it. I'm really not happy about that prospect. I was really looking forward to MM and I can't stand it's current incarnation. I was really enjoying CV, until they "fixed" the outlanes. I hope they don't "fix" TotAN and ToM and make them, oh I don't know, blurry.

Unfortunately it looks like they are still spaced to far apart on the Vita version as well. I really fully expected this issue to be fixed before they released a new version of this table.

Abdullah786

Jun 10, 2012
Yup, the real table's flippers are moved in more...

proof,
1idd1c.gif

Also the apron decals are off...

Good call mate!

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
This problem is also in the Vita version as well. The rotational axis points don't even line up where the holes in the playfield would be.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well MM is newly released on Vita this week and it has this problem too.
Surprised me, I was really expecting that it would be fixed and not released broken.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, another update for iOS has been released and the grand canyon is still there. FarSight, could you please tell us whether you plan to fix this or not? I need to know if I'm going to stop buying tables from here on in. Extreme reaction? Perhaps. I just think it stinks that one of the most popular and enjoyable tables ever is just not fun in its current form.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.