LAYOUT ISSUE : Flippers Are A Little Too Far Apart

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
I have an update for you guys for MM. The flipper issue is being addressed and will be updated and fixed within the next few days as I understand it. The way it will work for the iOS is that instead of an actual AppStore update, the res files will be updated into the control server for the table. What this means is that the game will have to be deleted and reinstalled and downloaded, once that is done the flipper fix and a few other issues will already be in place. This is for those that own the table already. For those that have not bought it, it will be available when purchased and the fix will already exist in the table. I will keep you all posted as to when this will be completed, so there's no need to go deleting your tables just yet. But I will let you all know first thing when I find out, and the exact process on how to do it.

-Jake

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I have an update for you guys for MM. The flipper issue is being addressed and will be updated and fixed within the next few days as I understand it. The way it will work for the iOS is that instead of an actual AppStore update, the res files will be updated into the control server for the table. What this means is that the game will have to be deleted and reinstalled and downloaded, once that is done the flipper fix and a few other issues will already be in place. This is for those that own the table already. For those that have not bought it, it will be available when purchased and the fix will already exist in the table. I will keep you all posted as to when this will be completed, so there's no need to go deleting your tables just yet. But I will let you all know first thing when I find out, and the exact process on how to do it.

-Jake

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this issue has been corrected in the PS Vita version? If you look at the screenshot below you can clearly see that the rotation axis of the flipper does not line up with where the hole in the playfield would be. Also, I have browsed other photos of the table and noticed that the tip of the flipper should be overlapping the point between the three rocks just to the right of the shoot again light. It appears that they are indeed to far apart.

NLDtnl.jpg

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

-Jake

I don't want to be ungrateful as this has needed fixing for a while but you do realise all local scoreboards and wizard goals are lost when deleting/reinstalling the app? There's got to be another way to update a table surely? Can't it be brought in like previous table fixes where we just have to re-download any tables that have had changes with the next update? This table still has a few other issues that need fixing, namely the playfield lights are way too dim since the update that darkened the whole table, also the rear flashers still don't work. Do you know if these problems are on the todo list?

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I don't want to be ungrateful as this has needed fixing for a while but you do realise all local scoreboards and wizard goals are lost when deleting/reinstalling the app? There's got to be another way to update a table surely? Can't it be brought in like previous table fixes where we just have to re-download any tables that have had changes with the next update? This table still has a few other issues that need fixing, namely the playfield lights are way too dim since the update that darkened the whole table, also the rear flashers still don't work. Do you know if these problems are on the todo list?

This will be a quick fix for those who want to play the fixed table now vs. waiting for the next update. Also, there are ways to back up your save files if you want to go the re-download route.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Perhaps we can just delete the MM table file via Gord's method?

Edit: what PW said :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
There are ways around it, I just wanted to point out that this shouldn't become the norm or even be suggested by the devs, SJ would turn over in his grave!

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
PW is correct. Those are the best ways to keep what's yours. My suggestion was just for those who didn't want to wait for the next update, but PW has much better ideas than I.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
PW is correct. Those are the best ways to keep what's yours. My suggestion was just for those who didn't want to wait for the next update, but PW has much better ideas than I.
Hi Jake. You must be one of the new testers Ryan was talking about. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for starting the epic triage on issues not yet seen by FS. :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

Somehow, I find that hard to believe... :)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

Wouldnt that cause issues for those with the Free version app. As the Free app isn't available at the moment with the "App of the week" thing?

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
High scores deleted is not a big deal, cause the ones are set on a table whats different after updating.

Or do you mean, the high scores are dleted from all tables when you only delete and re-download MM?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's local scores plus wizard goals, the latter could be a big issue if you've spent hours and hours unlocking wizard goals.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Jake, since you guys were working on the the flipper gap for MM, did you guys also get the flippers to pivot from the center of the rounded end of the flipper instead of the top of the rounded end (which made the flippers move unrealistically)? The odd flipper movement is also present on TOTAN, MM, Gorgar and the right flipper on FH.

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
Jake, since you guys were working on the the flipper gap for MM, did you guys also get the flippers to pivot from the center of the rounded end of the flipper instead of the top of the rounded end (which made the flippers move unrealistically)? The odd flipper movement is also present on TOTAN, MM, Gorgar and the right flipper on FH.

I just had a chat with one of our senior artists and he was surprised to see the other tables with that issue, but he's getting to work on it right now. He said he's unsure how it got so bad, but that it should be a simple fix. I'll keep you posted as I hear more

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.