LAYOUT ISSUE : Flippers Are A Little Too Far Apart

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just had a chat with one of our senior artists and he was surprised to see the other tables with that issue, but he's getting to work on it right now. He said he's unsure how it got so bad, but that it should be a simple fix. I'll keep you posted as I hear more

Glad to hear it's being worked on...FarSight's dedication to perfecting it's own game by listening to consumer feedback is unprecedented.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
very good to hear from develepors themselves, i agree!

it's not that people can't wait for bug fixes, dlc, etc, but wondering what is going on in the meantime, thats the killer... or rather people left wondering if there is a meantime at all -> the real killer...

so yeah, farsight keep up the good stuff!!!

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this issue has been corrected in the PS Vita version? If you look at the screenshot below you can clearly see that the rotation axis of the flipper does not line up with where the hole in the playfield would be. Also, I have browsed other photos of the table and noticed that the tip of the flipper should be overlapping the point between the three rocks just to the right of the shoot again light. It appears that they are indeed to far apart.

NLDtnl.jpg

That is a real good image of it Turtle and I play it on PS3 if you want to see something real goofy press both flippers up on a game and look at the gap between them and you'll know right away that there is defiantly way too much space there. My question to Farsight is when the next patch comes out for consoles will we have to delete our files as well ? If that is the case I'll stop playing it until then so I don't have to start from scratch.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Keep in mind the save files are totally separate from the game on consoles. On iOS they're deleted along with the game.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Keep in mind the save files are totally separate from the game on consoles. On iOS they're deleted along with the game.

Indeed they are, but if they're really important to you, you can actually access any app's file directories with an app called iExplorer. Files can be transferred to/from a Mac (and there are similar utilities for Windows). This is how you add your own ROM files to iMAME (if you were lucky enough to download that before word got out that you could do this, and it got yanked from the store). Presumably you should be able to back up and restore your saved files this way, in case you ever need to do a clean restore of a device without restoring from a backup. (FWIW, I've never had to do this. Restoring from backup has always worked fine, and this restores all the data for each app.)

I've heard if you enable "Back up to iCloud" (instead of backing up to your computer), it can restore previously saved data when reinstalling individual apps. Haven't tried it though.

Also note that app data is only deleted when you completely delete the app from your device. Installing updates never removes any saved data.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Indeed they are, but if they're really important to you, you can actually access any app's file directories with an app called iExplorer.

Yup, I know ;) I created a thread about doing this. I was just letting the poster know that on the consoles the save files aren't deleted when the app is deleted, but that iOS treats things differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.