Lethal Weapon 3 Kickstarter

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
So far no Farsight KS has failed.Maybe one underestimates how these "smaller" licenses would do.Maybe there are more passionate pinball purists, who would support something like Lethal Weapon 3, out there than one would suspect.

As discussed in other threads here, a mutliple table KS would really make sense.There must be a way to make tables like LW3, The Shadow, Johnny Mnemonic and many more a TPA reality.That would rock! :)

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
As discussed in other threads here, a mutliple table KS would really make sense.There must be a way to make tables like LW3, The Shadow, Johnny Mnemonic and many more a TPA reality.That would rock! :)

It would be interesting to see a multi-table Kickstarter. But the second table would have to be a stretch goal rather than packaged in with the main table goal price. Packaged together would just raise the final goal price making it harder to reach. And if there's a table someone doesn't want they would probably be unwilling to put any money down to cover the cost for both - people complained during S1 and S2 about the two table packs about being "forced" to spend money on both tables when they only wanted one of the two.

So you could do a Kickstarter for say, Jurassic Park, where the goal is like 65k, and then have a stretch goal of 100k where you also get the Hook table. But I think if you package them together, 100k goal, it makes it less likely to happen. Those are totally made up estimates of course. And a silly pairing to boot. But any second license, particularly not from the same franchise, is going to raise the final price goal, which makes it that much harder to reach and get anything. So my thinking is stretch goals rather than pairings are the way to go for multi-tables when tables are not from the same franchise.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
people complained during S1 and S2 about the two table packs about being "forced" to spend money on both tables when they only wanted one of the two.

Wonder if those complainers are happy now?:p
Instead of the one table they wanted and one extra table for free if you will, now they are just getting their one table.All for the same price.

So you could do a Kickstarter for say, Jurassic Park, where the goal is like 65k, and then have a stretch goal of 100k where you also get the Hook table. But I think if you package them together, 100k goal, it makes it less likely to happen. Those are totally made up estimates of course. And a silly pairing to boot. But any second license, particularly not from the same franchise, is going to raise the final price goal, which makes it that much harder to reach and get anything. So my thinking is stretch goals rather than pairings are the way to go for multi-tables when tables are not from the same franchise.

This makes sense.I think a lot of people would go along with this and it would give the "smaller" tables a fighting chance.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Honestly, this would be the first KS that would be worth my time.

So far, I haven't really liked any of the previous KS tables, and I had played all of them in real life. I think "T2" was the only one I even semi enjoyed, but it didn't last long. I think I liked it more for the license, than for the actual table. As for TZ and STTNG, I honestly don't like either, esp TZ. I think both are highly, HIGHLY overrated tables.

I would definitely love to finally get LW3. It's a fun table, and I use to play it a ton back in the day.

D

dmarcoot2

LW3 is a really fun table. That and Demolition Man are two of my all time favorite movie tables. I would back a kickstarter in a second

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
bump.

I love this table! I doubt it will ever be made digitally so i'll just have to get one IRL (After Swords of Fury). ;)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I hope this is never made digitally. This, and its infernal partner-in-crime, DE Star Wars. Both the absolute dregs of shoddily-built, bad production value, one-shot tables that were so typical of DE at around that time.

In fact I'd contribute to a KS to buy all of the remaining ones in existence and burn them (filmed as an art project, because obviously a KS needs some end product).

karl

May 10, 2012
If Farsight announces that this is the next kickstarter, I will delete Kickstarter from my os, for good. OK, ok?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Seriously? LW3, some of you want to pay Farsight more than the purchase price to make it?

You guys need to up the dose of your brain medicine. Next you're gonna be clamouring for Gilligan's Island, X Files, Monopoly, Super Mario Brothers and all the other crapolas.

If they make it, I'll buy it, but there's hundreds of better games out there for those of you who want to save the bosses of FS from reaching into their own pockets for once.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I hope this is never made digitally. This, and its infernal partner-in-crime, DE Star Wars. Both the absolute dregs of shoddily-built, bad production value, one-shot tables that were so typical of DE at around that time.

In fact I'd contribute to a KS to buy all of the remaining ones in existence and burn them (filmed as an art project, because obviously a KS needs some end product).

I guess I better pick one up before you destroy them all. :)

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
its a shameless ripoff of t2 and the getaway at the same time. :)

Demolition Man is just a reskinned T2 and people really love that table for some reason. I really wouldn't go for LW3 as far as kickstarters go. Jurassic Park, The Shadow, TFTC, or even Nightmare on Elm Street I think would catch most people's eyes.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
kickstart this
giphy.gif

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Hmm...I liked both Lethal Weapon ("What Leo wants, Leo Getz!") and Star Wars (I'm guessing the one shot mentioned was that super easy ramp). I didn't realize the hate for these.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Well, perhaps I "kickstarted" the wrong thread, but I do enjoy the table. It would absolutely need a kickstarter but it will NEVER happen. Just a pipe dream i guess. I'll either have to enjoy it in VP form or find one someday to purchase.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well, perhaps I "kickstarted" the wrong thread, but I do enjoy the table. It would absolutely need a kickstarter but it will NEVER happen. Just a pipe dream i guess. I'll either have to enjoy it in VP form or find one someday to purchase.

Request what you love. Everybody else does it. Brought up a lot of fun discussion.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Demolition Man is just a reskinned T2 and people really love that table for some reason. I really wouldn't go for LW3 as far as kickstarters go. Jurassic Park, The Shadow, TFTC, or even Nightmare on Elm Street I think would catch most people's eyes.

I played Demolition Man at ReplayFX both times I was there, and it is a very fun game. Very fast and flow-oriented game with lots of combo shots to make. The gun triggers are a neat plus, and I hope that Farsight will find a way to implement the gun triggers for flippers.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Demolition man is not a reskinned t2. It has an upper flipper. :) Totally different rules.

But lw3 borrows heavily from both games i said in layout AND rules. WHen i saw it in real life my first thought was T2 ripoff. then i played it and decided it was t2 and getaway ripoff.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts