Lights Camera Action Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Every time I plunge, I end up in the hole for the Gunfight. I watched some Youtube videos and I saw many plunger shots not stopping at the Gunfight hole. Maybe I am just really lucky on all my plunges so far, but it does not seem right. Granted, I have never played this table in real life.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Every time I plunge, I end up in the hole for the Gunfight. I watched some Youtube videos and I saw many plunger shots not stopping at the Gunfight hole. Maybe I am just really lucky on all my plunges so far, but it does not seem right. Granted, I have never played this table in real life.

you got really lucky, I happened to not get into the gunfight hole ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I am logging all of these bugs, but has anyone else seen the download crash? I can't reproduce it here, I wonder if it's a connectivity issue perhaps

I noticed a few things... there seems to be some artifacts on the top of the screen on game start, it eventually disappears (edit: sometimes it comes back though, then disappears again). High score table didn't get populated again (edit: or its filled with jibberish), and the demo cutout is a little early. Another thing I noticed is that TPA still crashes occasionally when downloading new tables.

Table itself looks good though, not that I've seen a real one in person. :p

wlzEJXO.png

opfUBym.png

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I am logging all of these bugs, but has anyone else seen the download crash? I can't reproduce it here, I wonder if it's a connectivity issue perhaps

It sounds like your (Farsights) classic CDN purge issue, that leaves a cr@p file on the users device unless deleted using 'Table Manager'.
If you don't delete the file, you get constant crash on download.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
you got really lucky, I happened to not get into the gunfight hole ;)

I played a bit more, plunging at all differnt strengths. I did manage to miss the hole a few times, but i'd say a good 80% of the time I end up in the hole on plunge. And a full plunge seems to always end up in the hole. I doubt this is the correct behavior, but not sure. I am using a Nexus 7 and just the touchscreen controls.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Blockmasterspecial :
The reached char. are lost at the end of the game.
The instructions said, that the reached characters are going player to player and game to game till the game is reload.
After end of the game and start a new game the Blockmaster start at "B" again. If its works from ball to ball or player to player I don't know

We added this to our database, good catch.

reproducable:
4 times an Ace (plus 1 10) but mastergoal is not given :-(
Is there something add. to do, which is not described?

This should be fixed in the next build you receive.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I played a bit more, plunging at all differnt strengths. I did manage to miss the hole a few times, but i'd say a good 80% of the time I end up in the hole on plunge. And a full plunge seems to always end up in the hole. I doubt this is the correct behavior, but not sure. I am using a Nexus 7 and just the touchscreen controls.

We are working on tuning this a bit more to make it more challenging.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Flippy...are you guys looking into the timing issue with the backglass lights that I mentioned above? The lights seem to be turning on when they're supposed to be off and vice versa.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Flippy...are you guys looking into the timing issue with the backglass lights that I mentioned above? The lights seem to be turning on when they're supposed to be off and vice versa.

From what I saw, the card lamps are timed correctly. I tried this out on the table we have on site and double checked off a video on youtube. The flood lamps on the back glass however is missing lighting. Is that what your talking about?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
From what I saw, the card lamps are timed correctly. I tried this out on the table we have on site and double checked off a video on youtube. The flood lamps on the back glass however is missing lighting. Is that what your talking about?

Actually, the backglass lighting (where the entire backglass lights up) is working on the current Android Beta build, but the on/off timing is off as stated above and yes, the card lamps are working correctly.

Here's the issue in more detail.

• Backglass lights should be on before you start a game and turn off when you press start (begin a new game), then turn back on when you hear the words "Camera..." and remain on during ball launch. After launching the ball and making into the "Gun Fight" hole, the backglass lights should turn off and then turn back on again when you hear the words "Set..." just before a Gun Fight. Once the Gun Fight is over the backglass lights should turn off again while the ball is in play. Currently, the backglass lights turn on when they should be off and vice versa.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah Mike actually found out that the wiring is backwards. The light is always on unless the solenoid is fired.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Actually, the backglass lighting (where the entire backglass lights up) is working on the current Android Beta build, but the on/off timing is off as stated above and yes, the card lamps are working correctly.

Here's the issue in more detail.

• Backglass lights should be on before you start a game and turn off when you press start (begin a new game), then turn back on when you hear the words "Camera..." and remain on during ball launch. After launching the ball and making into the "Gun Fight" hole, the backglass lights should turn off and then turn back on again when you hear the words "Set..." just before a Gun Fight. Once the Gun Fight is over the backglass lights should turn off again while the ball is in play. Currently, the backglass lights turn on when they should be off and vice versa.

Ok I see it now. It was already in our database just described differently. I'll add in your detailed description.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan...will you be able to squeeze out a new Beta for us to dive into over the weekend?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Ryan...will you be able to squeeze out a new Beta for us to dive into over the weekend?

Were still working on a few things and Ryan expects to get a build up tomorrow. Also Mike just posted a PC beta build that has all the latest changes in it.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Were still working on a few things and Ryan expects to get a build up tomorrow. Also Mike just posted a PC beta build that has all the latest changes in it.

Thanks for the heads up. I only asked because I have a 7 day work week beginning on Sunday, so I won't be much help after tomorrow.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I played the game once in real life, and my full plunges all went into the gunfight hole. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It sounds like your (Farsights) classic CDN purge issue, that leaves a cr@p file on the users device unless deleted using 'Table Manager'.
If you don't delete the file, you get constant crash on download.

Just took a stroll through the past couple of weeks Play store reviews - a lot of people suffering with this it seems.
su7umasa.jpg

ereqedyg.jpg

e2a3y5u9.jpg

Posted are just a couple of reviews, all made within the last 4 weeks. There are more, but Tapatalk limits inserting images, so better to check for yourself.

I tend to take a walk through the store reviews, at least once a month, having set it to 'newest first'.
The review mood appears to have dropped quite a bit when read though. Some are just strange, some just wrong about what they write, but a lot are valid and not happy.

I still have the strange very Intermittent Input lag on both my devices, which means I've barely played TPA this past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts