Lights Camera Action Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bug - Ball stuck at plunger. Didn't look jammed, couldn't see multiple balls, but pulling and releasing the plunger had no effect on launching the ball (it just twitched a bit).
Quit this game (but stayed in the table) meant that subsequent games and balls were jammed too.
Had to exit table and re-enter to get working again.

2nd Bug - Kick save indicator lamp doesn't appear to be working.
3emagune.jpg

This shot was taken at launch, when it should be lit for 16s. Caught and cradled but could not see the lamp change at all.
The function is working (it does kick save), but I can't tell if lit or not.

Both on N7-2012 KK4.4.2 rooted.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Bug - Ball stuck at plunger. Didn't look jammed, couldn't see multiple balls, but pulling and releasing the plunger had no effect on launching the ball (it just twitched a bit).
Quit this game (but stayed in the table) meant that subsequent games and balls were jammed too.
Had to exit table and re-enter to get working again.

2nd Bug - Kick save indicator lamp doesn't appear to be working.
3emagune.jpg

This shot was taken at launch, when it should be lit for 16s. Caught and cradled but could not see the lamp change at all.
The function is working (it does kick save), but I can't tell if lit or not.

Both on N7-2012 KK4.4.2 rooted.

I'll try to find a way to reproduce the ball getting stuck in the plunger but if you figure it out before I do please let me know. Regarding the lamp that isn't functioning, it should be fixed in the next build I believe.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'll try to find a way to reproduce the ball getting stuck in the plunger but if you figure it out before I do please let me know. Regarding the lamp that isn't functioning, it should be fixed in the next build I believe.

Thanks Flippy - so far it's occurred once in approx 0.5hrs of table play. Doesn't seem to be easily reproducible though.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I see another bug, but it's hard to reproduce to 100%. It looks like a little bit other from time to time:
During Multiplayer, the table was tilt.
*But it was only written in the HUD, not with a popup.
* Up from here the table struggled :
* Next player was in the popup and after accept the camera was still on the table-not at the Kickin(?) position
* the ball goes(however) into the game, but was immediately Tilt(?)
* I try to reproduce (Tilt) all in the same game, but up from now the Tilt popup was seen
* but a few balls later (same game) a player reached instead multiball; after one ball was lost, the table doesn't react correct (no flipper reaction ) and the 2nd ball drains, because the table was thinking, that only one ball was in game(the lost one) and not Multiball scenario
* wrong Camera position was seen more as 1 time (also without Tilt DIRECT before) , but in same game, where a Tilt was happen.

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Just took a stroll through the past couple of weeks Play store reviews - a lot of people suffering with this it seems.

(images)

Posted are just a couple of reviews, all made within the last 4 weeks. There are more, but Tapatalk limits inserting images, so better to check for yourself.

I tend to take a walk through the store reviews, at least once a month, having set it to 'newest first'.
The review mood appears to have dropped quite a bit when read though. Some are just strange, some just wrong about what they write, but a lot are valid and not happy.

I still have the strange very Intermittent Input lag on both my devices, which means I've barely played TPA this past month.

I've never had those problems. It just crashes when downloading tables for the first time. I can restart TPA and play the game fine after the download crash.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Fun table! Runs smoothly, no crashes or major problems so far.

Camera #2 in portrait could be just a liiittle further down on playfield, so bottom parts of flippers and middle drain post isn't cut off. The post is visible in all other portrait views. This is still my personally prefered view on this table so it would be great if you could fine tune it a little.

Ball physics feels very light and bouncy. Haven't played real table but tpa version plays very differently from the gameplay video on papa http://papa.org/2012/12/03/lights-camera-action-gameplay/

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah if it is a corrupt file I am not sure what we can do unless we build in some kind of checksum. The extremely odd thing is that nothing in that code has changed in ages, ill have a look into that.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bug - Didn't notice till just now, but with LCA highlighted in the menu, the table in the background is actually JY.
e9ebyne2.jpg

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity2.apk

Here is a list of fixes we were able to get in this round:
-demo score fix
-what’s new text entered
-Junk yard table render replaced with LCA render
-square card hud textures
-Added alpha instead of black frame due to feedback for card hud elements.
-high score display bug
-pro tips text
-four cut outs on the back wall now illuminate properly
-brighten textures for the lights for mobile assets.
-screws corrupt texture on flippers fixed
-slingshot animations added
-Reverse illumination on the backglass has been fixed (as mentioned earlier Mike found out that the wiring was backwards on the actual table).
-backglass light texture corruption fixed.
-attempt at fixing 4 of a kind goal implemented.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivity2.apk

Here is a list of fixes we were able to get in this round:
-demo score fix
-what’s new text entered
-Junk yard table render replaced with LCA render
-square card hud textures
-Added alpha instead of black frame due to feedback for card hud elements.
-high score display bug
-pro tips text
-four cut outs on the back wall now illuminate properly
-brighten textures for the lights for mobile assets.
-screws corrupt texture on flippers fixed
-slingshot animations added
-Reverse illumination on the backglass has been fixed (as mentioned earlier Mike found out that the wiring was backwards on the actual table).
-backglass light texture corruption fixed.
-attempt at fixing 4 of a kind goal implemented.

Thanks for working a little overtime...will jump into the new Beta this evening.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm, I'll believe the 5 circuit under the HUD should sbow the open Cards, isn't it?
In the B version only "A" for Ace are visible.
Als the 5 circuits are flashing betw. e. g. 2 and 5 if the selection ( Mystery are roll through) is ongoing...
ehyba7a9.jpg

I can can confirm :
4cards goal is fixed
Blockbuster not (was not in the list of fixed issues) and still open
Shoot back/ Kick back lamp works
Backlight on backglas is another behavior
Lot of lights on the table are working now

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ill have to check into that Monday, because honestly I am not familiar with the table logic at all. Thanks for the reports guys and look out for a new beta monday/tuesday. Thanks!

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Is there a way to clear the high score table without pro mode? I still have the old entries from the A beta.

Also, what is the demo cutoff supposed to be set to? I believe A was set to 1mil, but B is set to 500K. On some plunges, the mystery award instantly maxes out the demo.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
In the B Vers. (don't know if it was also in "A") there is all time a background noice like an old mechanical electronic engine; like an engine which has driven the manual HC count in the first pinball machines and it runs all the time. Effect is the sound is not clear...

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
In this new version if you go to menu and read instructions for table, the sound gets stuck and a harsh hammering sound is looped. It goes back to normal when you go back and so it doesn't stick permanently but it's unbearable to listen to and read instructions I have to turn off the sound.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
In this new version if you go to menu and read instructions for table, the sound gets stuck and a harsh hammering sound is looped. It goes back to normal when you go back and so it doesn't stick permanently but it's unbearable to listen to and read instructions I have to turn off the sound.

It's the director's clapperboard.

free-vector-movie-clapper-board-clip-art_105812_Movie_Clapper_Board_clip_art_hight.png

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Aha! Is he shooting some kind of stop motion scene?

On Topic: The collected Blockbuster letters don't carry over from game to game for me. (Without restarting game of course). They do carry over from player to player in multiplayer mode. I'm not playing in pro mode but the table shouldn't reset between games anyway, at least it usually doesn't unless you restart.

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
I caught a spelling mistake on the table history. What it says is "It puts players in the roll of a Director...". Roll is the wrong word. Should be "role".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts