May TotM Groupings and Results

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. And winning TAF Gold is just icing on the cake!

So big thanks to Mike Lindsey & Farsight for the giveaway - and to Chris (shutyertrap) for running this fun tournament!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I still have a bunch of codes for next time too. Yes, they are still for Xbone and PS4 only, but beggars can't be choosers and I begged for prizes!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Good to see I wasn't in last place like last month. This tournament made it a fun weekend. I bowled in a tournament in the morning-afternoon and found out today our team took 7th out of 40 with a 2806 series for $60 a person. In the evening, I had pinball tournament to play. What a blissful day. Thanks S-Y-T and Xanija for making this fun and to all those who've played in the ToTM. :D

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. And winning TAF Gold is just icing on the cake!

So big thanks to Mike Lindsey & Farsight for the giveaway - and to Chris (shutyertrap) for running this fun tournament!

I wonder if you were the only one who requested the xbone prize since only one person played on that system. either way congrats.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
No, we had six requests for Xbone, and 7 for PS4. Of course with those numbers and the number of codes I have, I think everyone will eventually be a winner!

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I was glad to see switty win, i was rooting him along all the way. i even told him what he had to beat on centaur. (he was in my group) I watched him beat my high score and I was happy/proud of him doing so.

thanks again for a wonderful and exciting tourney syt. we all had fun.

I even woke up early 3 hours just to play and chat.

edit: if u didn't best my score at centaur, I would of probably placed 3rd .hehehe. no hard feelings at all, I just play for fun. and I got real lucky at wwind,

you know I was rooting for u all the long, and I will watch u stream ANY game at any TIME bro. I had more fun watching u stream than anything.

re-edit .. I just rewatched ur stream on twitch ... great stuff. you are a great juggler.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I was glad to see switty win, i was rooting him along all the way. i even told him what he had to beat on centaur. (he was in my group) I watched him beat my high score and I was happy/proud of him doing so.

thanks again for a wonderful and exciting tourney syt. we all had fun.

I even woke up early 3 hours just to play and chat.

edit: if u didn't best my score at centaur, I would of probably placed 3rd .hehehe. no hard feelings at all, I just play for fun. and I got real lucky at wwind,

you know I was rooting for u all the long, and I will watch u stream ANY game at any TIME bro. I had more fun watching u stream than anything.

re-edit .. I just rewatched ur stream on twitch ... great stuff. you are a great juggler.
Wow thanks so much Noid I'm sorry about Centaur but glad you had a great time and so glad you enjoyed my stream I had a great time. See you later in chat homie!

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
Impressed with the quality and speed of the results. Thumbs up on the 2nout (totm). Farsight take notice. Cheers

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Quick thoughts...The 2nout tourney gets better and better. Getting more players and hence builds. Kudos on the quality and speed of the results. Farsight should take notice and perhaps work with you for specific tourney setting on these games to make 2nout even more legit and transparent. Nice job.

Uh, hey Dan? It's called Tournament of the Month, or TotM, and it is presented by the BlahCade. I know you like to refer to it as the other, but it's what we like to call 'brand awareness'. It gets hash tagged as #TotM, or #TournyOfTheMonth on Twitter. We want a consistent message going out so that a player who is not familiar with the forum can easily identify it. Especially if they do come here and are looking for the appropriate thread. Thanks man.

As for FarSight making specific tourney settings, well we need to prove there is an audience for it! The main issue though is we are not platform specific and I don't know how they'd be able to set something up that would let everyone compete cross platform. A big help would be for them to hurry up and get those tournament difficulty settings going. I have noticed that we have an increasing number of people streaming their entries, which is awesome. Not only does it show transparency in their play, but it brings people together in their enjoyment of the tourney as they watch each other. I myself am probably going to do it next TotM too, as even with my crappy internet upload speed (a woeful .7 mbps) a watchable stream is apparently viable. I'll need to test more to be sure.

I do wanna thank everybody for riding along with the bumps of this season. Call it our beta. I think by the time we start season 2, we'll have corrected or addressed lingering issues. Everything from scoring to tournament operation to TotW timing. The fact we are still running into issues of people not clicking the appropriate link or wondering if a link is dead, or getting the date and times wrong, means things aren't clear enough. Believe me, we're listening to comments.

Let's continue to grow the number of players. Let's encourage people to participate in the TotW, and then to play in the BlahCade Tournament of the Month. Most importantly, let's continue to have fun!

Zeta

May 29, 2015
Yeah well, I could not enter my scores, the link kicked me to god knows where. I see some people had same issues and it was corrected later. Unfortunately, I'm like 9 time zones ahead of the tournament time so I had to get some sleep at some point. Maybe next time then.. Which raises the question: when is the next time?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, June 27th. Sign ups will open on the 24th.

I will do everything I can to make the score register link as obvious as possible. The only problem there was with the link was that it was demanding you log in with Google, and that was what was corrected. The link itself never changed. Before the tournament starts, you will see exactly what you see now if you clicked on the link...that the form is no longer accepting responses and try contacting the owner. The time zone thing sucks for you Euro players, I know. By starting the tourney at 8am or slightly earlier my time, that should be like 5pm yours. Not ideal, but there it is.

Zeta

May 29, 2015
The time zone thing sucks for you Euro players, I know. By starting the tourney at 8am or slightly earlier my time, that should be like 5pm yours. Not ideal, but there it is.

I can live with that and I appreciate all your work. And thanks for the info, I'll be there on 27th for sure :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.