New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone else struggling to nudge? Seems to use the accelerometer but even a little shake gives a huge kick to the ball.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Gameplay video

If you still haven’t picked this up, for whatever reason, Touch Arcade member Sanuku just released a very extensive gameplay video. It’s nearly twenty minutes long.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

It happen to me twice in four games that I played. I tried tilting the table to recover the ball too, but that didn't work.I'll continue to play to see if it happens only in a single mission.

Playing in iPad 3rd Gen, iOS 6.0.1

I must have played more than 15 games and I didn't get bug.
Up until now I'm having a lot of fun and almost completed all the missions in my last play. The table seems to be very well balanced in objectives, scores and extra balls.
The table is very good and believable almost to the point i could see being made into a real table.
I'm starting to feel bad for not paying the initial price, the least i could do now is to recommend the app to everyone that I know.
Keep up the good work, you gained a new fan.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
You're welcome! :) No, sorry about that. The patch will be submitted on Monday and out shortly after. And there is a major update coming after that. And yeah I know how you feel, the game was going to launch Nov 2nd, but got delayed, and we cannot post pone Black Friday. More sales mean better and more free content for existing customers though.

Please check your inbox here on the forum, a have a little something for you to ease the suffering.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks to everyone for the feedback and the bug reports! We'll try to fix as many as possible for the Monday patch.

night

May 18, 2012
I remember from the promo vid (that convinced me to buy the table) there where some wicked close-ups from the table, like macro zooms from the ball on the robot's arm. I did't see any of this back in the game, perhaps it would be cool to incorporate this in the game?

Lighting effects are excellent, they give impact, something I miss in TPA.

Maybe a suggestion: the back-art behind the robot and rocket is not very clear, I understand it's a SF-city, perhaps this could be more visible? I am also a sucker for good chromework. The ball is excellent, but the chrome work on the table is just grey. Is this because of technical limitations? Would be great if this looked like real chrome.

I am looking forward to the patch, I hope it will have the steady camera option, playing it on the iPad makes me sea-sick;)
More tables in the future sounds very good. Like this table, I hope that any future tables will be just like they could have been actual replica's of real tables. (I know some pin-games that have walking zombi figures on the table, please don't ever go that direction!)

Glad that I am in the club of early bird buyers and I hope it will become a great success!

update: spelling mistake in ABOUT, page 3 'designed by color monkey', at the bottom of the page is says "oldskoool".

Last edited:

Tyler

Feb 19, 2012
Any pinball fan on the fence about picking this one up should give it a try. I find myself enjoying the table regardless of a few annoying points. I wish the high scores were available in between games. Plus I'm not a fan of the floating camera. I prefer a static view. Fingers crossed for a bug free update and instant buy for their next table.

One last thing...I find sometimes that the table art can be too busy for playing on such a small screen. (iPhone 4) The difference in contrast between the chrome ball and the table can help a newbie, playing a table for the first time, follow the action. As this dev is making original tables, my advice is to maintain their current level of graphics and avoid the need to fill the entire table with art. As TPA is recreating real tables, I'll just have to get a bigger screen to help with my aging eyesight.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I remember from the promo vid (that convinced me to buy the table) there where some wicked close-ups from the table, like macro zooms from the ball on the robot's arm. I did't see any of this back in the game, perhaps it would be cool to incorporate this in the game?

Lighting effects are excellent, they give impact, something I miss in TPA.

Maybe a suggestion: the back-art behind the robot and rocket is not very clear, I understand it's a SF-city, perhaps this could be more visible? I am also a sucker for good chromework. The ball is excellent, but the chrome work on the table is just grey. Is this because of technical limitations? Would be great if this looked like real chrome.

I am looking forward to the patch, I hope it will have the steady camera option, playing it on the iPad makes me sea-sick;)
More tables in the future sounds very good. Like this table, I hope that any future tables will be just like they could have been actual replica's of real tables. (I know some pin-games that have walking zombi figures on the table, please don't ever go that direction!)

Glad that I am in the club of early bird buyers and I hope it will become a great success!

update: spelling mistake in ABOUT, page 3 'designed by color monkey', at the bottom of the page is says "oldskoool".

Yeah it would be cool to at least have some cool flyovers when not playing. It's been discussed and is up on our long list. Right now priority #1 is to fix any bugs, and then do the big content update we have planned. And hopefully add all the other stuff you guys and we would like to see as well. It's good as it is, but we're not 100% satisfied and think the game could use a bit more content. We'll do a minor graphics update in this patch as well though, mostly to improve the chrome on the rails. The reason to why it isn't "real" chrome is due to performance. It's pretty expensive to have real-reflections on the ball, and hopefully at some point we can have it on all chrome parts.

More options, such as fixed camera, will likely not be included in this patch, sorry, but hopefully in the next after. We listen to all your feedback.

We like our pinball games to be realistic, so you will not see any of the stuff you can see in some other pinball games, such as Zen. I really like their tables, but I really dislike the animated action figures etc, it's just too much.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Any pinball fan on the fence about picking this one up should give it a try. I find myself enjoying the table regardless of a few annoying points. I wish the high scores were available in between games. Plus I'm not a fan of the floating camera. I prefer a static view. Fingers crossed for a bug free update and instant buy for their next table.

One last thing...I find sometimes that the table art can be too busy for playing on such a small screen. (iPhone 4) The difference in contrast between the chrome ball and the table can help a newbie, playing a table for the first time, follow the action. As this dev is making original tables, my advice is to maintain their current level of graphics and avoid the need to fill the entire table with art. As TPA is recreating real tables, I'll just have to get a bigger screen to help with my aging eyesight.

Yup many wants the fixed camera, so we will add it at some point. And I'll forward your input to the artists! Thanks!

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012

I have been so close various times completing the rocket launch but i fail at the last minute... One thing that is keeping me finishing that mission is the extra ball. Anders what are the conditions for getting the extra ball? I think i get the extra ball at 10 million points but if I lose the before getting to that score and get a bonus that puts my score above 10 million I can't get the extra ball anymore.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I have been so close various times completing the rocket launch but i fail at the last minute... One thing that is keeping me finishing that mission is the extra ball. Anders what are the conditions for getting the extra ball? I think i get the extra ball at 10 million points but if I lose the before getting to that score and get a bonus that puts my score above 10 million I can't get the extra ball anymore.

You should get an extra ball when you get 10 million, either with or without bonus. It's a bug, and it's been fixed, and already submitted to the app store :)

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012

I finally finished all missions. I'm not going to spoil the game for anyone but the difficulty of the Missile Launch and completing the mission is really gratifying. One more thing that i'm having trouble is the scores achievements, they aren't unlocking reliably, I got more than 100 million and the achievement didn't unlock, I had the same problem with the 25 Million achievement but when i did one more time more than 25 million it unlocked.

night

May 18, 2012
It's good as it is, but we're not 100% satisfied and think the game could use a bit more content.

You should make an extra target which rises from the table..! When you shoot the ball in this target a mini video-game starts on the Dot-Matrix display, something in the spirit of the 1981 game Scramble (http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9447) You control it with your flippers. When you win the mini-game you get multiball!

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I finally finished all missions. I'm not going to spoil the game for anyone but the difficulty of the Missile Launch and completing the mission is really gratifying. One more thing that i'm having trouble is the scores achievements, they aren't unlocking reliably, I got more than 100 million and the achievement didn't unlock, I had the same problem with the 25 Million achievement but when i did one more time more than 25 million it unlocked.

Well done!

There is a problem with the achievements. Right now the bonus doesn't count unfortunately when unlocking the achievements. But's been fixed so hopefully achievements work as they should when the update is approved by Apple.

Last edited:

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
You should make an extra target which rises from the table..! When you shoot the ball in this target a mini video-game starts on the Dot-Matrix display, something in the spirit of the 1981 game Scramble (http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9447) You control it with your flippers. When you win the mini-game you get multiball!

Haha lol :p We have debating whether DMD minigames are cool or not, and I personally isn't too fond of them :p Or maybe I just haven't played any of the good ones :p Having said that, everything is possible for future games.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Just bought this today, and I'm loving it so far reminds me of those Japanese snes pinball games in visual style but my biggest compliment is on flipper interaction and lighting. The ball actually bends the flipper if hit with enough force live catch? Here I come. The lighting is more like I want from tpa.

Thumbs up guys I missed the sale but don't regret the higher price one bit.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Just bought this today, and I'm loving it so far reminds me of those Japanese snes pinball games in visual style but my biggest compliment is on flipper interaction and lighting. The ball actually bends the flipper if hit with enough force live catch? Here I come. The lighting is more like I want from tpa.

Thumbs up guys I missed the sale but don't regret the higher price one bit.

W00t!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.