New XBox

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ad that to the fact that MS has made it hard for me to play TPA on a console. I'm pretty well done with them. They can keep their vaccines too.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just heard they will allow used games. I thought so, thats the #1 thing that makes getting a newer console easier to swallow.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Just heard they will allow used games. I thought so, thats the #1 thing that makes getting a newer console easier to swallow.

Yea, with a whole lot of restrictions. I would sell my old games on eBay, giving me more money to put to a new game. Not possible with this. I'm still passing on the xbone.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They'll allow them, but leave it up to the publisher whether there are fees involved. I've heard from a connected friend that Sony will do the same thing when it comes to used games.

I have to wonder how long it'll be before Microsoft's authentication servers are hit by a hacking group, resulting in all the XBox Ones being unable to play games.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
I hardly see positive gamers about this new xbox. Some americans who are into football (they will get dissapointed too real soon)

I think this will be an epic fail. And as a gamer i hope it will fail too. I hate the casual direction gaming is going, and all the restrictions. Its just to much. I went from pc to console cause i want to lay down, stick a game in and dont have to worry about patches and other pc stuff.

Now its more easy to play a game on the pc then on my console.

With hardware i dont want or will use, but if i want to play games i have to pay for it.

I bought almost all consoles, but this ONE i will pass with a smile.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
MmmWAA HAA HA HAAaaaa! PS FANBOY! I was never fond of the idea of paying to play on the internet for XBOX sure you got some extra stuff,but it just seemed like a cash grad similar to the Online Pass separate purchases now. It has been documented if you give them the 1st hit FREE they'll spend more and be a LOYAL CUSTOMER :)

Furnessly

Jun 7, 2013
Not interested at this at all even before talks of DRM/anti-used games/anti-consumer tactics.

It's just so much as gone wrong, you think that Microsoft is making a joke out of it but they are taking it seriously. As an entertainment machine, there are alternatives out there and as a console, unless you really love Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, Halo, Forza and Kinect games there isn't much choice in terms of 1st party games and the big three can be found on other consoles. Plus from what I read, MS are having problems with the machine so it had to be even more cutdown compared to PS4. The game log in every 24 hours is silly since if your Internet is down, all you are left with is an expensive Blu-Ray player with a camera looking at you. The second-hand restrictions will cause retailers to close down and just left to online (e.g. Amazon/ShopTo) and Microsoft only. Sure people don't like GameStop, Game, HMV and CeX (the worst affected) for logical reasons but they are a choice for some people to buy their game and trade in to get more games. It will also affect independent stores and places like eBay as well. Not every game can be found sealed even 6 months after a game as been released. Also when MS switches off the "cloud" (cough)online DRM(cough), you are left with a bunch of useless discs. If it is a digital based console, it wouldn't have been as bad but since it has retail discs, it is much worse.

Also I can't see how this console... err... entertainment machine will be viable to outside the US where Microsoft has got rights to American sports and other services by comparison aren't available in the EU or other countries and whatever exclusive services they have (apart from possibly the UK) aren't as much. As well as the Kinect snooping at people will cause an uprising in the EU in terms of privacy laws.

The problem with the Xbone is that it is seen as a console designed by executives thinking it is a mass market but in reality, a smaller market than they think. Sadly while I think this will sell due to Microsoft having lots of marketing money and people will buy it, a lot of people are put off and go to Sony, Nintendo, Steam or phonecino.

Anyway, that said I wouldn't be buying an Xbone or a PS4 since the games that are coming out are getting less and less appealing to me. They are either FPS games (yes, they have been around since Wolfenstein 3D and I like a few but many now are like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in feel even if they are in space with multiplayer) and picky even at that, uninspired cover shooter, Japanese RPGs with young girls, gambling phone games that are clones of Puzzle Bobble/insert puzzle or strategy game here that have in game app purchases spending real money to clear a stage which is bad game design, Westernised feeling games from Japanese developers (the modern Capcom stuff applies here) and disappointing sequels in series. Also Grand Theft Auto burnt me out after GTA 4 where I found it disappointing, annoying and not fun to play for me even though I know lots who love it and they're looking forward to 5. Even the indies aren't appealing to me for some reason. I know Sony usually do have more to offer for me then Microsoft but after playing games since the Mega Drive days, I feel I have enough consoles to last a lifetime. The only console I am buying is a Wii U and that is my Mario/Sonic/Donkey Kong/The 90s Arcade Racer machine. As for PS3/PS Vita, only about 3 or 4 games I will be getting this year and that might be it.

I miss the days of arcade racing games ala OutRun/Daytona/Burnout since even Ridge Racer has been changed for the worst, miss the days where a good platformer can take you to a magical place away from reality, miss the days where if a game goes Hollywood at least it is to smile from action movies like Die Hard or games like Max Payne, missed when you beating people up in cities either as beefy mayors or hot brunettes and finally missed when games weren't taken seriously. As an example, I bought myself an original Xbox and so far have 25 games that have interested me with some more to go, most except Forza you can't get on a modern console and not even on Steam especially Burnout 3. Plus the only games I really enjoyed this year have been 80s throwbacks of Double Dragon Neon and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Sly Cooper 4 which is a throwback to the early 2000s 3D platformers and a certain pinball game made by a certain company in Big Bear Lake.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
new xbox 360 with little xbox one design and....

New from E3

New xbox 360 with little xbox one design and 2 complete free games every month with xbox-live goldmember. (first games Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2)

http://www.gamestrust.de/specials/n...modell-playstation-plus-kopie-e3,id27638.html

pic-22565-popup.jpg
pic-22569-popup.jpg

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Kinda had to figure that was coming. They need to compete with Sony's Plus offerings. Last generation I was firmly PS3 but this time I'll take a more open look at this and the PS4 before I decide which one to get.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
-No announced exclusive games that are interesting to me (something in the realm of RPG's, Bioshocklike shooters or Uncharted/Last of Us like Actionadventures)
-499 $ AND Euro

I'm completely out of Xbone until a HEFTY pricereduction hits or they get exclusives that are worth my while. And that coming from someone who have all my third party and downloadable games on 360.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
499 US in the US
666 US in EU (holy mother of.....)

No way in hell I'm paying that for those exclusives. I hope Sony brings it's A-game later on, with leaner DRM, better exclusives and 50 to 100 bucks lower price. I might be in at holidays this year then...(although likely 18 months from now)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I 'get' the price, in that $100 of that is for the Kinect you HAVE to buy, plus all the new hardware. But that's too damn much.

The graphics are not a big enough jump to make your eyes justify the price. Specs aren't sexy to the wallet. Now you have this price and the Wii U being $200 less...they release these at holiday time for a reason, but 500 is a buttload to ask a parent to spend, so Nintendo will look mighty nice by comparison. Also, 500 buys you the console, but no game, no Live membership.

If Sony can come in at $400, they'll kill it. At $450, they'll just look like trying to undercut the other guy. Leave the PS Eye out of the mix, make it a separate purchase. Announce a friendly stance toward used games (like no first party title will be locked out) and watch Xbone flail in the wind.

Little over 3 1/2 hours and we'll see how this all shakes out. I still doubt Sony will announce a price yet though.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts