Next Table: Super League Football (or Soccer)

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
May have a liiittle to do with you playing Zen on a crappy iphone :).

I vent through them all I thought the Zen would perhaps be the easiest on the eye and a football table should be green and since I don´t have any favourite club I decided to go neutral anyway. Okay if it was PSG and they had voiceovers from Zlatan then I would have picked that.

Juventus looked kind of cool but more contrast may be harder on the eyes. They could change the music or something feel sorry for those that thought they should buy several versions of it.

But this is the first table I purchased. None of the others was interesting enough for me to feel I should purchase it base on the very limited trials offered. Played a bit sorcerers lair which gave as good first impression as any but the flow isn´t quite there though there is some interesting stuff but just having ramps is not all that fun.

Super league is still a tiny bit stiff but I do find a great flow and the theme really works with loosing possession work to get it back and try to score. Great playfields. I really like the outlane flippers but they are perhaps a bit to effective in saving the ball. But who say an entire tournament should be over in 5 minutes lol. Also maybe to much multiballs. I would have preferred that you don´t score just have fun juggling the multiball during the half time break since I just want to get on with the matches. The multiball tifo celebration is a nice touch but feel a bit like I want to drain them lol. Just draining deliberately don´t feel all to great and I don´t know maybe I need to keep at least one ball in play for 15 minutes as to not loose a ball during half time?

But great table if you have the time. I did look at the operators menu and have hoped to find more settings to change. I only find difficulty from very easy to very hard and not much more??? I don´t know what the stock configuration is looked like it´s very easy...

As for physics I kind of like the football physics. Feels more like I throw a small football around then a pinball. A bit to easy to control the ball perhaps but maybe it´s just me running the wrong setting in the operator menu.

The only big complaint is the commentators that don´t leave such talented comments all the time.

PHDrawde

Sep 20, 2013
I thought this would be a cool table until it actually came out. I grew up in Germany watching British television so I don't have the same aversion to soccer/football as most Americans. Playing the matches is fairly exciting but people are right about it being almost too easy to score on this table. I completely suck at Zen and got 492M my first game. To put that to put that in perspective (after a doing a bit of quick math) my average score on the rest of the tables is 35M. But what I hate about this table is that it has completely broken the pro scores on PS3 and PS4. Each of the 8 team skins post to the same leader board and only the highest counts but each adds to your pro score so now the max (on PS3 at least) is 43K when it should be 36K. That is were I call Zen out for being greedy. I can understand their reasons for charging separately for each of the 8 skins. Plus it's not like you have to buy the base table and then pay extra to make it look different. But now if players on either of the playstations want to be able to keep up on the pro score board they have to buy and play an extra 7 versions of the same table, until they release more teams and this just gets worse. In all fairness this might be a bug or an oversight sort of thing but something tells me this is to get people to but extra table skins they otherwise never care to get.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I don´t care about high scores so never noticed that. And you don´t suck I don´t think I got that high but I haven´t even bothered mapping the tilt buttons ;).

Is there an endless set of matches or will I get to a final at some point?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I don´t care about high scores so never noticed that. And you don´t suck I don´t think I got that high but I haven´t even bothered mapping the tilt buttons ;).

Is there an endless set of matches or will I get to a final at some point?

There is no 'Final' on this table. If you win the season that's it it starts another season and supposedly some of the teams are tougher to beat. I have yet to experience that myself. The closest match I had was maybe a 5-2 win. Where they scored when I for some reason couldn't shoot one of the lit/flashing lanes. Could not for the life of me hit the left plunger/target to increase the time. There are moments where I couldn't aim at the correct lanes to get possession back. It happens.

Even for a competent player this table shouldn't be a problem. It's fun but not the best. It's still worth the purchase IMO.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
SPOONMAN this is news for you and anyone else who is interested.

BarbieBoBomb: Zen Studios Feb.18th
We have 4 more Star Wars tables coming, which we’ll be getting ready to announce soon and we’ll have more Marvel stuff this year… as well as new licenses 2014 is looking like an insane year for Zen Pinball 2!

I heard awhile back they were talking about "Fast & The Furious" License & "Back To The Future Trilogy" License. / "Dead Pool" Marvel Table is this year as well plus they talked about doing an original designed Zen Studios table or tables sometime this year. I also heard that "Plants Vs. Zombies" is suppose to eventually come to IOS.
It should be a "Kick Ass" year for Zen Studios!

Thanks, but I already knew about them making a total of 10 Star Wars tables back when they announced it.
I'm a bit burned out on Marvel to be honest. I wasn't a huge fan to begin with, but enjoyed a few of the tables.

I'd rather have them make more original based tables or, like I mentioned too many times, new tables based on classic video games (DOOM, Metal Slug, Canon Fodder, etc.)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Played my first game on this last night. Lasted a very long time for my first game on anything. I think they've made the game easy as a good entry point for football fans who aren't interested in pinball. The outlanes are incredibly easy on you - difficult to get the ball in there, and the flipper save if you do. Overall opinions still forming.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Played Weeks 2-5 and ended with 1.3 billion. Still going; I have a freaking long video of it. Took me 1:19:05 to get that score.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
My poor left index finger on that one! There's no flipper lag that I can detect, but even on easy I know I can't score in the billions! Dr. Strange was kind of a let down for me. It seemed like they phoned it in. Too much repetitive dialogue. Same with the Soccer game calling me sloppy all the time!

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
This may seem like a silly question and I'll likely be slapping myself in the face hard for not being able to find out on my own, but how does one access the scoring instructions- like Pinball Arcade's feature- for each of Zen's games ? I have downloaded a number of them over the last couple of years and still find that the only thing to do is just play them and learn from either experience or occasionally catching a hint from the DMD ( which is not at all easy when you are in the midst of play ,often -especially when it's a new game). I like the soccer game, but would like to know a number of things via written rules rather than just playing and eventually catching on to what is going on.

Am I correct in assuming there are no written explanations for the particular rules for each game ? Any help ? :)

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This may seem like a silly question and I'll likely be slapping myself in the face hard for not being able to find out on my own, but how does one access the scoring instructions- like Pinball Arcade's feature- for each of Zen's games ? I have downloaded a number of them over the last couple of years and still find that the only thing to do is just play them and learn from either experience or occasionally catching a hint from the DMD ( which is not at all easy when you are in the midst of play ,often -especially when it's a new game). I like the soccer game, but would like to know a number of things via written rules rather than just playing and eventually catching on to what is going on.

Am I correct in assuming there are no written explanations for the particular rules for each game ? Any help ? :)

With a table selected & running, hit pause, then pick 'Table guide' for the very brief in game instructions.

Or for much more detailed pdf instructions, download from here...
https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?p=897

Official ZP2, PFX2 & Marvel Pinball Table Guides

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Man! There's like 8 of those soccer tables. Milking it hard, aren't they?

I think I'm done with Zen. Guess I'm a pinball purist or something. Love TPA, but Zen tables just don't do it for me and I can't put my finger on exactly why this is. Even with all the effects and features that can't happen in real pinball, Zen tables just don't hold my interest like TPA real-life table recreations continue to. Something just feels "off" about them, you know? Kinda regretting the 35 previous Zen table purchases I bought on impulse with the assumption that I'd love them simply because they were pinball.
Now, with these soccer tables, which don't interest me at all, I think that's it for me as far as Zen is concerned.

Please don't think I'm bashing Zen Pinball. I see the love and attention that went into the tables, they just aren't my cup-of-tea, I guess.

Anyone else feel as I do about ZP?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Man! There's like 8 of those soccer tables. Milking it hard, aren't they?

I think I'm done with Zen. Guess I'm a pinball purist or something. Love TPA, but Zen tables just don't do it for me and I can't put my finger on exactly why this is. Even with all the effects and features that can't happen in real pinball, Zen tables just don't hold my interest like TPA real-life table recreations continue to. Something just feels "off" about them, you know? Kinda regretting the 35 previous Zen table purchases I bought on impulse with the assumption that I'd love them simply because they were pinball.
Now, with these soccer tables, which don't interest me at all, I think that's it for me as far as Zen is concerned.

Please don't think I'm bashing Zen Pinball. I see the love and attention that went into the tables, they just aren't my cup-of-tea, I guess.

Anyone else feel as I do about ZP?

I don't. But that's the beauty of it. It's all a matter of personal taste. To me Zen's tables are much more polished than TPA. However I can' deny the fact of getting to play Virtual translations of tables I used to play when pinball and arcades were rampant back in the 80's 90's aside from great fanmade tables in Virtual or future pinball.

Both TPA and Zen are games I play first thing when I get my gaming itch.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I don't. But that's the beauty of it. It's all a matter of personal taste. To me Zen's tables are much more polished than TPA. However I can' deny the fact of getting to play Virtual translations of tables I used to play when pinball and arcades were rampant back in the 80's 90's aside from great fanmade tables in Virtual or future pinball.

Both TPA and Zen are games I play first thing when I get my gaming itch.

Definitely agree with you here! On every sentiment!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.