Pinball Arcade now on Steam Greenlight!

karl

May 10, 2012
I Agree! Easier to install Origin than a whole new operating system. Give them a call Jeff ;)

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I don't mind if they go to Origin but a lot of people hate EA (I don't but a lot do) and wouldn't touch Origin with a 10 foot pole. Gamefly is a better proposition than Origin for that reason alone. Gamefly doesn't have as much hatred.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
No, no, no, a thousand times no, to Windows 8. I have a perfectly good Windows 7 machine that I have no desire to "upgrade".

If it's on the Windows 8 store in addition to somewhere else, that's one thing. But the vast majority of users are happy on 7 or even XP and are not going to venture into the brave new world of Windows 8 just for TPA.

I can add a few thousand more no's to the Windows 8 proposition. Seriously it seems like Microsoft are bringing out a new OS every 5 mins. Wasn't the Vista disaster supposed to be the last Windows version ever, then came 7, now 8. Another couple of years and it will be 9, which will be 10 times more bloated than 8, 5 times slower, and will eats twice as much RAM.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't mind if they go to Origin but a lot of people hate EA (I don't but a lot do) and wouldn't touch Origin with a 10 foot pole. Gamefly is a better proposition than Origin for that reason alone. Gamefly doesn't have as much hatred.
I'm no fan of EA, but I would swallow my distaste and install Origin solely for TPA if that's the only way the PC version could be released.

I can add a few thousand more no's to the Windows 8 proposition. Seriously it seems like Microsoft are bringing out a new OS every 5 mins. Wasn't the Vista disaster supposed to be the last Windows version ever, then came 7, now 8. Another couple of years and it will be 9, which will be 10 times more bloated than 8, 5 times slower, and will eats twice as much RAM.
Microsoft seems to get every other OS right. Windows 2000 and XP (versions 5 and 5.1, respectively) were pretty good, Windows Vista was a total loss, Windows 7 is mostly well-behaved, and signs aren't looking good for Windows 8.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Microsoft seems to get every other OS right. Windows 2000 and XP (versions 5 and 5.1, respectively) were pretty good, Windows Vista was a total loss, Windows 7 is mostly well-behaved, and signs aren't looking good for Windows 8.

Don't forget the clunker that was Windows ME. I still have nightmares about it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Many people don't like EA but they sell a ton of software. I think it might help sell more TPA units. Its like when McDonalds started selling apple slices. Three weeks later they became the world's largest retailer of apples. But a lot of people hate McDonalds! :D

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I'm no fan of EA, but I would swallow my distaste and install Origin solely for TPA if that's the only way the PC version could be released.

If only other people were like you.

Vista isn't horrible. It was horrible at first but the update packs made it much better. Hey, I'm actually using Vista on my PC.

I hold no hatred towards any game company unlike most people. Sims 3 is the best Sims game and it's from EA. Looking forward to SimCity.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Many people don't like EA but they sell a ton of software. I think it might help sell more TPA units. Its like when McDonalds started selling apple slices. Three weeks later they became the world's largest retailer of apples. But a lot of people hate McDonalds! :D

I reckon that 90% of the apples that McDonalds sell never actually get consumed. The last thing you want to eat is an apple slice after you have stuffed your face with a Big Mac.... far too healthy.

I am not overly crazy about EA - they have become too big, however we must remember they did publish the Bill Budge's Pinball Construction Set in the early 80s on the Atari and Apple so maybe they aren't so bad after all. They also can't hate Pinball as much as Steam, they are keen to get titles onboard, so are probably a good choice.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Vista isn't horrible. It was horrible at first but the update packs made it much better. Hey, I'm actually using Vista on my PC.
Vista x64 was good from the get-go - far better than XP x64 ever was, that's for sure. Vista gets a bad rap but I've not had an issue with it.

Tabe

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Unless they choose all 100 for the holidays (which I almost doubt will happen), I don't think we'll get the Greenlight this month. I really hope this gets through at some point. I don't want Windows 8 or Origin or GoG. Other suppliers listed, I'm not sure at the moment. Steam really is a good choice for the PC and Mac platforms.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Unless they choose all 100 for the holidays (which I almost doubt will happen), I don't think we'll get the Greenlight this month. I really hope this gets through at some point. I don't want Windows 8 or Origin or GoG. Other suppliers listed, I'm not sure at the moment. Steam really is a good choice for the PC and Mac platforms.

If your chart position is based on the number of votes in a period of time then we have most likely had most votes cast now. But as Steam don't really make any effort to explain how the system works who knows. Maybe they pick 10-20 that they fancy, or they look at the posted comment activity.

Words can't describe the hatred I feel for Steam right now :mad:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
This video would be 100x cooler if the game was being played on a cabinet! Let's see that real DMD and LEDWiz lighting up those Cree LED's! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
But as Steam don't really make any effort to explain how the system works who knows. Maybe they pick 10-20 that they fancy, or they look at the posted comment activity.

Words can't describe the hatred I feel for Steam right now :mad:

Maybe the reason they didn't explain how it works because people could find a way to abuse the system.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From today's newsletter:

PC - We are at #96 on Steam Greenlight! We need to get to the top 20 to be published! Tell your friends, family, dentist, pediatrist, grocer etc. to please vote for us...

:(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts