Pro Pinball

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
....and hot off the Pro Pinball press (27th Feb update):

"Got the simulation running on Android."
"Enabled true fullscreen mode on Android 4.4+"

They also mentioned needing to investigate perf issues.

Sounds like really good progress though.

SickBoy

Mar 19, 2015
(Why isn't it out on PC yet?!)

By the time it does I'll have completely forgotten about it, despite having kickstarted the project. I keep forgetting the Kickstarter was only for Timeshock!... kinda makes the wait a bit depressing since it's only going to be one table. But oh well.. here's to hoping it's successful enough to get the rest (and beyond), though hopefully quicker than 2 years per table :p

foxystyle

Nov 23, 2013
By the time it does I'll have completely forgotten about it, despite having kickstarted the project. I keep forgetting the Kickstarter was only for Timeshock!... kinda makes the wait a bit depressing since it's only going to be one table. But oh well.. here's to hoping it's successful enough to get the rest (and beyond), though hopefully quicker than 2 years per table :p

I got used to it. Nothing new.... I waited for TPA for PC. I waited for DX11 (PC) and as a matter of fact I'm still waiting for it. I'm waiting for GTA5 (PC ... again) I already played it on iPad last week. Actually I was waiting for a PC version but I though I would buy the iPad version even though I don't like playing on touch screens.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I was totally pro ProPinball having been blown away by the game 20 years ago and by the Alpha beta PC builds I have. But I am now feeling they have missed the boat.

The PC game was so close to being releasable over a year ago, but it hasn't been touched for ages. They have done so much and can't believe they just can't do the last 5% and get it out there. I suspect the iOS game hasn't done well which is a shame. One table won't pay the bills I guess.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I was totally pro ProPinball having been blown away by the game 20 years ago and by the Alpha beta PC builds I have. But I am now feeling they have missed the boat.

The PC game was so close to being releasable over a year ago, but it hasn't been touched for ages. They have done so much and can't believe they just can't do the last 5% and get it out there. I suspect the iOS game hasn't done well which is a shame. One table won't pay the bills I guess.

You can't waste that much time getting a game ready and expect your audience to still be excited about a release. Look at Golgoth studios and the "Toki" remake which was first announced, with screenshots, in 2009. Then, in 2013, it was greenlit by Steam. Any sign of it since? No, not even after six years.
BattleBlock theater seems to be the exception. It took four years to release that game. Then again, with strong sales of Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers (a best seller), the Behemoth probably had a lot more money to use on resources, than does Golgoth, or Barnstorm games.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Did something happen? I don't follow the ProPinball news very closely, and have no iOS devices so I havent been able to play. But I had been hoping this was going to come out for PC or Android. It looked like they were pretty close.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014

Exactly!
They should have made the pc cab version first to make the fanbase happy and get the word out, refine the product, build multiple views etc, THEN release the final product on iOS and Android.

night

May 18, 2012
The fact is, 20 years ago Pro Pinball was the only serious pinball game out there. Now we have TPA, Zaccaria, Zen and a few smaller companies, there is plenty pinball of everything. Pro Pinball is now just another table, and it looks good and plays good, but it's not 20 years ago anymore..

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Honestly, I feel like I'm left out, like I'm not getting any updates from Barnstorm. Really a shame; I was looking forward to the project ever since. I just hope to see it finished on the PC.

On the flip side, I'm sort of glad I didn't contribute to the Kickstarter (even though I still wanted to see it succeed), because I'd be complaining more than right now.

If anyone has any news, I'd be glad to hear about it. (With their permission, of course.)

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts