PS Vita "Super Patch"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Any news on when the Vita will get the patch?

Probably at the same time than the PS3.

From Sir FlippyFloppy, today:

From what I was told, the reason there was an issue with the download was because a line was entered incorrectly that linked the download to a non-existent ball pack which is why it wasn't appearing in the store. It took Sony roughly two weeks to get back to us after we left a few messages to resolve the problem. I believe if everything works out correctly, the mega patch should roll out with the upcoming table packs. So the mega patch was submitted to Sony and were just awaiting approval.

Now, we just have to wait. :)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just to give everyone an update on the Mega Patch status, it's been in Sony's hands so were just awaiting approval. The patch didn't pass our in house testing and instead of delaying the patch any further, we wanted to send the Mega patch that would address several bugs and performance issues because that is what the idea behind the Mega patch is. Basically what the mega-patch is going to do is prompt everyone to download individual updated tables from the PSN store when anyone with an outdated goes in to play it. It shouldn't delete your trophies or save data because it is only replacing your tables.

The features pulled include the Challenge Mode and updated control settings for our Vita users. With that being said we are working on the next patch to implement these features and any other updates.

I can't give a set date since I don't know where its at with Sony, but I imagine it's not going to be much longer. Just wait for the newsletter and we should have some positive news!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
You guys do what you can do. I can dig it. Much appreciation.

Keep doin' what you guys do, (hopefully) we can keep on diggin' it.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
@FlippyFloppy: what do you mean "after work one night"? I thought work ended with daylight coming :)

But on topic, will the same -initial- fixes that apply to the PS3 version also apply to the Vita version of the Super Patch?

Jan 6, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just to give everyone an update on the Mega Patch status, it's been in Sony's hands so were just awaiting approval. The patch didn't pass our in house testing and instead of delaying the patch any further, we wanted to send the Mega patch that would address several bugs and performance issues because that is what the idea behind the Mega patch is. Basically what the mega-patch is going to do is prompt everyone to download individual updated tables from the PSN store when anyone with an outdated goes in to play it. It shouldn't delete your trophies or save data because it is only replacing your tables.

The features pulled include the Challenge Mode and updated control settings for our Vita users. With that being said we are working on the next patch to implement these features and any other updates.

I can't give a set date since I don't know where its at with Sony, but I imagine it's not going to be much longer. Just wait for the newsletter and we should have some positive news!
So when or around when will it be released

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So when or around when will it be released

The "rumor" says that the Sony's approval process takes around 6 weeks, starting from the submission date.

The megapatch has been submitted two weaks ago... and FlippyFloppy stated that the patch would be released mid-late March, if everything goes right.

But with Sony, I don't bet on this...

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
From The Pinball Arcade Facebook page:

Chris Burson posted to‎The Pinball Arcade
59 minutes ago
oh one more question...when are you guys releasing the VITA mega patch????????????????????????

The Pinball Arcade: It's been submitted already, as soon as it's approved it will be released, we're thinking the last week of this month, or the first of april.
57 minutes ago

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The Pinball Arcade: It's been submitted already, as soon as it's approved it will be released, we're thinking the last week of this month, or the first of april.
57 minutes ago

Thanks for the quote. The expected date of release confirms the 6 weeks approval time.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Any chance you can do a log listing all the changes in the patch, or at least list all the tables that have been fixed?

(if this has been done already, can someone link me up?)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Any chance you can do a log listing all the changes in the patch, or at least list all the tables that have been fixed?

No, there isn't and there won't be a changelog.... because FS didn't maintain a changelog. All the fixes have been made "along the road". List all the changes would require too much work now. (Can't find the quotes on the forum, but it's an official statement from FS).

Well I guess it's up to us to find what's new/fixed. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.