PS Vita "Super Patch"

Jan 6, 2013
So for the patch to work,we delete every thing from the memory card and then then re-download everything again is that correct??If the ball movement is faster with this fix i will be happy that was my main issues

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
So for the patch to work,we delete every thing from the memory card and then then re-download everything again is that correct??If the ball movement is faster with this fix i will be happy that was my main issues

I believe it will prompt us to redownload when you open a table.

Can you delete individual packs as it is now?

Jan 6, 2013
I believe it will prompt us to redownload when you open a table.

Can you delete individual packs as it is now?

I am just going to delete everything i have both seasons.and then i will download everything on the 1st, and then i am going to check out Black Knight and Scared Stiff and c.f.t.b.l and see what has been done .I know those 3 for sure had very slow ball movement i sure hope they fixed them.

Jan 6, 2013
Can you delete individual packs as it is now?[/QUOTE]
You should be able to.I have before i had to much on my memory card and could not get class of 1812 pack when it came out so i had to delete everything from card and not put some other games i had bought on there.I need to get a bigger memory card i just have the 4gb .The memory cards are not cheap

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Vita games delete save data upon game deletion, unless you upload it using PS+. It will keep your high scores, because that's on the server. As far as I know, DLC can't be deleted (from any game). You have to re-install the game to get rid of it all. Best to keep everything installed, then patch it when prompted.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Vita games delete save data upon game deletion, unless you upload it using PS+. It will keep your high scores, because that's on the server. As far as I know, DLC can't be deleted (from any game). You have to re-install the game to get rid of it all. Best to keep everything installed, then patch it when prompted.

That's what I figured. It would be nice to be able to manage tables like iOS and Android.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Just 2 days until the patch is released. So who is going to patch it right away and who will wait to hear how it's working for others before trying it?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Did Farsight ever give the details on Sony's patching policies?
Perhaps they've changed their policy because I see other apps getting nearly weekly updates lately.
The Netflix app gets a new update every few days it seems.

FS never gave details about this, except "Sony doesn't allow us to patch DLC".

I believe them because I encountered this situation with an other downloadable game: Hustle Kings from Voofoo Studios.

About six months after the release of the main game, Voofoo released a Snooker DLC pack.

It was OK but there was some bugs which ruins the experience (bad foul detection, which is problematic in a snooker game, and too "bouncy" pockets).

We asked Voofoo to fix the problem, and they answered they "take note" and "it was planned".

There has been a lot of game updates and bug fixes for the main game after this, but the patch for the DLC finally came almost two years after (half-2010 to 2012), when nobody played Hustle Kings anymore (a lot less players online).

So, yep, there's definitely something about patching DLC.

Moreover, for TPA, it's not really a patch for all DLC tables, as it's a re-download of all updated tables.

Just 2 days until the patch is released. So who is going to patch it right away and who will wait to hear how it's working for others before trying it?

I've already copy my savefile. As soon as the patch is available, I download it, can"t wait. And if it breaks the game... I will come here to whimper. :cool:

Last edited:

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Why did everyone forget that there already was a DLC patch? It fixed ramps (transparency), and a few other things here and there, but it was largely a disappointment because it didn't fix performance/visuals/bugs.

Jan 6, 2013

Well i cant lie about i am somewhat nervous to download this.Because Flippy Floppy said it did not pass there in house approval on a post here a ways back

Jan 6, 2013
Hello Forum Member The patch didn't pass our in house testing and instead of delaying the patch any further, we wanted to send the Mega patch that would address several bugs and performance issues because that is what the idea behind the Mega patch is.
What i do not understand is if it did not pass there testing ...why are they releasing it. So that statement there is why i do not feel to good about all this

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Seems I remember them saying that the sections that didn't pass testing would not be included in the patch. Mostly, it was an updated menu or some such.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It's table updates more than anything. I get the feeling it will be mostly cosmetic with some minor bug and performance fixes. Hopefully better frame rate.....

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Why did everyone forget that there already was a DLC patch? It fixed ramps (transparency), and a few other things here and there, but it was largely a disappointment because it didn't fix performance/visuals/bugs.

All of that visual data (transparency, lighting, etc) is in the main program + 4 initial tables.
Though I am curious how they fixed the Frankenstien Bash bug in Monster Bash without patching DLC.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The first thing I will check is CFTBL to see if the flippers have been fixed.
Then maybe play through to the wizard mode of TotAN to see if they fixed the glitch that makes it un-winnable.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The first thing I will check is CFTBL to see if the flippers have been fixed.
Then maybe play through to the wizard mode of TotAN to see if they fixed the glitch that makes it un-winnable.

?

What glitch was that?

Portrait controls and frame rate are my biggest wants. I would love dark room lighting, but that is probably asking a lot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts