PS Vita "Super Patch"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
No, there isn't and there won't be a changelog.... because FS didn't maintain a changelog. All the fixes have been made "along the road". List all the changes would require too much work now. (Can't find the quotes on the forum, but it's an official statement from FS).

Well I guess it's up to us to find what's new/fixed. :p

I'm sure there will be a thread. ;)

Count me in as one who's eagerly awaiting threads from people who aren't happy with the patch and think FS didn't do enough and are officially done with TPA.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

Count me in as one who's eagerly awaiting threads from people who aren't happy with the patch and think FS didn't do enough and are officially done with TPA.

It will be a megathread. :cool:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, the framerate issues are the worst problem on the Vita. One could nitpick various things, but they pale in comparison to the stuttering framerate.

Jan 6, 2013
When i was looking on the facebook page its says that the patch and Black rose and Fish tales will be released all at the same time ...On April 1st we will see what happens

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Thread bend: Have you gotten any of the new apps? Crackle, Hulu, etc.? It's one thing that's really been missing from the Vita, IMO. Add Vudu and Flixster and I'll be a happy camper!

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
The stuttering framerate I witnessed was mostly on Cue Ball Wizard. Certain views are worse than others. The stutter is subtle, but it's there.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Well the game has been out for 2 years now so really every single last known issue, glitch, bug, art asset or screw-up should be fixed by this patch.
Anything less than that would be not enough.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Well the game has been out for 2 years now so really every single last known issue, glitch, bug, art asset or screw-up should be fixed by this patch.

Well... the megapatch should bring at least all the fixes already released on the others devices. And there's a lot, as FS couldn't patch DLC because of Sony's policies.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well... the megapatch should bring at least all the fixes already released on the others devices. And there's a lot, as FS couldn't patch DLC because of Sony's policies.

That is really all I am expecting. But it really should be much, much more than that considering how long we have waited to get fixes to problems they never should have sold us in the first place.

EDIT: What is that in your avatar? Something about it looks really familiar...

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013

Like I said, I'm sure it won't be.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
That is really all I am expecting. But it really should be much, much more than that considering how long we have waited to get fixes to problems they never should have sold us in the first place.

Yep, me too, I hope some surprises. Who knows...

But as I said before, we have to consider that FS has pushed a lot in order that Sony allows them to patch the DLC. We can be very happy that FS has succeeded (because, despite their public announcements, Sony is narrow-minded when it comes to little studios.)

EDIT: What is that in your avatar? Something about it looks really familiar...

:p An hint: "I'm... in... your... control"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Is that the NES version of Pinbot?

Bingo.

My second pinball game (after the crappy "Macadam Bumper" on Amstrad CPC).

I think this is the game which brings back the most memories to me. I played hundreds of hours with my father (yep, hundreds) on this very good NES game (from Rare!). Nostalgia at its best.

Those were the days... and there was plenty of real pinball tables everywhere!

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Did Farsight ever give the details on Sony's patching policies?
Perhaps they've changed their policy because I see other apps getting nearly weekly updates lately.
The Netflix app gets a new update every few days it seems.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
This 'Sony is mean, it's all their fault' nonsense needs to stop. Literally every indie game developer, except Farsight, are saying people at Sony are flexible and welcoming (especially regarding the Vita), and let them release whenever they want, and will do their part to spotlight every release. The DLC patch policies? Let's make up specific sets of rules for Farsight, because they couldn't be bothered to properly develop, test, and release a functioning piece of DLC, like everyone else. Farsight's policy is to just put their stuff out there ASAP, and then maybe try to fix it a year or two later, if there's enough outcry, and the sales start to stagnate.

Members online

Members online