PS3 NA v2.19 Discussion and Feedback

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Man, I wish I read this before updating this table pack. I figure they would have tested it on several different system setups.

Bug: locks on White Water logo (menu screen), continues to play music while the PS3 is hard locked.
Anyway, here's my PS3 setup

PS3 slim (320GB Uncharted 3 bundle model)
Firmware 4.50
Hard drive upgraded to WD A/V 1TB / 5200rpm (free space 199GB/931GB)

So does anyone know what was changed with table packs 11-14?

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
the ball lags on 3/4 of the tables on the vita version (not eldorado). sucks because ive been waiting for these tables for the longest...

xRauLx77

Jul 9, 2013
Confirmed: 720p WH2O does work...

I have a 320GB slim (original hard drive, about 50Gb free space) FW 4.53

Just tried a few things:

- 1080p old save file - FREEZE
- 1080p new save file - FREEZE
- Same above for 1080i - FREEZE
- 720p both NEW and OLD save files - WORKS

I think file corruption isnt the problem here, because why such corrupted save will behave different related to what video resolution your using?

Anyway, I think some tables are realy preetier, but cant confirm that since "hellooo changelogs where are youuuuuu?!?!??", I didnt remember that Frank on MM was that clear on locked-camera 2...

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Confirmed: 720p WH2O does work...

I have a 320GB slim (original hard drive, about 50Gb free space) FW 4.53

Just tried a few things:

- 1080p old save file - FREEZE
- 1080p new save file - FREEZE
- Same above for 1080i - FREEZE
- 720p both NEW and OLD save files - WORKS

I think file corruption isnt the problem here, because why such corrupted save will behave different related to what video resolution your using?

Anyway, I think some tables are realy preetier, but cant confirm that since "hellooo changelogs where are youuuuuu?!?!??", I didnt remember that Frank on MM was that clear on locked-camera 2...

Thanks for the info. It just worries me that so many people are having issues, yet (afaik), Farsight has not been able to replicate it.

Changelogs would make a lot of sense, but for some reason they don't seem to be keen on including them for the PS3 version for whatever reason.

Honestly, I didn't notice any difference visually. I think the only tables that could have been addressed would be in table packs 11-14.
Since they came up to be re-downloaded when I checked for new tables on Season 2.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I also have the impression that something visually has changed on the tables.
Need to try out if WH20 crashes on my system this evening when I get home from work.

I did notice something: I was playing Theatre of Magic and experienced severe slowdowns. I had been playing for several hours though (on different tables, basically I was setting some "base" scores for myself for the tournament). I restarted TPA, which still didn't fully solve the issue. Restarting the PS3 did. Didn't wait in between, so doesn't look like an overheat issue. Then again, it should have just worked with a normal restart of the application too ... very weird.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
the table selection icons are so clear! why is the star treck icon different than the games? never noticed before.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Well, second game of El Dorado and it froze up the game. Didn't lock the console, but I had to PS button and quit out of the game and restart.

:(

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Request: Can anyone post screens/impressions of visuals of table packs 19/20? (And possibly packs 16 and 18 too?). (Or know where to find actual PS3 screens for these)

(Kinda wary due to previous art issues.)

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
For those with the wh20 problem see if this helps

1. Load Twilight Zone then quit out. You don't have to start a game. Just exit out at the start screen
2. Load wh20

I was able to play wh20 on 1080p by doing this...can anyone else verify?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
There is a strange bug in this version when you go to the custom ball, select one and press X it goes to this screen with overlapping text and stars? It says "All Custom Ball Packs Owned Table". I haven't bought any custom balls and the only custom balls I own are from the Star Trek and TZ Kickstarters.

tpa_ballspurchased.jpg

The custom balls are still dull looking and overall not great to look at.

Maybe the Mega Patch will address this stuff too.
Does this work for anyone?
It makes you wonder if Farsight is thinking to themselves... "Why is no one buying our custom balls?!?" :confused:

Last edited:

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Still trying to replicate this issue guys... keep any details coming. We've tried on all of our PS3s and so far not a single sign that they're about to exhibit this error.

Maybe if everyone who is having the problem can post up their hardware specs and firmware version we might find a commonality

Please go ahead and post as much detail as possible, from PS3 model, version of PS3 Firmware, Resolution, any modifications, etc etc.

smbaydp

Jan 16, 2014
Whitewater bug:

PS3 model: CECHP01 (Nov 2008 model), no mods

System Software: 4.50

Connected to Panasonic 3DTV via HDMI, sound via digital optical cable.

Resolution at 1080p

If I go to WH2O as my first game, I hear the WH2O music, but the console controls are non-responsive. This is whenever I start a new game of Pinball Arcade.

After starting Twilight Zone first (I exit out of TZ start screen), I can get in to WH2O. If I complete a game, after I enter my initials, a score summary appears with the ToTAN logo on top. After hitting X to continue, the console is non-responsive.

If I quit WH2O after playing one ball, I return to the start screen, but the ToTAN logo is where the WH2O logo should be.

If I quit WH2O, all seems to be normal. I can even quit Pinball Arcade and go back in. But if I start WH2O as my first table, I get the non-responsive issue.

After restart, eliminated 1080p and 1080i as resolution options, so 720p was selected. I opened Pinball Arcade, and selected WH2O as first table. No problem getting into the game. When I exit after 1 ball, I get the correct WH2O logo. No problems after finshing the game and entering my initials. I return to the WH2O home screen with no problems.

WIthout restarting the console, I quit Pinball Arcade. I then switched to 1080i. I selected WH2O as my first table, again I get the non-responsive issue.

Summary: Whitewater does hang unless it's playing at 720p for me. Wonder if putting sound through optical cable or being connected to 3DTV would be common to those with issues.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Didn't play much but the menu is definitely a little clearer and improved. And, like somebody else mentioned, Genie is improved visually. It's nowhere near the blinding mess that it was before. Still a rotten table with bad sound but it looks better ;)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Didn't play much but the menu is definitely a little clearer and improved. And, like somebody else mentioned, Genie is improved visually. It's nowhere near the blinding mess that it was before. Still a rotten table with bad sound but it looks better ;)
I thought the menu was a little crisper looking.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

It's sure for the better looking menu.

But overall, there's definitely something new in the graphics. Everything seems much crisper, on all tables. I launched Rbion and it blows at my face: it's kind of... more vibrant.

But I haven't play TPA since one month (since the megapatch delay), maybe it's because of that (perhaps I just see TPA with a new eye).

Apr 8, 2012
Whitewater bug:

I've got a super slim PS3 running system software version 4.50. I'm using a Samsung UN46ES6500 2012 TV running at 1080p using game mode.

I updated TPA, started a game of Genie and played one ball, exited to the menu and tried to start WH2O. It completely locked my system. I had to hard reset it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Slim 160 gb model running 4.50 software. Video output is 1080p. Go to owned tables and select WH20. Game says "welcome to wet willy's" but never leaves table select screen. Continues to play WH20 music but has locked the system. No inputs from controller will work and a hard reset from the system's power button is required.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I'll post my specs

Ps3 160gb slim
Happened on 4.50 and when I updated to 4.53
LG 32inch tv 1080p, 120hz refresh rate

Worth noting that WW works upon switching to 720p. However, the CO1812 bug happens in 720p but not in 1080p for me.

Edit: CO1812 will be fixed in whatever the next patch will be

Last edited:

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts