PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Dont you turn unto a ngative nelly syt! Ill slap you with my plhallus!

Some issues with tng cam according to chat...deal!

Startyde

Nov 1, 2012
Something is very screwy with Twilight Zone. 3 times in a now hitting the ball to the upper right flipper, it gets stuck underneath. Tilt and Calling Attendant does nothing, you have to quit the table.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The new menu is much better than the old one IMO. I like the tables in alpha order.

It certainly does help to find the one you want. Although it's funny when the name in the list is abbreviated in such a way that it looks like it's out of alphabetical order, like ToTAN being in the right spot for "Tales," but being listed as just "Arabian Nights." ; )

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm guessing those Goal Stars are just a placeholder?
Everything with TPA seems to be a work in progress...

So who thinks we will ever see a night/day lighting slider on the PS3 version of TPA?

thorphin

Jun 27, 2012
We all agree the menu is ugly. It's no surprise to those of us who have played the iOS version, though.

The important thing is that the thing is more functional than it used to be. It doesn't take *nearly* as long to find the table you want to play. The tables are now alphabetical, which is great, because it's getting hard to remember which table pack each table came from.

Is it the best interface for a television? No, because it's a port of an interface designed for touch. But I think it actually works better than it does on iOS. The table stars not working is annoying, but I believe iOS had this problem initially too.

The important thing is the Star Trek plays really well. I'm kind of amazed at how much complaining there is about the menu. I mean, ok it sucks, but you bought the thing to play pinball, right? Eh, anyway, we have an improved menu *interface* and a shiny new table to play, so I think we're coming out ahead.

Oh, and the table flyer (and the resulting comment about a BBS gif) made me laugh. Luckily, we have proper websites like these: http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=pinballdb&id=799&image=1

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
STTNG seems smaller to me the far view the flippers seem tiny. need a custom camera with LOCK. We need a Patch list 2.08 and 2.09.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
OK time to say something nice about the update..
Anyone else notice how much better Elvira and the Party Monsters looks with this update?!?

I don't know exactly what they changed, but it looks drastically different and improved.

I'll try and list what i think changed:

The ramps look like they have more shading to them.
The Boogie Men look better.
The in lanes have transparent covers on them now.
There is a translucent plastic in front of the Boogie Men.
The color and contrast are improved.

There are still a couple problems though. I don't know if these are new or just stick out now that everything else looks better.

1. "The Monster Slide" sign graphic is low resolution.
2. When the bumpers are lit they have no textures to them.

I'm also noticing some changes with Circus Voltaire and Bride of Pin*Bot.
Perhaps it's just the global lighting changes they've applied that are making them look different. They almost look like "night mode" now.

I don't remember the lights flashing around her head like that either. Again, they might be more obvious with the darker view.

Update #2 - Black Knight still looks like a box of feces. :(

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Don't like that they wrote "Arabian Nights" as the table name but alphabetically placed it as tales.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is it my imagination or does the table graphic look lower resolution and blander in Taxi?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Is it the best interface for a television? No, because it's a port of an interface designed for touch. But I think it actually works better than it does on iOS.
Yeah, I find it tricky to use on my Android phone--way easier with the PS3 controller.

Oh, and the table flyer (and the resulting comment about a BBS gif) made me laugh.
Yeah kind of a pixelated mess, could definitely stand improvement there.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Someone got some Android fugliness in my PS3!! My goodness this front end looks like something cobbled together by a bedroom programmer on a BBC Model B while blindfolded. Drab, pixellated back splashes/table logos and very amateurish overall.

On a more positive note, if you drop to 720p to get rid of the flipper lag the menu does look smoother though. I find it quicker to find the table you want to play too and glad it hides the ones I haven't bought.

I can't be bothered to create a new thread, but v1.06 is out for Europe. Ditto all the comments about the look of things and the stars not working (and also being offset to the left of the box they are in?!?! *basic stuff*). But to add to the pile, it looks like the "started too quickly" bug has come back to CV and Fun House where a new game won't initiate properly after finishing the previous one. Doesn't happen everytime but had it a couple of times this evening.

On a somewhat of a side note, I tried the Android version today for the first time in quite a few months and that has come on leaps and bounds. Sad to say but though it's not as shiny as the PS3 version, it's a lot more playable. Ended up buying a few tables.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Anyone else have the PS3 lock up when exiting a table?
This happened to me when exiting from Monster Bash.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Is it me or are the tables much more reflective? I don't remember the ball reflection being that noticeable before.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Everyone is complaining that the background art is monochromatic, but keep in mind, if it was full color, everything would just get lost in the artwork. The icons, the table image....it would be a mess. Gotta love the EATPM menu with those honkers bobbing between the table and the menu icon!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I can't tell yet if the "ball through the flipper"-bug has been erased from the game because I only played a short session so far... however I already can tell that a new one has been added, and it's called "ball WITHIN the flipper". Instead of bouncing off it kind of wobbled inside it for a second or two until it finally fell out of it and drained. And that was about five minutes into the game after starting it for the first time since the update.

There's no use in writing something about the new menu. Others already did it in droves... and apart from that it's glaringly obvious to everyone (except for Farsight) what's wrong with it.

And, quelle surprise, no kickstarter redemption code to be found in my mailbox so far. And to be honest I don't expect one to arrive there for a couple of weeks.

I don't know, it just all gets somewhat boring at this stage.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I find the update a step in the right direction. The menu I don;t really care about, the tables are easier to find and the look and function of the stars in the goals thing can be fixed.

The tables I played, STTNG, BH and FH all played great and I posted better scores than I have in the past. I actually locked a ball for the first time on BH.

So yeah, a step in the right direction for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts