PS3 Pinball Arcade in 3D

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
Ive just tryed 3D in TPA. Yet again its a jocke... even that 3D looks really good, its makeing most of the tables unplayable, and kind of able to cheat due slow motion during multi-ball. Some of the score displays, change position when going from plunger to game view. There is weird small change of sharpness sometimes, when you going from holding the ball into hitting it. I just dont get it... why to add an option which is broken? To tick the box that you have it? Its just a jocke, pure piss take.
I must add that now im happy owner of 6 versions of TPA. Ive got ipad version, vita, ps3 US, PS3 UK, PS4 US, PS4 UK.
I really wish zen will offer this guy which is responsible for physics a job, and to create a counter product (real tables, and simulator). I can guarantee that FS would not stand a year. And im not being silly, ive never had so meany versions of one game, because the idea of this game is fantastic, just quality is a jocke. Zen i hope you reading this...

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Ive just tryed 3D in TPA. Yet again its a jocke... even that 3D looks really good, its makeing most of the tables unplayable, and kind of able to cheat due slow motion during multi-ball. Some of the score displays, change position when going from plunger to game view. There is weird small change of sharpness sometimes, when you going from holding the ball into hitting it. I just dont get it... why to add an option which is broken? To tick the box that you have it? Its just a jocke, pure piss take.
I must add that now im happy owner of 6 versions of TPA. Ive got ipad version, vita, ps3 US, PS3 UK, PS4 US, PS4 UK.
I really wish zen will offer this guy which is responsible for physics a job, and to create a counter product (real tables, and simulator). I can guarantee that FS would not stand a year. And im not being silly, ive never had so meany versions of one game, because the idea of this game is fantastic, just quality is a jocke. Zen i hope you reading this...

I haven't had any slow downs while playing in 3D. I don't understand why some people are having that issue and some aren't.

They did mess up on many of the non-table elements. To some extent this makes sense because these elements weren't programmed in a 3D space like the tables were. However the number of errors is inexcusable. Either their QA is incompetent or it doesn't exist or management did not allow them the resources to fix the problems. You don't even need to launch the ball to see many of these issues. I started to document them and was told by FarSight that they already had the issues in their issues log so I stopped.

However, since the tables are great, I love the 3D in TPA. I wish it worked as well for everyone as it does for me!

FarSight has exclusive licenses to produce digital versions of pinball machines that were produced by Williams, Bally, Gotlieb, and Stern. What pinball machines would you have Zen produce? Anyway, Zen has been adamant in their answers to questions about reproducing virtual versions of real machines that they are not interested. They clearly want to exclusively concentrate on original tables that could only exist in the virtual world.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Well the 3D is really good, really adds to your immersion of the table, and i have really only had slow down on one table, monster bash, when the camera goes to the top half of the table, and i noticed i got slow down when a friend coming online notification appeared(This was solved quickly buy switching off notifications).

Oh and i read you could fine tune the 3D effect but holding the triangle button and using the left stick, but i have been unable to get this to work, am i doing this right, or did i dream this setting up. lol

But apart from those minor things its all great stuff. :D

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Well the 3D is really good, really adds to your immersion of the table, and i have really only had slow down on one table, monster bash, when the camera goes to the top half of the table, and i noticed i got slow down when a friend coming online notification appeared(This was solved quickly buy switching off notifications).

Oh and i read you could fine tune the 3D effect but holding the triangle button and using the left stick, but i have been unable to get this to work, am i doing this right, or did i dream this setting up. lol

But apart from those minor things its all great stuff. :D

Hold down triangle while using right stick.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I tried it last night and it looks absolute amazing!! Like Firefox2000 I did notice that Monster Bash slows down when the ball is in the top half. Haven't tried switching to fixed camera, maybe that solves the issue,.

And thanks for the tip, Brakel!

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I found that MB slows down in 3D particularly badly also when you get multiball, making it almost unplayable.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't had any slow downs while playing in 3D but I rarely play MB. I'll have to give that a try tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts