Bug PS3 Version 2.0.3 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Yeah, me too, I agree that the tables look AWFUL on the select screen though and there's that bloody annoying extra graphic on BK.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
With all these issues people are having, maybe I should hold off getting it for the time being? It was either this, two Zen tables or TWD ep 3.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Yes the artwork on the menu screen on the backgrounds and the tables look godawful! But once you play them they seem ok graphics wise.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So im the only person whos lost all sounds even on xmb

I don't think a program is capable of making global changes to your PS3 system settings, but check your Sound Settings in the XMB.
I have my video going through the HDMI and my audio going through the PS3 Multi-type cable so I can send it to my headphones.

Good luck.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
im an idiot:) my ps3 headset was on, I just so happen to cloe enough to hear a beep. Sorry for the panic.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
My download speeds are so slow it could be another couple of days before I can comment. This has gotten absurd. Might have to make the switcheroo to iOS because of this.

Edit: holy crap I fixed it. I paused and resumed the download and it went back to normal.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
My god you can't see CFTBL left slingshot and other areas look like they are in low-res, both tables are in low-res...Lord Byron what rez are you running at?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I have tried all resolutions except 480p and they the tables themselves and the menu slection screens look horrible ob DLC#4!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Black Knight table art looks terrible. Looks like it was pulled from a fire and cleaned with a scrub brush. :( was really looking forward to it. I have been pretty on board with everything so far but this is a mess!

Art totally covered by a odd black scorch mark
CAM00084.jpg

Snagged a image off Google to compare
pf3H.jpg

Yeah, this table is waaaaaay too dark! This is one table that unfortunately looks better on WPHOF. It's a shame too because it was one of my favorites.

The original looks so much better with it's bright and colorful table graphics, glass & ball reflections also go a very long way on this table.

I hope they can clean this up a bit in an update. What is that really dark spot? It looks as if it's spread way further than it should have. "Black Death" perhaps?!

They need to make it look more like the real table...
image-4.jpg

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
It seems one of the launch ball cameras is changed. Not for the better. You have the front view, the top down view then the view to the right.
The view to the right has a really low angle that seems completely useless. I went through all the table and CV and MB are the only tables with the old camera angle.
And CFTBL has a completely different angle from the rest and has a high angle for the right view. Very inconstant. Can anyone else confirm.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Running my PS3 at 1080p and all tables look great with patch 2.03, except for Black Knight:). BN looks very low res maybe 480p :mad:. And the Monster Bash Frankenstein nudge has been fixed. Great patch update, please do not change the table visuals accept for Black Knight. I'm starting to wonder about Far Sight's quality control with the releases:confused:. Please fix Black Knight table visual to look as crisp/sharp as the other tables!;)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Bug: On Black Knight (PS3 version 2.0.3):
(The ball goes right through the upper play field lock. It's lit up and everything.
This has happened several times.

Also, when multiball starts with two balls it tends to shoot one of them straight between the flippers!

Is anyone else having these issues?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Running my PS3 at 1080p and all tables look great with patch 2.03, except for Black Knight:). BN looks very low res maybe 480p :mad:. And the Monster Bash Frankenstein nudge has been fixed. Great patch update, please do not change the table visuals accept for Black Knight. I'm starting to wonder about Far Sight's quality control with the releases:confused:. Please fix Black Knight table visual to look as crisp/sharp as the other tables!;)

Yes, the visuals are muddled on BK and as already pointed out with screenshots, graphical glitches I'm going to call "Black Blooming" (that one on the right lower playfield even covers up part of the "Magna Save" emblem...)

Bug: On Black Knight (PS3 version 2.0.3):
(The ball goes right through the upper play field lock. It's lit up and everything.
This has happened several times.

Also, when multiball starts with two balls it tends to shoot one of them straight between the flippers!

Is anyone else having these issues?

Yes to the upper play field lock problem... additionally, when two balls are locked and you shoot the third one into the upper lock, the ball often becomes stuck rather than starting the 3 ball multiball. You have to use call attendant, and it will happen repeatedly until you can hit the lock saucer in the lower area to start multiball that way.

There are also numerous sound glitches as well as missing sounds. When each ball ejects at the beginning of multiball, there should always be that rapid-fire lightning sound along with the flashing lights. That doesn't happen.

Also, and I may be wrong, but it does not appear that end of ball bonuses award you the bonus multipliers!! I remember on the real table, you'd see the bonus tick off entirely once for each multiplier you had (with each multiplier light going out as it did so.) Not so here! Is it even giving the multiplier points? I'd have to keep a sharp eye on my score and do the math, but something looks wrong with it.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I don't know who they had working on BK (the work-experience janitor perhaps?) but the scripting and now visuals are staggeringly poor, and significantly worse than PHOF which at least gets the rules mostly right (and looks better).

If they don't want to at least try to get the simulation right, then don't bother converting that game at all. I'm just amazed that somebody at FS is able to look at BK pre-release and say "Yes, that's good enough". Are the beta testers flagging any of this up? Are FS taking any notice of what they say?

How are we all going to feel if TZ or ST:TNG ships with these kind of mistakes?

Edit: The 2-stage flippers really don't work with BK. I know technically that the two leaf switches on BK's buttons connect separately but it's not an intentional part of the game design and more a technical limitation of the time. I'm having to squeeze the crap out of the L1/R1 buttons to get the upper flippers to connect reliably. It's not comfortable and it's not fun. An option to disable 2-stage flipper buttons please!

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
The CV outlanes are now draining even harder. If you're getting past the second ringmaster in one game now you're a hell of a lucky player.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The CV outlanes are now draining even harder. If you're getting past the second ringmaster in one game now you're a hell of a lucky player.

Can't confirm this - the outlanes feel okay now, not so many cheap drains anymore.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
What about creature guys? That table is all in low-res also...you can see plastic where you shouldn't, the graphics are muddled in areas...Hope there is a patch soon to fix the resolution on the tables and on the menu select!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.