PS4 NA v1.00 Master Bug List

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I actually completely agree with you. I'm very open to this being a problem with the way TPA integrates with the UI, whether that be the way in which it downloads updates or something else. It could very well be a conflict with the PS4 operating system, but again, that would be a software problem, not a hardware problem. I just don't see any evidence at this time that points to this being the result of defective hardware. There are simply too many other likely scenarios to consider before taking the "your PS4 is broken, LULZ!" route.

This is exactly the type of finger-pointing I was talking about. My posts have been plenty constructive, but if you want to keep on with the statistically unlikely odds that a bunch of different PS4s throughout the world, from different batches and different manufacturing plants, have an identical hardware defect that manifests exclusively on this game, then there isn't much more for me to contribute. Good luck with that.

I'm sorry Queue. Sometimes I'm a complete moron. I completely misunderstood your posts on this subject.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
I'm sorry Queue. Sometimes I'm a complete moron. I completely misunderstood your posts on this subject.

I know that you're being facetious, but I just want you to know that I have nothing against you personally. It's just incredibly frustrating trying to describe a visual anomaly that is highly subjective in degree of severity.

You have a point that this could be something other than a bug in TPA's code, and I agree: I don't think that this is necessarily TPA's fault. However, I do think that it's a software-related issue, and if it's not caused by TPA itself, I would be inclined to look next at the PS4 operating system. It is a particular problem that I only encounter with this game, though, (and I don't mean frame rate drops in general, but erratic, random, unrepeatable frame rate stuttering) so I have to take that into account when troubleshooting.

My apologies for any unnecessarily harsh tone of words.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I know that you're being facetious, but I just want you to know that I have nothing against you personally. It's just incredibly frustrating trying to describe a visual anomaly that is highly subjective in degree of severity.

You have a point that this could be something other than a bug in TPA's code, and I agree: I don't think that this is necessarily TPA's fault. However, I do think that it's a software-related issue, and if it's not caused by TPA itself, I would be inclined to look next at the PS4 operating system. It is a particular problem that I only encounter with this game, though, (and I don't mean frame rate drops in general, but erratic, random, unrepeatable frame rate stuttering) so I have to take that into account when troubleshooting.

My apologies for any unnecessarily harsh tone of words.

I was serious. I think we've found some kind of understanding. It's all good. Carry on! :D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Has no one else experienced the Star Trek glitch where the view gets stuck in Plunger Cam at the start of Final Frontier? It happens to me nearly every time so I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

A quick look at the Star Trek subforum shows that it was reported on other platforms over a year ago. Has it been fixed in other versions? It's massively annoying and has a big impact on scoring potential.

We're mostly just confining ourselves to bugs that are new to the PS4 version. The workaround for plunger cam and other camera problems is to turn Multiball Camera to "ON" and Event Camera to "OFF."

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Star trek without the event camera is impossible to play though, hitting the meteor shots from the cannons is ridiculously hard. And yes, I've had the final frontier bug too. Anyone know the cavern sequence is?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Star trek without the event camera is impossible to play though, hitting the meteor shots from the cannons is ridiculously hard. And yes, I've had the final frontier bug too. Anyone know the cavern sequence is?

For the stuck-in-plunger-cam-at-Final-Frontier bug specifically, all you need is "Multiball Camera" = ON.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
We're mostly just confining ourselves to bugs that are new to the PS4 version. The workaround for plunger cam and other camera problems is to turn Multiball Camera to "ON" and Event Camera to "OFF."

Ah, gotcha. I barely played the PS3 version so this was the first time I was experiencing it. Thanks for the workaround.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
On Big Shot, the "SPECIAL" insert to the lower right of the center pop bumper illuminates much more dimly than the otherwise identical one on the left side of the bumper; it is so dim that it can be hard to tell when it is lit.

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
Hey guys I posted this video on the Pinball Arcade Facebook page though I'm not sure if they have noticed it it if its visible to anyone but myself? But thought if post a link here too , it is a ps4 recording of the slowdown that occurs on circus Voltaire . It was recorded with neutral room light setting bit ps4 recording seem darker but even with the lower resolution and 30 fps recording u can clearly see the slowdown , in that particular game it happened quite a few times particularly on getting the ringmaster jackpot when the ball ejected (a vid I also have posted on TPA Facebook page)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203076533299275 , hopefully the link works and can be helpful for Farsight

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
It was recorded with neutral room light setting bit ps4 recording seem darker but even with the lower resolution and 30 fps recording u can clearly see the slowdown , in that particular game it happened quite a few times particularly on getting the ringmaster jackpot when the ball ejected (a vid I also have posted on TPA Facebook page)

It's very visible at 0:06 of your video. Interestingly, the brief slow-down/stutter looks almost like slow motion when captured at 30 frames a second, which has me seriously wondering if the frame rate drops that so many have complained about are really even frame rate drops at all.

Great job at capturing this on video! Since the last time I posted, I, too, have noticed that the game seems to stutter a lot when the ball is ejected from a slot or lock. It happens to me quite frequently on Funhouse, when the ball is ejected from the right-side hole on the lower half of the playfield, after the ball has entered the mystery mirror.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203076461057469 this is the second ps4 video where u can see some slowdown as the ball ejects after ringmaster jackpot.

Yes, I watched that one, too. It's probably just a coincidence, but you can also briefly see the stutter in that video at 0:06, as the first ball to be ejected is falling down toward the flippers, right when it passes over the boom balloon. This is exactly what I've been referring to when complaining about ball stutter. So for those who don't know what to look for, pay close attention to the balls at around 0:06 of each video.

It seems to happen constantly on Cirqus Voltaire, more so than any other table. It happens on most other tables that I play, though, so it can't be an isolated issue with CV, either. The only table that I've never experienced it with is Big Shot, but again, that's probably just coincidence — or due to the fact that BS is the least graphics-intensive table from Season 1.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Now we need to get someone from FarSight to watch the video and document the problem for someone to fix.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Huh, so at times the game actually slows down and runs in a bit of slow motion. Very interesting! I definitely don't get that problem on my machine, haven't seen the more standard stuttery type either. Good to have video of it!!

EDIT: Those are both played in a low, locked camera angle... I'd be tempted to wonder if that (the low angle) had something to do with it, but Queue said he plays in camera 3, the high angle.

Hey you know come to think of it, at one point on the PS3, there was slow-motion slowdown like that when certain tables were played--but only in a low camera angle!!

Last edited:

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
Those are both played in a low, locked camera angle... I'd be tempted to wonder if that (the low angle) had something to do with it, but Queue said he plays in camera 3, the high angle.

I thought maybe so, too. However, just to be sure, I deleted my save file and tested every table setting and camera mode, and it stutters regardless of the variables selected. Multiball camera on/off, event camera on/off, table cameras 1, 2, 3, and 4 — it stutters all the same.

The slow motion bit is interesting. While playing, it sometimes looked as if the ball was actually slowing down, but it usually happened so fast that I dismissed it as an optical illusion caused by the frame rate rapidly dropping. Now that we have footage to analyze, though, it appears as if the game actually is slowing down! I'm left wondering if the frame rate is even dropping at all, or if the supposed stutter is actually just the ball(s) intermittently decelerating or lagging.

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
In Darrell's video with slowdown, bullet time effect, matrix effect, whatever you wanna call it in his vid... its a little more pronounced at 60fps. Its more like the ball chugs, at least in my estimation when I had that issue, because the frame rate dip is a drastic drop for that second or two.

Thanks Darrell for posting what I had and what some players are experiencing. I tried via the share button. When I would hit the share button and it brings up the how to share your experience video clip/ screenshot... just looking at the vid box, I never saw what I had just experienced with a hit in the fps department. A friends phone didnt capture it as well. (he had a crummy phone, but it was worth a shot)

Ive been issue free with this since a re-dl. Now that Darrell has posted maybe that issue can be looked at and that nuisance fixed.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Any sign of the patch? I've hardly played it due to the sound being annoying.

It might be a while. The first patch was submitted about the same time that the game was released. They said the sound fix will be in the second patch. Don't even know if the second patch has been submitted yet. But now that the holidays are over I hope things start moving.

Queue

Aug 28, 2013
The first patch was submitted about the same time that the game was released.

Question (and this goes for everybody): When you downloaded TPA on the PS4, did you also get a notification that an update file was downloading? I've received notifications for update files with most of my other DLC games, but never with TPA — and I've downloaded it about ten times.

I ask because I'm curious to know if TPA installs update patches independently of the PS4 operating system. Since I've never received a notification that an update was downloaded/installed, I assume that it does.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Question (and this goes for everybody): When you downloaded TPA on the PS4, did you also get a notification that an update file was downloading? I've received notifications for update files with most of my other DLC games, but never with TPA — and I've downloaded it about ten times.

I ask because I'm curious to know if TPA installs update patches independently of the PS4 operating system. Since I've never received a notification that an update was downloaded/installed, I assume that it does.

On PS3, TPA used the standard Sony patching system. I'd be surprised if it's any different on PS4. We haven't had an update yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts