[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

rothbauerw

Jun 24, 2016
Great mod NoEx! With the new UI changes, I'm noticing when the screen resizes after a game, the mouse pointer gets mislocated so that the start button on my cab no longer allows me to restart a game. Is it possible to move the mouse after resizing the screen so the buttons work as intended?

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
Great mod NoEx! With the new UI changes, I'm noticing when the screen resizes after a game, the mouse pointer gets mislocated so that the start button on my cab no longer allows me to restart a game. Is it possible to move the mouse after resizing the screen so the buttons work as intended?
This would be very helpful, though I'll see if I can get some workaround happening on my system. Having the screen size change is really nice for getting around, though. Updating the mod to work with .12 is also hugely appreciated. :D

Drybonz

Jun 27, 2016
Hi NoEx... first want to say thanks for updating the mod for every new PA version... I'm sure it's a pain to keep up with that, but it is appreciated. Your mod is really great.

I am having an issue with the latest versions (older ones always ran perfect for me) similar to the ones mentioned above with the game freezing on launch with a dialog box from Steam popping up. I tried setting the Steam exe to admin, as you suggested, but still having the same issue. I have my "auto-start" path going to the DX11.exe... should I change it to the Steam.exe, or maybe make some other changes? Any help is appreciated.

Also... I was wondering about the possibility of adding a filter so that certain tables could run with the mod off. The reason this would be useful is because of tables like Scared Stiff, or Haunted House, that actually have a camera zoom feature (spider wheel, lower playfield zoom) that is nice and useful. I think I read you saying somewhere that there was no way to leave those "event zooms" or whatever they call them on with the mod running... so that is why I was wondering about the possiblility of the mod excluding (or giving the option to exclude) those tables.

Thanks again for the mod and work maintaining it. :)

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Which version of Windows are you using? I finally got mine to run properly again on Win10 64bit.
The main problem is that Windows 10 does not allow Steam to auto start in admin mode! I'll give you a more detailed description as soon as i have a little more time.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Drybonz

Jun 27, 2016
I'm on Windows 8.1, but it might be the same problem. Any tips are appreciated, and I'm sure it would be good to have documented here anyway. Thanks.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
OK, give this a try:

Right click on PinballArcade11.exe and Steam.exe and uncheck "Run as Admin" in Propertis -> Compatibility for both programms.

Restart your computer

Start Steam, go to Settings -> Interface and uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts"

Restart your computer

Start Steam from your Steam folder by double clicking on "Steam.exe". Note that it is now run in regular mode.

Start the Task Manager and click on the "Detail" column.
Right click on the column header and add the "Elevated" column.

Look for the 3 Steam services. They have to show the following in the elevated column:

Steam.exe - No
SteamService.exe - Yes
Steamwebhelper.exe - No

No means no admin mode, yes means admin mode applied.
If your results are different, right click on the service that shows the wrong parameter, go to Properties -> Compatability and check or uncheck "Run as Admin" untill it maches the above settings.

Restart your computer

Open Steam by double clicking steam.exe

Go to Settings and check "Run Steam when my computer starts"

Restart your computer

Steam should now show up in the Tray bar. If not, you have to uncheck "Run Steam when my computer starts" and create a task in the task scheduler that starts Steam.exe at login with the "-silent" parameter added in the box below the .exe path in the Action column. Make shure it's set to "Active". If you had to use the scheduler restart your computer. Steam should now show up in the tray bar.

Go to the Task Manager and make shure that under elevated everything is still like shown above.

Start your "JoyToKey" or whatever you are useing in admin mode.

Start the FreeCamMod in admin mode.

If set up like this, it runs perfect for me.

Just in case that this works for you:

I had to translate the names used by windows because i use a german install. Feel free to correct it, and i will edit it in. The native speakers out there can also correct the text and put the proper english version in a new post.

Hope that helps!

Drybonz

Jun 27, 2016
Thank you very much for the instructions... my problems is that I can't get Steam to start with Windows. Even when using the task scheduler, every time I restart, there is no Steam.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Have you set the scheduler to run steam on computer start or on a finished login? On my cab steam does not start when the action is triggerd on computer start! Try setting it to log in. There must be a checkbox for waiting until the log in is finished.

Drybonz

Jun 27, 2016
Yes! Finally, that was the problem. I had to set it to run at log in also, instead of system start. Everything is working perfectly now... I can auto-start PA through the mod again.

Danke!

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
Anyone come up with a workaround for this? I'd like to avoid having to dedicate a button to mouse relocation. Directional inputs haven't seemed to do the trick. Maybe I'm just missing something?

Edit: Turns out mouse and XInput left joystick will both move the pointer. Still, neither is ideal for cabinet usage. Setting the landing place the cursor after resize would be a very appreciated update. In the meantime, I'm looking into building a listening script that will move the mouse to where it needs to be.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hey NoEx ... not sure if its just me and my setup, but I can't seem to right-click the DMD once I have it in place on 2nd monitor so that I can choose to save it for the table profile. When I right-click on the DMD, I see the right-click menu for a split second then it disappears. Can't get it to stay up long enough to save the DMD position.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
Turn the back glass off in the Mod's yellow onscreen window. Right click on the DMD at the far right otherwise the option window will be covered by the DMD. Save the DMD.
Turn the back glass on and bring the DMD to the front.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have discovered two bugs this weekend on 1.51.8, DX11 (I used camera 2 as my viewing angle).

TZ-Upon loading a ball into the gumball machine, the camera zooms in all the way to a small left-hand corner of the DMD/backglass area. It's supposed to zoom into the gumball machine itself.

Diner-On approx 8/10 ball drains, the ball comes to a sudden stop just before disappearing altogether. Awkward, but doesn't affect gameplay.

Windows 10 64-bit
HP envy 700-406
AMD A-10 7700k Radeon 3.4 GHz
NVidia GTX GeForce 950
12 GB Ram

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Turn the back glass off in the Mod's yellow onscreen window. Right click on the DMD at the far right otherwise the option window will be covered by the DMD. Save the DMD.
Turn the back glass on and bring the DMD to the front.

Thanks Schreibi! That did the trick.

schreibi341

Jun 5, 2016
After the last update i went offline on steam copied my 1.51.8 exe into the TPA folder so i can keep playing with the mod. TPA crashes now when i enter the table select screen. It even crashes with the mod turned off. The newest 1.52.x version without the mod runs just fine. Anyone else with this problem?

rampachuflo

Aug 1, 2016
When I start the Camera Mod, the Overlay shows up by default in my setup. The Table's backglass looks great at that point. But if I then hide the Overlay, and then show it again more than once, the Backglass becomes corrupted. Once the first Backglass becomes corrupted, the Backglass on every other table I bring up afterwards is also corrupted. It remains that way until I exit the Cam Mod and restart it. I am using the NumPad0 key to Hide and Show the Overlay.

Here is the Addams Family backglass as it looks when I first start. It looks great:

Ok_Backglass.jpg

Here is the corrupted Addams Family backglass as it looks after I Hide the Overlay and Show it again two more times. (Sometimes just one more time.):

Corrupted_Backglass.jpg

Notes:
1. I have been away from PC version of TPA and so away from the Camera Mod for awhile. In the last couple of days I have loaded everything from scratch. Hence that's why I have been having a need to Hide/Show the Overlay as I experiment/test everything.

2. I am running with NoEx's fantastic Cam Mod build v1.5, with TPA version 1.47.8 DX11. I have downloaded fresh copies of all of Robert's great 1600x1200 Backglass (with Grill) files for all of the tables, as well as fresh copies of all of Robert's awesome Camera Files.

3. I am running with two monitors, both on a GTX960 graphics card.

4. This behavior happens to me even if the Hide/Show/Hide/Show sequence is done across different tables.

5. The Hide/Show/Hide/Show NumPad0 presses don't always have to all be immediately one after the other to trigger the backglass corruption. I am seeing a cumulative effect. (I can play pinball between the Hides and the Shows and it still happens.)

Edit: I'm wondering if others are able to reproduce this issue, or if it's just me having this problem. If anyone has a chance to try, please post your results. An easy way to test it is to Show the Overlay while in Addams Family, then press the NumPad0 key 4-6 times, and then see if the backglass becomes corrupted as seen in the lower photo above. I have a 2 monitor setup, but maybe it happens with a 3 monitor setup too.

First of all sorry my english

I experienced the same problems as seattlemark, I have a offline cabinet with version 1.47.8 (the new UI is horrible....)

At first, everything goes well, but when you play 3 or 4 tables the second screen becomes corrupted as seattlemark said.

The solution is, press numpad0 and "hide backglass" and "show backglass" but of course you need a keyboard in the cabinet to do that

I realized that if I turn off the DMD the problem goes away and I don't care because I have backglass with transparencies, this could solve my problem unless the setting isn't saved at exit PA.

So, any idea what's happening? or at least, any way to switch off dmd permanently? (in settings.ini there aren't options to do that, only turn off both backglass+dmd)

Thank you very much in advance!!

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Just downloaded the latest mod, but its not playing ball. Keeps saying error in xml document 2,1 or something like that. Not sure if its me, the mod or the game! :( Is this a common problem does anyone know?

EDIT: A restart seemed to over come the issue i think. But still not playable...do the camera files need to be set again? For some reason the camera adjustments doesn't seem to work as before either. Not sure whats going on haha.

Last edited:

rothbauerw

Jun 24, 2016
Just updated to v1.72. Camera views are not working in this version. When I load a table, instead of seeing the playfield I now see the ceiling of the game room. This happens for all view on all tables.

Looks like the same issue as L33.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.