[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

stefb

Mar 30, 2016
I had, i think, the same problem, couldn't launch any table , it was working a few time then suddenly , nothing to do, all time the game crashed with the free cam on my pincab .I was on windows 10 32bits and tried many possible solutions.
Re-installed all in win 7 X64, all is working fine now.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yup, ran into the same issue last time. Game runs with the mod, but crash happened when selecting a table. Some reinstall of the mod and settings.ini later it worked again.
Never happened before the 1.4.8 version.
Haven't updated the game and mod to the new version yet

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
For some reason, the auto updating feature doesn't work properly and the new build isn't downloaded, this is why the game is crashing. Does it crash on any tables or only on new ones?

L33, if it's still crashing for you, can you please send me your mod executable?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
For some reason, the auto updating feature doesn't work properly and the new build isn't downloaded, this is why the game is crashing. Does it crash on any tables or only on new ones?

L33, if it's still crashing for you, can you please send me your mod executable?

You might have to explain what that means...computers aren't my thing. Ha ha. If u let me know what to do I'll sort it :)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
The 1.48.9 error I am seeing when launching the Mod is a separate issue from the tables crashing issue. I'll clean out my Mod folder and re download the executable ... it should update the Mod properly that way. Once that is done, if the Mod crashes when trying to launch a table, I will let you know. Yesterday on 1.48.8, it did not matter what table I tried to launch in the Mod, they all crashed. But I'm hoping that the TPA fix on 1.48.9 will clear that up.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
The mod has been updated to work with version v1.49.9, restart it.

*UPDATE*

Everything is working fine now! So ... For me, I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 this weekend for other reasons. Yes Noex Mod runs just fine on Windows 10 ... I'm proof.

After getting TPA and the Free Cam Mod installed back on my system, I had to make sure both the Free Cam Mod exe and the TPA DX11 exe were both set to "Run as Administrator" (right-click\properties\compatibility tab\check box "Run as Administrator"). That ensures the Mod will run and that the input devices (in my case keyboard and mouse) will work.

Secondly, making sure my PBAFreeCaeraMod folder was clean was crucial. I re downloaded NoEx's Free Camera Mod RAR and unzipped to a fresh new folder. Then copied over my Backglass, Camera files, and my setup.ini from a backup I had. From a fresh install of the Mod exe, it updated properly to the latest ver.

Thirdly, when TPA releases a new table, from my experience, they usually release a ver that has bugs. They usually let it run over the weekend and a mass of folks beat the crap out of them on FaceBook. Then TPA fixes most of the big issues and does an update on Monday afternoon which causes the release of a new version (this last weekend it went from new release 1.48.8 to the fix 1.48.9) in which poor NoEx has to run around behind them and keep his Mod updated for us. We greatly appreciate that NoEx! Anyway ... once TPA gets the bugs worked out with table crashes, then it seems NoEx's Mod magically works like its supposed to.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Still crashing for me :(

Can I check Im doing this right?....

After deleting everything, Ive downloaded everything again. I Then double click the .exe file and it say a new version is available. Something downloads and a new file is placed in the Mod folder. This new file end in .update. Also, the settings ini says 1.61.

Everything loads up fine, but crashes whenever I click on a table.

I have looked at the mod .exe file and it says last updated February. Is this supposed to update, or is an update file simply supposed to go in the same folder as it does now?

Also, when I right click on the update file the computer doesn't know how to open it i.e. it wants to know what app to use. Should it know?

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
L33, can you try this:

- Download the mod, extract it in a clean folder.
- Start it with admin rights.
- The update popup will appear saying that a new version is available (v1.61).
- Click "yes", once downloaded, quit the mod.
- Check the mod folder, if there is an .update file into it you can stop here, there was a problem with the autoupdate feature and the game will crash.
- If there is no .update file, restart the mod with admin rights, it shouldn't tell you an update is available, start the game with admin rights and see if it's still crashing.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
L33, can you try this:

- Download the mod, extract it in a clean folder.
- Start it with admin rights.
- The update popup will appear saying that a new version is available (v1.61).
- Click "yes", once downloaded, quit the mod.
- Check the mod folder, if there is an .update file into it you can stop here, there was a problem with the autoupdate feature and the game will crash.
- If there is no .update file, restart the mod with admin rights, it shouldn't tell you an update is available, start the game with admin rights and see if it's still crashing.

Hi Noex...thanks for getting back.

Just done the above and...there is a .update file in the mod folder. Hoping that helps somehow :)

Cheers

L33.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Noex...thanks for getting back.

Just done the above and...there is a .update file in the mod folder. Hoping that helps somehow :)

Cheers

L33.

L33 ... what steps are you taking to make sure you are starting the Mod with Admin Rights?

L33

Aug 20, 2014
L33 ... what steps are you taking to make sure you are starting the Mod with Admin Rights?

You got me worried now... :)

I seem to remember when setting the computer up that when creating a profile I had to select that this was the administrator profile...I think.

However, just to be certain, I right click the mod and select Run As Administrator.

Also, when running the mod, it comes up with a message...do you wish for the mod to make changes to the computer...I always select yes.

Hopefully that's all correct?

I'm no computer expert and it wouldn't surprise me if at the end of all this its something I'm not doing correctly... :)

L33

Aug 20, 2014
It's ok L33, check your private messages, thanks.

Hi Noex...thanks again for getting back. I tried replying to the message in the inbox but for some reason it isn't sending. Hopefully thisll send...

I don't have the programs you mentioned, basically because I try and keep as little as possible off the cab computer for fear of something going wrong. Even after I downloaded a zip program the other day I suddenly ended up with Google Chrome messages all the time...not sure how that happened, but it winds me up! :)

Anyhow...some good news. Looking at the info you gave me, I managed to get the cab and mod up and running again. However...I cheated! ;)

Realising that the mod wasn't updating on the cab computer, I downloaded the mod to an old laptop and updated the mod on that. Then I transferred that file to the cab computer and it worked first time.

There is obviously an issue somewhere here, obviously with my cab computer. Its a new computer and up to date, but theres obviously something on there that prevents the update working. As far as I know, I don't have AV software etc.

Perhaps if anyone else is having similar issues, maybe its worth them checking to see if that .update file is present in the folder?

If theres anything I can do to help please let me know and I appreciate the time you have given to help sort out the issue. Hopefully this info may help others in the same boat.

Thanks Noex...most appreciated.

L33.

EDIT: Thinking about it...perhaps this is the cause of the problem for people who say it doesn't work, then all of a sudden after a few wipe and reinstalls it works. Perhaps something is preventing the .update but then something happens and it updates. I'd say (not that im an expert) but if its not working, check the date (right clicking the mod.exe) and also check to see if there is a .update file in the mod folder. As soon as I managed to successfully update, the .update folder wasn't present and the date of the mod.exe was current (not Feb as in the downloaded version). Hope that helps.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hi Noex...thanks again for getting back. I tried replying to the message in the inbox but for some reason it isn't sending. Hopefully thisll send...

I don't have the programs you mentioned, basically because I try and keep as little as possible off the cab computer for fear of something going wrong. Even after I downloaded a zip program the other day I suddenly ended up with Google Chrome messages all the time...not sure how that happened, but it winds me up! :)

Anyhow...some good news. Looking at the info you gave me, I managed to get the cab and mod up and running again. However...I cheated! ;)

Realising that the mod wasn't updating on the cab computer, I downloaded the mod to an old laptop and updated the mod on that. Then I transferred that file to the cab computer and it worked first time.

There is obviously an issue somewhere here, obviously with my cab computer. Its a new computer and up to date, but theres obviously something on there that prevents the update working. As far as I know, I don't have AV software etc.

Perhaps if anyone else is having similar issues, maybe its worth them checking to see if that .update file is present in the folder?

If theres anything I can do to help please let me know and I appreciate the time you have given to help sort out the issue. Hopefully this info may help others in the same boat.

Thanks Noex...most appreciated.

L33.

EDIT: Thinking about it...perhaps this is the cause of the problem for people who say it doesn't work, then all of a sudden after a few wipe and reinstalls it works. Perhaps something is preventing the .update but then something happens and it updates. I'd say (not that im an expert) but if its not working, check the date (right clicking the mod.exe) and also check to see if there is a .update file in the mod folder. As soon as I managed to successfully update, the .update folder wasn't present and the date of the mod.exe was current (not Feb as in the downloaded version). Hope that helps.

Good to hear you got it running! Your method of updating Mod on different computer was genius. Sorry .. didn't mean to worry you :eek: ... the reason I asked about admin rights was because I was seeing the same thing on Windows 10 when I right-click the exe and choose "Run as Administrator" ... it would end up with the ".update" file as well.

There is one other way that I know of to run as admin and I think it was what worked for me. Instead of right-click "Run as Administrator", right-click the exe and go to "Properties". Then go to the "Compatibility tab" and down at the bottom under Settings check the box next to "Run this program as Administrator". Once you set it up this way, you do not have to right-click the exe anymore ... it's set so you can just double click from there on. Not sure why that did anything different from right-click "Run as Administrator", but it seemed to do the trick for me.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Good to hear you got it running! Your method of updating Mod on different computer was genius. Sorry .. didn't mean to worry you :eek: ... the reason I asked about admin rights was because I was seeing the same thing on Windows 10 when I right-click the exe and choose "Run as Administrator" ... it would end up with the ".update" file as well.

There is one other way that I know of to run as admin and I think it was what worked for me. Instead of right-click "Run as Administrator", right-click the exe and go to "Properties". Then go to the "Compatibility tab" and down at the bottom under Settings check the box next to "Run this program as Administrator". Once you set it up this way, you do not have to right-click the exe anymore ... it's set so you can just double click from there on. Not sure why that did anything different from right-click "Run as Administrator", but it seemed to do the trick for me.

Cheers...

I've just deleted the mod and tried what you did just to see if the same happens...unfortunately it still gives me the errors. Pity, because I thought that may have been a problem solver. :)

Looks like I'll just have to keep updating from another computer. :) Main thing is...it's working! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.